Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah 45 (Jun 12)

2 posters

Go down

Isaiah 45 (Jun 12) Empty Isaiah 45 (Jun 12)

Post  Isaac Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Suspect
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Isaiah 45 (Jun 12) Empty Re: Isaiah 45 (Jun 12)

Post  hannahlee Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Isaiah 45

2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.

God has a set path for each and every one of our lives, and it's always a matter of heeding His word and following that path.

I think one is able to read this verse very literally, in the context of God really leveling the mountains for the Israelites, and really breaking down gates of bronze, and bars of iron. But I chose to look at it figuratively:

In order to achieve God's holy purpose for you, there has to be a huge level of commitment, because it's not going to be easy, and you're on a pursuit for something great. We live in a corrupt, sinful world, thus, Satan's going to do all he can to corrupt God's holy plans for you. There will be non-leveled mountains and gates of bronze in our way, but God says that He will go before us to make sure those things don't get in our way. Speaking from personal experience, I think I've interpreted this a little bit differently from the norm, because when He says this, I don't think He's implying that He'll entirely take the load off of all our shoulders, necessarily. We're still going to have to face these mountains, but the difference is that we can find our strength and peace in Him, all the way through.

It's all about perspective. When you face those gates of bronze that keep you from the prize, are you going to struggle amid your human capabilities, or are you going to allow God to take over? Are you going to allow God to take over and do the seemingly impossible, and level that mountain? I need to, and I think we all need to when we find ourselves in these situations. God will see us through.

See you all Sunday! Missed you all today!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down