Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 16.adwdawdfaf

+6
Suji
Joseph
dennis
Steven.Hong
Isaac
JacobPk
10 posters

Go down

Luke 16.adwdawdfaf Empty Luke 16.adwdawdfaf

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 pm

Mad math study today. aha. Lets not trail not devos guys! Remember, God first, then everything else second. If you're not posting them, i hope you have been doing them!

Like Sam talked about wisdom today, verse 10 is PURE wisdom, we should all learn from this and not take it as a lecture, but an encouragement.
Its basically saying, how can you do the big things first if you can't do the little? This is why i admire people who work behind the scenes in our ministry, because 1st, i can rely on them, but also they are doing the things they do with humility. Somethign we should all learn.
Also verse 13 about serving 2 masters. Sam talked about this once, and notice how it says "You cannot serve both God and money." He doesn't say SATAN, he says MONEY. Which clearly means money can be more powerful than Satan at times. Lets be careful of who we serve, because something you can be serving someone or something else other than God without realizing it. Reason why we do offering? To remind us that God is more important. When i was younger, i debated whether if i should put money in the offering or if i should lessen the amount. Those are the times when i served money, because i didn't even think about it belonging to God. So yah, lets be careful.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 16.adwdawdfaf Empty Re: Luke 16.adwdawdfaf

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:48 pm

yah leadershpi team is doing it with us sickkk
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:50 pm

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whats up leadership team??? BTW you're in our house now Very Happy if you dont do your devo i will text you 8============D

The love God or money is something that always hits home with me.
31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'
I think this happens to all of us. Like we all have friends who dont, no matter what, think that Christianity is fake or a bunch of lies. And not that im saying give up, its that this verse is literally true "even if someone rises from the dead". Jesus rose from the dead and people still dont believe. But we have to trust the holy spirit, and his work in everyone.

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:44 am

hahahaha
great job i had really fun playing and listening to u guysssss

Roh- You have a sexy voice and your amazing at everything [Gt] Dragon Wink
Jacob- You make me smile when im down I love you [Gt] Legend Very Happy
Mike- HAHAHAHAHA loves chinese people lol jokes your guitar skills are amazing making me wanna kiss you hahah Embarassed
Isaac- If I dont have you there is no point of playing drums soo sexy Laughing
Denise- Your amazing hehehehe and grade 11 boy for semi is really pedo hahaha Razz
Hannah- My indian sister aka the best sister ever your voice makes me really happy Smile \
Allan- I can see you pratice alot at home cause your amazing in pratice and service cheers
Cathy- Although u didnt come today but you were still worshiping at home hehehe Keep on SMILING cyclops

sooo sexy hahahahaha
i love men
hahaha
welcome sexy noobs from leadership
hahahahahahahaha can the leadership please write down there cell number because i like sending 8=====D~~~~o

Luke 16

In verse 13, it talks aabout how you shouldnt serve two things and I think that I sometimes think more about food more but God said that you should worship him and he will give
you everything soo My point is to worship God first although ur hungry hold it and worship him and he will give it to u
I pray that everyone will think about God first...
SOOO SEXY HEHEHEHE

-Steve Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 am

just to make it clear.

im not a pedo. steven, i'm punching you so hard with my jacked arms on sunday.
better prepare yourself for some major smackdown.

love always,
denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:48 am

heyhey denise you cant punch me
hehehhehe
be worshiperssssss
sooo you cant punch meeeeee geek
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Back to top Go down

Luke 16.adwdawdfaf Empty Luke 16.adwdawdfaf

Post  Joseph Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 am

Ok..Hey guys how are u all doing, yess the leadership team and the praise team are doing devotions together, that is sick,anyways here is todays devotion...

I read this chapter a few times so i can understand it more clearly. As i read though it i found verse 10-12 most intersesting. It says "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. So if you have not been trustworthy in handling wordly wealth who will trust you with true riches? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own? Ok, in these 2 verse, to me it talks about trust, another way to call it, faith. In verse 11 it says that if we cannot trust others of have faith in others, how can we have faith in God. The only way to have in God, is to also have faith in others. And also having faith is one of the best ways to have a relation ship with Jesus Christ. Because if you have no faith in God, it is saying that you cannot trust in God. In verse 12 it says that if you cannot trust others, how can you trust yourself. So have faith in others, in verse 10 it is saying that have little faith is have alot of faith. Having faith is never to little.
I also have found another verse that i found interesting. In verse 13 it says "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other. You cannot serve both God and money." Ok, i found this verse interesting because it talks about how there is only one God. If we worship other master, such as money, we are not considered a fellow beliver of Christ. As jacob said in his devotion,that we shall worship only one master, and that is God in heaven. God has commanded us not to serve more then 2 masters because he is saying that there is only one master, and one God.
For my key message for todays devotion, have faith in others, yourself, and most importantly in God. And also we serve only one master and that is God in heaven...

Amen.......................
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:55 am

joe your very sexy and your the first leadership to put on there devo
hahahahahahahaha cheers
8====D
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Suji Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 am

Hey Praise team and fellow leadership team members!
Its nice to start doing devotions today with you guys and gals Smile except exams suck and I don't even have determination to study hard- i'm being really lazy and cynical so you guys have to kick me the butt- its neccessary for my academic survival- Sad

Okay, when reading Luke 16 I saw a theme with money. In the beginning money is stated something that cannot be worshipped at the same time God is worshipped. The latter part of the chapter parallels to this statement when the rich man burns in hell. Lets say a poor man who is a worshipper of God and Scrooge, a greedy man of money collide. Do you think that a person exists who devotes himself to God but is also greedy and selfish of his money? No- So Jesus's statment makes sense
You either worship God or money and both have a different outcome- heaven & hell

Hell is for those who are selfish BUT heaven are for those who help others, share the gift of salvation and those who devote themselves to God

Greedy=shelfishness=hell
Being a disciple and devotion=working for God and his kingdom=heaven
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Suji Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:05 am

I THOUGHT OTHER PEOPLE WERE GONNA DO COLOURS!
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:06 am

hot picture.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:13 am

sexyyyyyy
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 am

Hahaha thanks for all your "welcome" words to the leadership team, you praise team ppl.

First of all, Suji, your picture is AMAZING.

Second, yup! Suji, your picture is AMAZINGGGG. hahahaha. Good job Isaac.

Verse 13 really stuck out for me! "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Though Jesus mentions money, it's pretty clear to me that he doesn't just mean money, but other things that we may fall in love with and put before God. So, these things may include other possessions, pride, fame, intelligence, significant others, etc. etc. Think of this as a literal relationship. If you had a girl/boyfriend, I wouldn't think that that significant other would appreciate it very much if you only spent half of your available time thinking about or spending time with him/her. You need to devote everything!

This relates to the praise team motto once again...If you haven't noticed yet, I pretty much tie everything to this: ALWAYS WORSHIP! Don't worship half the time, or even 99% of the time, but ALWAYS.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 am

v. 13 "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

This verse really hit home for me in this chapter. With this verse, I was reminded of Sam's sermon yesterday, when he asked somewhere along the lines of how we want our lives to turn out. He talked about money and education being the usual things we want once we grow up.

To be honest, I've been slacking in devos because of this huge chem test on Tuesday. Of course, the test shouldn't be an excuse, but it is the reason why I haven't been posting. When I read this verse, I realized that I sometimes serve two masters- God and Chem. Sounds funny, but it's definitely true. In fact, I was really stressed out about this test I have, but now that I learned not to serve two masters, I'm a little calmed down because I know that God will be with me tomorrow, at the test. Since I studied over the last week, I'm sure that He'll help me to do my best.

I hope that I can remember this verse everytime I feel like slacking.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 am

sick.. wassup leadership team?
suji, sexy picture. oh and i returned the library books today, you owe me Twisted Evil
jks

chapter 16.
I learned that..
It makes sense in this world to live for money because on the surface, money is the thing which buys you food, shelter, and other basic necessities for just living. However, this chapter reminds all of us again that earthly pleasures are only momentary and nothing compared to the eternal pleasure which we could have if we are willing to accept God and represent Him in a way that is sharing, caring, and loving.
I'm guilty of being selfish in so many cases, like at school I sometimes won't even share things in my pencil case if I don't like the guy who's asking me for pencil, pen, eraser, etc.
Also, it's not money that buys us the necessities but God. I thought about it and: the job I have, the education I get, and the love and care I get from your parents, etc. all this wouldn't be possible without God's help.

Chapter 17.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHxutPlxk8
I think this video shows the polar opposite of everything that's in this Cha.. no the entire bible..
This Chapter reminded me of this video because of the part where only 1/10 lepers came back to Jesus to thank Him for what He has done. The ex-leper also praised Jesus' name and worshiped Him as his God. Kathy Griffin said, "Suck it Jesus! This award is my God now!"
Ya...
Also, when the Kingdom does come, people like Kathy Griffin (who use Jesus to convey a joke) are the ones who will either be killed by the initial ball of fire, or they will be the ones to turn into pillars of salt as they can't let go of their previous sinful lives.
I learned most from this Chapter from the part about Teachings about Forgiveness and Faith.
I believe there is a "right" way to forgive somebody, and that is to make sure that they've learned the lesson first, THEN forgive them.
There's no point in just forgiving them if the forgiven person will just take advantage of that and keep doing the wrong things in life.
The whole point of forgiving is so that the forgiven person gets moved by your compassionate ways and ceases to commit evil deeds.
Input without output is useless imo.
Also the bit about faith from this Chapter reminded me of the movie Yes Man.
Basically Jim Carry makes a pact with the leader of the Yes-group (?) to say "yes" to everything he's asked.
Whenever he breaks the rule and says "no" some major crap happens.
Anyway, the movie ends with Jim Carry realizing that he should say "yes" to only the things in his heart.
Therefore, when I'm putting our faith in God, I should do so from my heart and whenever I say "yes" to God's requests/orders, it should be from my heart.
When worshiping God I should always have the right mindset and heart.
yee..
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:26 am

WELCOME LEADERSHIPPP!! YEYEYEEE
haha I agree, Suji's picture is SEXY. im glad that your boyfriend is so attractive..

LUKE 16:
13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
I've read this verse quite often, but everytime it sorta gets me. hahah im SO CHEAP its really bad. btw. LOL at mike's pencil-sharing thing. lol do you just blatantly refuse to give them your pencil, or do you lie and pretend that you dont have any? hahah
Anyways this reminded me of that disciplesehip class when Liz was talking about how we have so much more money than people used to back in the day - we genearlly h ave a much better standard of living. But, stress, suicide, depression rates have SKYROCKETED! I think that this really shows us that money doesnt give us the fulfillment or happiness that we seek. A lot of people think, 'If only I had more money'. Since money gives us the ability to provide for ourselves and buy nice things, we tend to put so much faith into it and treat it as something that can bring us happiness. This is what Jesus means when he says that we can't serve two masters. By putting our faith into it, and by making our lives revolve around money, we idolize money, and we let it take God's place in our lives. But, stats show us that clearly, money dont bring me happiness. (hahaha) Instead, it brings us even more stress and worry - i guess it's cuase the more we have, the more we have to lose.
So let's remember who our real God is, and detach ourselves from the reliance that we have on money! Hopefully we can demonstrate this through our street runs!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 am

Egad.

1. HOLLA TO THE LEADERSHIP TEAM!!! Welcome! Bienvenue! Bienvenido! Wilkommen! Suji, I'm sure you've heard it plenty a time by now, but your picture's friggin awesome.
2. Sorry, sorry, sorry. My point 2 ties in ridiculously well with this chapter.

Luke 16

v.13 "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

So, as I was going on with my incomplete point #2...I've been a complete wreck this past week as far as my devos go and my sorry reason for it would be an undivided attention on stupid summatives and a vocal exam. This verse broke it down into the sad idea that I've been serving academics before God. I'm not going to be stupid and deny that it's an important thing, especially at this point in my life, but there's absolutely no way I could justify it coming in the way of my relationship with God. In any case, this verse really drove it home to me that there's no way you can serve the two and be satisfied. Rather, I need to learn to put my whole trust and service into God and understandably, everything else will naturally fall into place. It sucks that I always realize this after the fact. I'm sure that the past little while would have been much more bearable if I'd had the discipline to turn to God first and place it in His hands, as opposed to trying to take it on my own and deeming time with God not the best use of my time. So yeah. Pushes me to be a little bit more aware of areas in my life where I'm compromising God for things of this world.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down