Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPHESIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2

4 posters

Go down

EPHESIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2 Empty EPHESIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2

Post  Joseph Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:49 pm

OLLA....

v8. For it is by grace you have been saved through faith and this not from yourselves it is the gift of God/

It is through faith that God has given us peace in you and in this world. It is a gift from God that he has given us faith, and that brought grace and peace to you. So in this chapter i learned that God has created us for a reason. Just like in verse 10 it says the word "Workmanship". God has created us for a reason, even before are birth. To fullfil God's will for us doing good things fo God. We need to show the world who we are, we are God servants. And we are here to help others, to serve them. We follow the Lords commandments.

Anothing thing i learned in this passage, is in verse 14-16

It says For he himself is our peace, who has made two one and has destroyed the barrier the dividing wakk of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two thus making peace, and in this one body through the cross by which he put to death there hostility.So in this passage i didnt clearly understand what it meant. But i think God is telling us that we have peace in this world because of Jesus Christ. He sacrificed himself so he can bring peace to this world. Without Jesus Christ there is no peace in this world. Jesus has taken our old life and through it in the trash and made us a new life. He did this by his blood. Jesus did all this because he loves us so much. So we should be thankful for what he has done. In gving thanks im glad we are going on this street missions because it is showing our love to Christ.

Have a good day guys.....

AMEN....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

EPHESIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2 Empty Re: EPHESIANS 2 2 2 2 2 2

Post  Isaac Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Hello hello... I'm sitting at my cafe drinking a nice latte and eating a blueberry tart Smile. I figured what better way to spend this time but to do my devo!

"God's masterpiece". What a word huh? Masterpiece. That makes me feel so special. I can't even imagine what God is seeing or how he views this world. But for anywho who does any form of art, after you create art of any sort, you feel great. Trhis is probably not even close to how God sees his "masterpiece"
Before I didn't quite understand, fully, why Jesus "changed" the law. (Made sense but I questioned if it was to be changed, them why wasn't it like this in the first place...) But in this chapter we read that it was because of the division and misunderstanding of the "law"

See you tomorrow guys Wink

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 pm

What up homes
I hope you're alll having fun at the dinner thing tonight Smile
Sorry i couldn't make it - but i'm pretty sure you guys dont' want to contract bronchitis from me..Unless I'm wrong and you do, in which case I will make sure to deliberately cough in your face the next time I see you guys. hhahaha

"14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility" I really loved this verse because it reminded me of h ow we are unified in Christ. Without him, we let so many things get in the way between us and our relationships with others. Even petty little things can take over us and really destroy the love that we should be showing to everyone. This verse was really important me today because I have this one friend that I've been absolutely horrible to in the past few months. I found her 'annoying' because she would talk when I needed to get work done, but a lot of my other reasons were so DUMB like 'her voice is annoying'. And today I was cramming for a math test and she was talking to me and wanted to study together but I was SO DRYYY and I snapped at her and sorta blocked her out.. (And this definetly isn't the first time!) Then i felt horrible and so I sent her a text tonight apolgizing for my dry behaviour over the past little while.
So this verse really reminded me of how much hostility we can have and how much it divides us. And we can try to fix things like this on our own. But sometimes I wondered to myself, 'How do i STOP disliking someone?' And I reallized that this is something we can't do alone. Our emotions, prejudices, pet peeves can take over us when we try on our own. But if we turn to Jesus and ask HIM to take it away, and ask him to break the wall of hostility, he can do so, because he is bringer of peace.
So I'm really gonna pray about this - and ask him to help me improve my relationships with people Smile

Have a good weekend guys!
Praise team, I'll see you tmrw
Leadership + Sam, See you SUNDAY! Very Happy
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Paul seems to like reminding the Jews about how they kept God from the Gentiles and were proud to have Him to themselves. Also, within the Jews, through this pride spawned the notion that by performing circumcision and following just the basic traditions God set out for them, that they were completing God's quest, per say, which would determine their life after death.
This reminds me of an old saying that goes like this:
When shared, joy is doubled and sadness is halved.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down