Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 12

+4
jaake kwon
Christine Kim
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
8 posters

Go down

Acts 12 Empty Acts 12

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 pm

how's everyones day doin sooooo far???
Ok, on to devos.....
Acts 12 is about how Herod killed James with a sword and how then he later arrested Peter. Because of this, the church prayed for Peter to be safe. So one day, an angel woke him up and helped him escape prison. Once the church saw themselves that he was alive and knocking at their door, they were amazed. Their prayers were answered by God. This really explained to me how important it is to pray for one another.
It also talked about the death of Herod. He died because he accepted the people who were worshiping him instead of giving all the glory to God. So he became very ill and later died. To me, this explains that it is hard to handle success and admiration. We must not forget that all this is because of God and we should be giving all the glory to God.

So yah....thatz about it...
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acts 12 Empty Re: Acts 12

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Verse 5: So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him"
People from churches were praying for him and thats why God sent an angel to help Peter.
The church must've really been caring for Peter, if they prayed that hard. For some reason I got the message that we need fellow christians in our lives. If I was the only christian in the whole world, I would feel so depressed. No one would be praying for me, or no one be able to share God's love with me.
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:36 pm

ok so this chapter is talking about how herod killed james and arrests peter and puts him in prison. the church prayed for peter and their prayers were heard and God send an angel to free him. the angel leads peter out of prison. later herod gets killed for making and idol of himself and making others worship him. then God's angel striked him down and herod eventually gets killed. this shows us how we should fear God and praise him. God will not accept anyone who breaks one of the ten commandments like how herod did by making others worship him.
thats it for now! sorry for the really bad devo but i really am in a rush...i promise to do better next time!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:31 am

I felt that this chapter was a story without a moral.
"It just happened"
thats how i see it.

anywayys.
dont got much out of this chapter. - none at all actually T^T-
help?
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:37 am

Sorry guys for the inactivity. having a busy week.
So what i got from this chapter was that, God will always be there for us. When we are in need of him he will come. this reminds of the sermon paster dan told us last sunday about God being our rear guard and how he will always be watching over us.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:21 am

5 But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.

Small thought!
How often do we take the time to pray for our church
Probably not as much as we really should be ahaha.
Just a reminder, let's keep our church in prayer!

23 Instantly, an angel of the Lord struck Herod with a sickness, because he accepted the people’s worship instead of giving the glory to God. So he was consumed with worms and died.

This brings me to the topic, ALL FOR GOD.
Everything we do in this life should be for god and pleasing in his eyes
None of it for us
Humility Humility Humility!

Thats ittt
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:11 am

hey guys!
math test! i think i did good Razz

This chapter was basically about Peter and his time to be executed publicly. The church and Peters friends were earnestly praying for his safety.
While in prison, Peter was awakened by an angel of Christ which told him what to do. The angel led Peter out of the prison to escape but after they were safe, the angel disappeared.
This shows that through tough times, Christ is always the answer. Even if it seems like there is no hope left... not even a single percent of faith, God will always work miracles and wonders if we believe and pray.
There wasnt much in this chapter... sorry guys
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 am

Woooopsie! I guess I forgot to put this up because I emailed it to myself and did it during a spare.
Well, this is basically what I said:
Hey, guuuuuuysss. I'm seriously going to drown myself in my pillows and sheets. ):
School sucks.... truely.
Anyway, here we gooo!

24 But the word of God continued to spread and flourish.
I don't have much to say, to be honest. BUT, I just had to say.... doesn't this one sentence sound incredible?
Through thick and thin, God and his word is always there and spreading.
"When all is stripped away". See what I did there? Wink hehehe.
Anyway, yeah! God's word is forever, right? Right. Okay, cooooool.

LOL so yeaah! GOOD DAY TODAY! WOOO
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down