Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 17

4 posters

Go down

Acts 17 Empty Acts 17

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:34 pm

I think that everyone's starting their messages with "Hey Guys!" again.....anyways, I had a veeeeeeeeeeeeery tireing basketball game today so this one's not going to be toooooo long....

Ok, so this chapter goes on explaining Paul's and Silas Journeys. As Paul was preching in Athens, some people did not like what they were hearing so they put him before the high council. So Paul explained that the true God is not on earth, but in heaven. He said this because most of the people there worshiped a statue made of gold or silver. After he spoke to them, many didn't listen, but a few became believers. Those people were Dionysius (A member of the high council), and a woman named Damaris.
What this explains to me is that Paul's speech had made mixed reactions. Some just laughed, some kept on searching for more, and the few believed. His speech may have not gotten many believers, but even just one believer is worth the effort. Each one counts. It reminds me a little bit like the story of the hundred sheep and how one got lost. God wants each and every one to be safe.

Alright! On to my BIG pile of homework.....
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acts 17 Empty Re: Acts 17

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Im obssesing over the band Queen!!! Dont judge me -_- They're soooo amazing Very Happy Lol i think i should be born in a different decade Razz
Anywaaaayyss.....
Verses 22-31 really stuck out to me.
I found it very deep and "from the heart"
Lol it sounds so cheesy but it's true.
One thing thaat i found really weird, was when Paul said that he saw an altar with the inscription "To an unknown God".
Unknown God? Seriously? People there really needed Paul! It's a good thing he went there.
See you guys soon!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 am

Hey Guyszs
Sooooo sorry for not posting in a really long time. This week has been really hard and i got so much stuff to do. today was like the worst day ever. math unit test super hard, science unit test also uber hard, history test got screwed over there and got a newpaper article to do in Civics. soo glad we got a pa day this friday. my head hurts my eyes hurt busy busy week

Anyways it seems like in Acts there nothnig much but just storys of how the disciples managed and continued Jesus' journey. Something that really stood out to me was that we shouldnt treat God as an object of high quality. for ex gold or silver. In recent times such as a car or a house or anything of this sort. we should treat him as a divine being and we should repent for all our doings because some day He will come and hopefully we are all ready
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 am

So, my lovely munchkins and ...not so munchkin-y munchkins, I am veryveryvery tired from spending a very hectic day at the science centre where we only got "free time" to eat and everything else was lab work or a seminar! SO! I SHALL POST TOMORROW.

My sincerest apologies to you all!
May you have a splendid day tomorrow!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down