Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping...

5 posters

Go down

Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping... Empty Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping...

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:17 am

Read the title.... Im serious... if you dont start doing your devos... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! Ill slap you with my hand of justice tomorrow....

Gen 30:
I dont get this chapter. Like Roh said, "talk about drama". But i would love to be Jacob. Lets be honest. One wife 3 concubines....sick......
as the guy from Good Luck chuck "sooo much trim!"..... Ok that was inappropriate. Ill never say it again...

But like Roh said, we cant take it literally.

EXCITED FOR TOMORROW Very Happy:D:D:D:D.
Do your devos. Dont test me....
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping... Empty Re: Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping...

Post  JacobPk Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:53 am

Not everyone can be Jacob.
Smile kidding kidding.
We had our halloween dance tonight! Great stuff,,, breaking it down, grinding with girls,? definitly guys, friggin SICK.
sweaty time. OWWW!

I didn't get much from this devo actually, except for the fact Jacob was a trooper! Well DONE well DONE.

Also, it seemed more like a competition to the wives, to see whoever bore him more sons. When i htink of this, i wonder what God really sees in us. There are times where we do things just to LOOK good, and we compete against others, to look better than them. FOr example, Make belief, Jacob and Allan are setting up chairs for praise, Jacob want to do MORE, not for the sole purpose for God's glory but for the acknowledgements Jacob get fomr other people. People will say" Jacob is working so much harder than Allan, he must really love God." But in reality does Jacob really love God or is he just trying to look better. I think we need to know that when it comes down to God, there is no such thing as competition, God doesn't favour.

Can't wait to see your faces tomorrow Wink
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping... Empty Re: Who ever doesnt do their devo tonight, will get an ass wooping...

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:59 am

good point Jacob, competition can be negative. We really should remind ourselves on why we are doing this. Is it to praise God? or is it to show off our musical skills? Its easy to say its for God, but i cant imagine myself being a big praise team, lets say Hillsongs, and not get my head caught up in the fame and glory.

p.s DOES EVERYONE HAVE A RIDE UP? if not mike has one more seat in his car. Right beside me Wink
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 am

I learned that... to become prosperous, I must use that little brain-o-mine and get working on raising my "flock".
To some people, Jacob may seem like a sly person, but to me, he just seems like someone who knows the tricks of the trade; using that method to breed healthy and strong animals instead of the weak ones.
I think Jacob is the epitome of Darwinism, in that, he just keeps on getting better and better by using his brain...
He has many sons, two wives who are competing for his love and therefore will have even more children/legacy, and he has his own animals which are healthy and strong.
However, I also believe that luck is a big part of anybody's success, so Jacob in a sense is also really lucky as well.
So I learned that luck, and intelligence are two keys to success today
see you guys tmr~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:08 am

Hahhaah so many babies and so many sheep in this chapter
i got so confused
PS im really not liking the way things are going down between marraiges in this chapter. no maidservant will be getting their hands on MY future husband, not even for their son's mandrakes?
Hahah verse 15 made me laugh "Very well," Rachel said, "he can sleep with you tonight in return for your son's mandrakes."

Hahah k anyhoo in the second part of this chapter, Jacob used his good ol' noggin and beat Laban, who tried to cheat him.
I wish i had a better noggin.
I don't understand how leaving peeled branches makes the sheep want to have sex and reproduce.. haha but sure, whatever floats their boat i guess?
Maybe it works for people. lets leave peeled branches around at school and see what happens Smile
I didn't really get anything personal from this chapter today

But I thought I'd share something that happened at the conference I was at today. We did an activity where the speaker made us all line up. He would say something like "One of my siblings passed away" or "I have seriously thought about committing suicide" and whoever has an answer 'yes' to the question would walk across and "Cross the line". And whoever had the answer no would stand still. We did this for like 20 minutes with a lot of different situations. And it really really moved me to see how many people struggle with things we don't know about at all, and I was surprised to see a lot of my friends cross the line for some things that I didn't know about at all. And I'm sure they felt the same with me or others as well. Becuase it was a leadership conference, the speaker stressed that a lot of people assume that leaders lead perfect and easy lives. But by doing the demonstration he really showed us how much pain and struggling there is in all of us. And it really opened my eyes to see how real everyone is. As leaders of our milal community I thought about this, and how many people make the assumption taht all of the leaders on praise team or leadership team and such have perfect lives with a perfect relationship with God. But Ithink all of us know that that's not true at all. I remmeber when I was leading Ohana, how sometimes I found it even harder to share my own doubts and struggles with my sprituality because of this idea that the leaders should be better, happier, more perfect than others. But I think that really hinders us from opening up and relying on each other for support. I guess this is a perfect segway for our retreat tomorrow. Let's break down the barriers that we have, this idea of having to seem perfect. Cause we can't be a team if we can't trust and rely on each other through hard times
I love you all <3
and i am PUMPED FOR TMRWWWWWW WOOT WOOT

ps. i had a 6 hour nap today after i got back from the conference.
thats longer then i sleep at night.. teehee.. i think i can call it sleep, but it was more like... i passed out on my bed.
it was lovely Smile

see you all tmrw
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:08 am

GENESIS 30

Holy babies...Woww, this was pretty ridick.
To be perfectly honest, I didn't get too much from today's passage except for the inspiration to want to be happy with what I have and what's been given to me, because that was my one frustration reading this...These ladies...Like everyone else said, it had become this fruitless competition where it wasn't about what they could do for God through any of it, but nothing more than a...baby-poppin' race.
Anyways, along the lines of what Mountain said, it's shocking to see that these were two sisters 'competing' for Jacob's favour with these living children (rather upsetting)..and as we continue to grow and bond as a family, we should take away from this and try to be the polar opposite of what these sisters were, instead being a group that demonstrates genuine concern for the growth and development of one another, which I think we've already been doing, which is just awesome Smile (i.e. E-sak's drill sergeant-ness with our devos. About that..ditto. DO YOUR DEVOS!!! Haha)

Dennis and I will see you guys up there on Saturday!
We have facial masks...

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down