Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 111 August 2nd

5 posters

Go down

Psalm 111 August 2nd Empty Psalm 111 August 2nd

Post  James Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Ready for a big day tomorrow, last day of VBS, gonna be a blast, haha Smile

On top of my devotion, I just wanna say that working with kids is really starting to reach my heart.
For a constant 5 weeks, I've been taking care of kids and I couldn't have spent my time more productively.
It makes me laugh, how well behaved they are, and remembering myself fooling around like a goof when I was their age.
Anyways, its making me see the impact of God.
How a child can be so pure, so innocent, and we seek guidance from God.
God used me for his own glory, and I'm proud of that.

10: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.

I just imagined this as I was treated as a child, basically when I went to a grocery store with my mom, I had asked for a pack of blue candy.
After checking out, I remember that I saw a pack of red candy instead, and I wanted it so badly.
So I switched it as fast as I could because we had to go home quickly because my mom wanted to prepare dinner before my father got home.
When I went home, my mom saw me open up that pack, and I got spanked for stealing.
I was so afraid of my mom. But then as I matured, I realized that fearing my mom made me see the greater picture and how I could understand it.
Now I fear God, truthfully.
He gives me wisdom and understanding.
Each and everyday.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Psalm 111 August 2nd Empty Re: Psalm 111 August 2nd

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 pm

My feet are very sore from dancing and running around all day.... uuuggh.
But today was awesome! I really don't want the VBS to end tomorrow~!
2 "Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them."
When I teach the group of kids in the Body Worship station, there is seriously NEVER a dull moment. Each kid is so full of energy and excitement, it really makes me wonder how God thought of creating each child. Plus seeing all the children dancing in the audience or on the stage beside Audrey and I is so heart warming and joyful.
That is all!
Good night!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 am

TIRED~~~~
VBS has been amazing =)

Verse10
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, a good understanding have all they that do his commandements his praise endureths forever"

From this verse i can really understand what it means, we need to first fear God to be able to follow his commandments. if we acknowledge the true powers of him, we would be more willing to serve because we are afraid of him. fearing god will allow you to surround your self with his wisdom and knowlegde and be able to understand what is what. You will be closer to God and will praise him forever because you know who he is and you know what he is capable of doing.

gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 am

Tomorow is the last day for vbs! I hope everyone is ready to get wet at the water fight tomorow afternoon.....

Well anyways, this chapter talked a lot about praising God. I think that this chapter was overall meaningful but I just can't explain it properly to make any sense. I'm quite tired as well. I'll try again tomorow....sorry!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:20 am

didnt get anything from this chapter... sorry
its getting a lot harder to udnerstand without getting so repetitive..
going to beach tomorrow!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down