Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah 42 (Jun 9)

5 posters

Go down

Isaiah 42 (Jun 9) Empty Isaiah 42 (Jun 9)

Post  Isaac Sun May 31, 2009 9:15 pm

pale
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Isaiah 42 (Jun 9) Empty Re: Isaiah 42 (Jun 9)

Post  JacobPk Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:56 pm

aren't these chapters turning a bit more splendid? haha.
i hope your first 2 days back has been good! Exam time must be crazy for you guys so remember to ask God for strength, and just remember although you may be busy, you can never put God aside. Remember it's God's time you're using!

haha looong chapter.
alot of these chapters are telling us that God is with us, and because he us with us we can and should bring hsi glory forth. I remember Sam telling us as leaders, we are blessed by God, but let US also become a blessing unto others. Preetttyy siick. God gave us such gifts and talents, characteristics, etc, to glorify him, and WE can be miracle workers for God, as long as we believe it.

Lets be commited to Devos guys! Studying for exams is not an excuse! Atleast, say you couldn't do them! don't just be on and off. Consistency! Business is just a distraction away fomr God. What's more important?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:52 pm

So I just wanted to start by saying that I really loved this chapter. From verse one to four, I saw that God chooses people carefully and has plans for all of them. This was my favorite verse from the four: "Here is my servant, whom I uphold my chosen one in whom I delight." From verse five to nine, I was reminded of the power of God to create this world, to "give breath to people", and to make miracles happen. Then, when I was reading until verse 17, I felt that God really deserved so much praise from us because of the unpredictable yet amazing things we can accomplish with God on our side. I really liked this part: "These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." This verse really hit me because I was reminded of what Jesus said before He died on the cross- "Why have you forsaken me?". From this chapter, I learned that God chose Jesus as the One to lose His life on earth on the cross because He made a promise to other people who believe in Him- a promise to never leave them. I don't know if I've said it correctly, but I think Jesus' death was symbolic of God's unconditional love for all of His people
- because He did not favor any one of His people, He even sent His only Son to be the sacrifice for all of our sins.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 pm

hey guys! i ve been studying hard hard hard for my exams :S. ive had lack of sleep as of late but thats no excuse for lack of devos.

"8 “I am the Lord; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to anyone else,
nor share my praise with carved idols"

I REALLY like this verse because its like a two way thing. God says be wont give JUST ANYONE his glory and in return he wont share it. Thats something that should be thought of everyday. Ive put my studying in front of God this week but thats not good because im sharing God with work.

good luck on your exams!

-I
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:10 am

lalalalalala 7:30am extra bio classes for the past three days...
This chapter was long but it had lots of great verses!

1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.
These verses really reminded me that as God's servants, he cares for us and holds us in the palm of his hand with delight. It's not like God mass-created us and just dumped us on the earth, but we are chosen, and he overslows us with his spirit so that we may really do God's purpose in life. So our lives mean so much more than just living for the sake of breathing eating and taking dumps. But in us God has breathed in his spirit, so that we may in turn glorify him and his kingdom. Smile

20 You have seen many things, but have paid no attention;
your ears are open, but you hear nothing."
This verse really shows us how ignorant we can be. So many times we find ourselves completly falling out of the loop and then ignoring God.. And then later we complain and say things like "I feel like God's never around" or "Why is he so distant from me?" Also when we get confused in life it always seems like God never gives us straight answers and that he's always silent when we need him. But really, a lot of the times, its us being blind. Our eyes and ears are open but we don't actually take anything in.. And I think thats' because we often try to listen or see but with closed hearts. Let's remember that in order for our relationships with God to be as intimate and loving as we want them to be, we really have to work from the inside o ut, and make sure that our heart is in the right place. When we do that, that's when we're really going to start to hear him and see him all around us Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 am

I was just playing maple story and I found a maple claw:) yay those are costly Very Happy:D

Isaiah 42:1-9

it starts of as "here is my servant, whom i uphold, my chosen one in whom i delight; i will put my spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfullness he will bring forth justice." It sounds like he is talking about Jesus how he is calm and always generous when he makes reference to the useless reed and the burned wick. Im so tired gonna sleep:S
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down