Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPHESIANS 6 6 6 6 6

+3
Isaac
Sean
Joseph
7 posters

Go down

EPHESIANS 6 6 6 6 6 Empty EPHESIANS 6 6 6 6 6

Post  Joseph Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:40 pm

OLLA senio....

Children, obey your parents in the Lord,for this is right. "Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise, that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth

So in this passage, God is telling us to obey are parents. Why, because it is also in the 10 commandments. We should obey are parents because they are the ones who raised us. They are the ones who brought you as a christian. Without your parents we would be lost. And also if we disobey are parents it is also saying you are disobeying God. God is our parent. He is our father. He has created and raised us. If we do obey our parents we are also obeying our father.

Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying Love.

This verse is so powerful. when i read this verse it blew my mind. God has given us grace and peace in this world. By sending Jesus christ down to earth to sacrifice himself on the cross for our sins. And that is showing love. It says that Love can never die because love is Jesus. He will always love us, and his loves will endure forever. So i just wanted to thank you Jesus for brining grace and peace in this world.

AMEN...........................

have a good day guys....and may God be with you...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

EPHESIANS 6 6 6 6 6 Empty Re: EPHESIANS 6 6 6 6 6

Post  Sean Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:34 pm

I wrecked my english presentation:) sorry i have been procrastinating from my devos lately

John 1:1-18 "The word became flesh"

I find it intresting when it says "he himself was not the light; he came only to witness the act" hes talking about John, not sure which one, but I think it means, even though John did many acts and miracles he was not the actual miracle maker, but was only the miracle witnesser. He was a witness. "He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him" I find that really intresting, its like a parent conceived a child, but the child does not acknowledge that the parents are in fact his parents. "The Word beccame flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father, full of grace, and truth" This is saying how the Word is more important then anything, that it is as important as our flesh and our food.

John 1:19-28 (John the Baptist Denies Being the Christ"

Imagine if John said that he was Christ, he would have so much power. "I am the voice of one calling in the desert" The first thing I thought of was that no one is in a desert, so he is the voice of no one? Maybe hes saying that hes not as important and significant as Jesus Christ, the true Messiah.

Ephesians 6

"Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but liuke slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart" This is saying dont just be two faced on only act the way you do in front of your parents or boss or masters. Dont be two faced is the message:) (: "Put on your full armor of GOD so that you can take your stand againstr the devils themes" I remember when Sam was talking how we are the weakest, but with GOD we are stronger then the angels and devils, I think this ARMOR of GOD is a symbol of how GODS power can be used through us.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 pm

i like the analogy of the "spiritual warfare". Im guessing it came from this chapter. it says we are "fighting against rulers of the unseen world". For some of you this is as real as... a brick?(i couldnt think of anything) but yea... since some of you have been to native missions and other stuff.
It says that our sword is the word. Ahaha s"word" "word" see it? ya? Very Happy. Its meant to be...
But anywho, in reality our weapon of choice should be the word, cause the word brings wisdom, a spiritual guide, and how to defend against such foes. It says the name of Jesus alone scares them, and its not a figure of speech.

Some of you havent been posting your devos, but i trust that you're still doing them ya?

-Enjoy!

Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Hey guys, sorry I slacked for the last few days. I've been reading, but haven't had the time to post. Praise team, please check your email, 'cause I sent an email regarding practice this week. Please get back to me right away!

I read a book when I was in junior high about the armor of God. It was a fictitious story about literally wearing the armor of God. Pretty interesting. So, every time I read these verses it reminds me of that book and how it left a big impact on me. This chapter really reminds me that we have no room to complain, since God pretty much gives us instructions on everything we need to know. Here, Paul said, "Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm." And in verses 18 and 19, he reminds us to continue to pray. One thing that Sam really taught me firmly over the years that I've known him is that I need to pray. And prayer has power.

This chapter is pretty straight forward and uses analogies to show us what kind of character-building traits we need to obtain to grow in Him.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Major apologies for not posting my devos.
I've read them, but I was stupid and lazy and didn't post them.

Ephesians 6

When I read verse 17, it was like a wake-up call or even a smack in the head for me because this part is about the sword being the Spirit, which is also the word of God. Over the past few days, I was justifying my not posting my devos to myself by saying things like, "Oh, well I read it... I don't need to post it." I realized now that I do need to post it and it's not fully okay for me to just read the passage. Since I made a commitment to every one of you to be accountable in reading the Word, it was wrong of me.

I also realized how important this forum is for me. When I read the passages and close the Bible, I come away with probably a few things that stick out for me. But analyzing and reading the passage over and over allow us to immerse in God's Word and relate the words on the pages to our daily lives.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 am

Unfortunately on the same lazy boat as some others...haha, sorry sorry.

Ephesians 6:10 - 18 The Whole Armor of God

I really enjoyed this analogy. For a second, I felt like I was gearing up to fight...Orcs and things...in New Zealand...Hahaha. But it's a great bit of insight, how Paul reveals that we think we know what we're dealing with in this world, but our spiritual warfare occurs with the unseen. It brings a much more serious tone to the situation, and it begs us to smarten up and begin to realize it. I think for a new believer, it might be difficult to take this seriously, but I'm sure there are those of us who have experienced Satan working in mysterious ways, and God counter-acting in miraculous ways, and it's hard to believe but true. So this was refreshing to drive it home, once again, the importance of being ready on the spiritual grounds of war. "Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion."

Ephesians 6:19 Praying for our Spiritual Leaders

Paul asks the churches to pray for him too, asking God to give him the right words to say so he could carry out God's will. Not surprisingly, chosen ambassadors like Paul are prime targets for the evil workings of Satan, and it was so important that people prayed on his behalf.
In the same way, I think it's really important to always pray for our community's spiritual leaders. We might often forget to, but it's very important that we're praying for people like Sam, Roh, the teachers, etc. on a regular basis, because they must be spiritually healthy in order to lead the rest of us. So let's get to it! HOP HOP!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 am

My internet was down yesterday, but back to it!
When will we ever have a full band? ahaha

"Serve wholeheartedly"
THe only thing that stood out to me, we've discussed this a million times before, but how many times have we failed to do this. Easier said then done. EVen for those who have been doing devos daily, you can tell some of them we're done whole heartedly. How can we do it whole heartedly? I think it all depends on the condition of yoru heart. If your heart is willing, why wouldn't you be able to do it? Even an effort to be whole hearted makes a difference. I'm not just saying this for devotions (because we have been slacking/posting) , but i'm talking abouyt praise, serving, outside of church. If we were to do things wholeheartedly for the glory of God, wouldn't the outcome be better every time?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down