Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 10th

3 posters

Go down

April 10th Empty April 10th

Post  Isaac Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:03 am

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

April 10th Empty Re: April 10th

Post  Isaac Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:44 pm

huh... the website shut down... and it wouldnt load while i was sending it... let me re do it...

im still doing james with my cell group. Sorry i missed my devos! ill get things straightened out...
heres james 2+3 TIGER COMBO SUPREME ATTACK...
"1 My dear brothers and sisters,[a] how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others?
2 For example, suppose someone comes into your meeting[b] dressed in fancy clothes and expensive jewelry, and another comes in who is poor and dressed in dirty clothes. 3"

We shouldnt favor people, especially in our group. Its hard to notice though isnt it? i mean we might see it as "hes a good friend" or "ive know her longer". But when we take breaks and stuff, we should all be together and not trail off HANNAH AND DENISE.. ahem...but you get my drift...

" 13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. "
Practice what you preach... i see it like this: if you practice what you preach at school, and people are like "hey that isaac kid is a swell guy" and they know its because you say you have Jesus in your life they might need someone like you later in life. They might say "i need to talk to someone about God.. what about that skinny asian kid in math in grade 11..." and facebook creep you...

SEE YOU SUNDAY!
[-_-] <see you hommies
~|~
/ \
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:39 am

Revelations Chapter 5.
I honestly.. don't get this chapter, but I thought it was a good read because it helped me realize how much more I needed to know about the bible to understand all parts of it.
But as I was reading this chapter I remembered about a song that had "Worthy is the Lamb" in the lyrics, and I guess that lyrics came from this chapter of the Bible.
The slaughtered Lamb that was the only One worthy of opening the scroll, I'm guessing it refers to Jesus.
Also, the part where the guy started to weep because he thought nobody was worthy enough to open the scroll made me think about how even among all the virtuous people in this world, none of us will be worthy, yet we get things we do not deserve.
Like.. Gotham gets Batman =]; do they deserve him? no... but do they need him? yes
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 am

Revelations Chapter 5.
I honestly.. don't get this chapter, but I thought it was a good read because it helped me realize how much more I needed to know about the bible to understand all parts of it.
But as I was reading this chapter I remembered about a song that had "Worthy is the Lamb" in the lyrics, and I guess that lyrics came from this chapter of the Bible.
The slaughtered Lamb that was the only One worthy of opening the scroll, I'm guessing it refers to Jesus.
Also, the part where the guy started to weep because he thought nobody was worthy enough to open the scroll made me think about how even among all the virtuous people in this world, none of us will be worthy, yet we get things we do not deserve.
Like.. Gotham gets Batman =]; do they deserve him? no... but do they need him? yes
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:55 am

Hey guyss
Sorry I missed yesterday.. I think I'm gonna fuse my devos from yesterday and today..Last night I actually went to the Freshwind Christian Conference at Toronto airport church with my friend.. And it was a great conference, but I must say, nothing compares with milal.. Hhaha at point I was like "Oh no, there wont be any cross dressing contests or 1am ramyun Razz"
The conference was HUGEE and there were people that flew in from like Georgia and stuff.. But it was TOO big for my liking. I like our cozy korean church Smile
We had this speaker.. And during worship he stood beside me and he was this bald guy with these two huge earrings and tattooos everywhere and these creepy eyes.. And i didnt know he was the speaker and i remmeber being creeped out by him.. And then when the pastor called him up to speak i was like. OHHHHHH. hahaha

But anyways he was one of those speakers that didnt sugarcoat anything. It didn't matter that there were non-Christians there, he just told it straight up like it is.. He was talking about salvation.. About how so many people just get baptized and think they're saved or just repeat the salvation message that they "Confess with their tongues that Jesus is their personal Lord and Saviour" and think that they've just reached the safety zone. And he forced all of us to really reflect and look at our lives.. He said that he knew church leaders and praise team members and teachers that had just been doing waht they had been doing for so long that it became routine and they completly lost sight of their faith and their relationship with God. He challenged every single one of us to reflect to when we accepted Christ and think about all of the years or months or days that had come after. Have we lost sight of what it means to be a Christian? Do we still have the faith that will save us? Do we live Christianity on the outisde and speak empty words? Or do we REALLY WORSHIP? He spoke a lot about sin and how much it really hinders our relationship with God. This morning I read Psalms 14 and the whole psalm was about sin; how there is not a single person that does good, and how every single one ofus are sinners who continue to do evil. We continue to turn away from God and hurt him, but the Lord still comes and restores his people again and again. And today being good friday and all I really remembered how destructive sin is..
Whenever I tried to stop sinning I find that a lot of the times, it was in a weird way for myself. Like "I shouldnt be doing that because it makes me a bad person" And even though there's still that God element I find that I lost track of the fact that sin HURTS God. And that when I try to stop sinning ti shoudlnt be so that I can be a better person because in some weird way that's selfishness. But it should be to stop hurting God, because God hates sin so much and yet we continue to turn away from him and take stabs at his heart with every sin we committ.
Today at the service our speaker talked about how Jesus not only took all the physical pain, but he took the burden of our sins.. And with each sin that we committed or committ, we dig a nail into Jesus' hands, and we just make his burden so much heavier. And to be reminded of this really put me back in perspective, and gave me a much better motivation to stop my sins and give myself up to God.
Easter time is the most important time of the year for Christians - so let's not forget the reason for the season Smile

I really have the hope that all of us can worship from the heart to our bodies, from hea
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down