Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 3 and 4

+4
dennis
Michael Ha
Steven.Hong
Roh
8 posters

Go down

Luke 3 and 4 Empty Luke 3 and 4

Post  Roh Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't post my Luke 3 yesterday. But thanks to those of you who reminded me! I'm going to write them both together.

So in Luke 3, we're still in the process of Jesus preparing for his ministry. He hasn't gotten to a point where he started to gather crowds to teach, to perform miracles, etc. Even in Luke 4, he was just starting to get famous. I like the mention of John the Baptist. He was a very humble man, who followed God all throughout his life. It's encouraging to see how much torment this guy went through as well and how strongly he stuck with the word and he backed EVERYTHING up with God's words. So smart, so smart. But we need to be like this. I think one reason why we're doing devos together is not just to show that we are doing them individually, but to show that we can all teach one another and learn from that. This relates to one thing I said over dinner on Friday. I want all of us to be HUMBLE. I want everyone to come before God with humble hearts and not just look to get things out of devos ourselves but to reach other and teach others and put others before ourselves.

In Luke 4, Jesus officially started his ministry by talking to Satan, to reject his temptation. He also healed people, gave a sermon-ette, and casted out a demon. He was just starting his ministry and he had already done so many great things! The one verse that was really memorable for me is verse 43: "I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent." I want us to really reach out OUTSIDE of our praise team and do good will and spread the Gospel and this is our opportunity to take what we learned from the praise team and all the devos to PRACTISE them. What could be more meaningful and worthwhile than actually practising what we preach and sing?

Hope you guys are having a great first week back and good luck with the exam studies!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Luke 3 and 4 Empty Re: Luke 3 and 4

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Luke 4 this is my favourite chapter
because I did this for my devo in native missions

In this verse Jesus is fasting for 40days,, This is where the Devil comes to him and try to tempt Jesus,
I dont noe how he didnt eat for 40days and wasnt tempted affraid When we were fasting for mission
im not gonna lie I was soo hungry but we did it for a day and he did it for 39 more days. But after reading this quote"people do not live by bread alone"
I thought that if Jesus could we can do it but it would be little harsh:p

I pray that people wont live on food alone they would worship before food.

-Steve Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm

This Chapter showed to me the importance of knowing the Word of God and ultimately the Bible/Scripture.
I personally didn't know about what Jesus said in Verse 12, "You must not test the Lord your God."
So if I was in the same situation as Jesus, because I didn't know that information from the Bible, I would have probably jumped off the cliff.
This showed to me it is very important to know the Word of God; it is the only effective way to fight against Satan and sins.
I pray I learn all that I can from our devotions and stuff and not just retain the information in my head but practice it in my daily life..
This Chapter really showed that to me.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:14 pm

i like ur devo mikee ha u touch my heart i love u Sad
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 pm

I like Mike's post too, and Steven, yours as well!
I like how everyone's coming up with practicalities from the things we learn Smile
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:48 pm

So my dad decided to get me metamuccilin from the hospital for the constipation that is getting worse day by day, and I was supposed to mix it with orange juice. Well, I didn't have orange juice, and decided to mix it with milk. BAD IDEA. I drank it, and almost threw up. I told my mom that I will never have that gross powder crap ever again, and she said I'll get used to it. What??
Seriously, I'd rather have constipation for the rest of my life than drink that glass of hell.

Also, my economics teacher is a little bit racist. She asked us what we could do to increase production short term at a factory, and people said things like increasing work hours and hiring more workers. This korean girl in my class said, "don't let the workers rest", and my teacher said, "This isn't Korea, honey." How horrible is she? Ughh

Ooookay. Enough stories

Luke 4.
v.12 "Do not put the Lord your God to the test."
I've been asking God to show me a sign for a prayer request, and I haven't seen a sign at all. So, I was pretty frustrated with Him, and when I read this verse I realized that I should just trust God and stop testing Him. I feel that I would be more certain that He has control over my life if I saw something tangible, like a visible sign, but it was interesting to hear from Jesus that I should just completely trust in God.

v.18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me...to preach good news to the poor."
The fact that God cares for the weak and the poor is strongly emphasized in the Bible. I just think that it just shows how loving, caring and not judgmental God is. When He looks at us, He only sees our love and faith in Him because our worldly things, like our clothes, looks, and money are not important to Him.

v.43 "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."
I know that I've focused spreading the Word to only one friend. Since grade 8, I've always prayed for her believing in God one day. From this verse, I learned that God not only wants us to spread His Word, but spread it to everyone- young, old, rich, poor, nice, mean, ugly, pretty. I'm going to start to pray for the salvation of every one of my friends and even those people that I don't know very well.

-D
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 am

constipation aha. i think milk actually makes it worse because it's a dairy product. 3 dotted triangle : diary products is bad. Lots of orange juice Denise!

i liked what Denise had to say about the prayer thing and how it didn't turn out. Sometimes i feel like that too, but there's a difference between believing what God can do and expecting what God can do. When we believe our hearts are being genuine and honest to God. WHen we expect things, it's like what Denise said, testing God.
Also i have a good feeling Jesus would've wanted to turn stone or whatever into bread, but only to satisfy his hunger. The only reason for nto doing so is because if he did it right there in that moment, he would have bowed down to Satan. Jesus says People do not live by bread alone only because Satan asked him to do it. If i was Jesus and i was hungry i probably would've changed the stone to bread, but if SATAN asked me to do it, taht's a whole different situation. get what i'm saying?

ahah verse 30 made me laguh, they intended to push him off a cliff, but he just passed through. He's like a bar of soap, they become more furious at Jesus, but it only makes it harder for them to get Jesus. If you try to hold on to soap really hard it'll slide right out.ahahahah

From verse 42 till the end, a word that grabbed my interest was CONTINUE. i realized you always end up gaining something if you CONTINUE to do it. If we continued to practice as a praise team we get better, if we continued to eat we'll get fat etc. If we continued to spread the gospel like Jesus, what would the outcome be?
Let us Continue! dun dun dun
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 am

hello hello.... i went to all of my classes today.. im trying to keep this up!

dido on all of what you guys said. The temptation rejection is well known but it was good for me to re-read it through and think about it. And to mike, thats an important verse. once my friend said "why didnt he jump? whats wrong with asking God to save you?" I think its because its all about the faith. CLEARLY God can save someone from jumping off a cliff. Thats no problem and shouldn't be tested. That and the repercussions of people jumping off and being saved everytime is obvious. And the only reason for a "test" is to measure someones ability or to quantify someones ability using a score system right? and nots like an insult to our God.

Anywho thats my two cents.
Have a good week guys! (late start wednesdays are awesome sauce)

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:48 am

Luke 4

The Temptation of Jesus always reminds me of how I really need to push for studying scripture, because, like Mike said, I don't know that in the face of spiritual adversity, I'd know what to say and what to think, and what the Truth is.

v.43 "I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent."
It reminded me that I'm sitting on my butt in the realm of evangelism and speaking about my faith. All the great prophets and disciples in the bible, they were ridiculously mobile. They probably saw more cities in their lifetime than the people back in their original towns combined ever saw! They moved from place to place to place, preaching to the wealthy, poor, the celebrated, the rejected, and Jesus says here that this is what He was brought to earth to do. And as people who strive to be more like Christ, I think I need to try much harder to "preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God", whether it be through scripture or through my actions.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:50 am

nice constipation story, denise.
btw, if tmrw isnt a snowday and i got my hopes up cause of isaac's text, it will all be YOUR FAULT ISAAC KIM. YOU BETTER BE READING THIS

ughh so today i definetly remembered why i hate school - the next couple of weeks is going to be absolute HELL i have SIX EXAMS in january alone - RIDICULOUS!
and im really confused now cause i was like 99% sure that i was gonna drop ib after this year but now i dont know. cause like, hey i already got this far.
God needs to show me the way.. : )
and i got booked for my non-uniform pants for the first time in 2.5 years.. grrrrrr
today is not a good day.

Okay so LUKE 4:
Well so Satan tries to tempt Jesus but Jesus refuses.. I thought it was really interesting that every single time Jesus responded to Satan's temptations, every single word he spoke was directly from scripture. It reminded me of the verse that tells us to have scripturein our hearts so that we may remember it daily. And I really saw that Jesus was living it out - that he not only knew scripture, but he used it and applied it to guide himself in his life. So let's follow his example and try to remember scripture verses so that they pop into our head at the perfect time so we dont falter or stray from God. But also, I noticed that Satan even quoted scripture! That really reminded me that Satan isn't dumb - he proabably knows scripture better than all of us combined.. It reminded me of the screwtape letters - in that book we get an insight into the ways that Satan works in our lives - to try to tempt us and lead us away from God. And it really opened up my eyes and I realized that Satan is quite the conniving tempter. When we picture Satan we imagine him all red and fiery with that tail and the horns and all that jazz, saying "SIN SIN SIN". haha but really, h e's not that obvious. He works in ways that may sometimes even trick us into thinking that what we are doing is holy, or not a sin at all - So we've really got to pray that God will protect us from all that Satan is trying to do.. If we were to battle Satan alone, Satan would proabably win - but with God we have more power than any demon, and even the angels. YEYE So let's ask God to help us defeat Satan - to make us strong, spiritual warriors.

And lets have a fantastic day tmrw.
SNOW DAY? SNOW DAY? SNOW DAY? PLEASE SNOW DAY.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:26 pm

hahahaha denise ur pretty jokes,,,,
I liked all your devos very funny hehehe Very Happy
and cathy u got caught for the first time in 2.5 year in st robs\
wow how did u manage not to get caught for that long,,, I bet i would of been caught like the first day good thing i didnt go there
hahahaha jocolor
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down