Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 22 - August 26, 2011.

2 posters

Go down

Genesis 22 - August 26, 2011. Empty Genesis 22 - August 26, 2011.

Post  julian Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Post guys! Anything... at least tell me you've read the chapter! Very Happy
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 22 - August 26, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 22 - August 26, 2011.

Post  julian Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Man, I'm always bewildered when it comes to this one story... I don't know about the rest of you, but it did give me a few chills and a few thoughts;

I guess some people could be so cunning as to call Abraham a bad father to Isaac, very well going to slay his son without a second thought, but really, this is a test of God - does Abraham fear God? Well, he surely did the commandment and did it without thinking twice (it seems to be that way, at least from how I read it) and obeys God whole-heartedly. Why does God test us? If we're true believers, we should act in a way that God would want us to act; yes, we're sinners and we aren't perfect, but it comes down to how much we've tried and repented for the sins we've committed... and really, we'll all have our tests that come by, probably at the end of this next retreat.

I know I myself will have a lot of temptations in university, I kid you not, and I leave off right after the retreat; but it's my goal that I'll continue my walk with God and not give up. I myself want to do my best, serving along with you guys for the very last time that I'll be in this team.

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:49 am

Hey guys, sorry for not posting foreverrrr. I've been going a little craaaazy. Haha ):
Anyway, I'm hoping with school coming around, I'll be back to the same old boring schedule again. Nothing too unpredictable!

Okay, so here we go!
Reading this again, I realize that there are things that are right to do, and things that we want to do and that the right thing is not usually the thing we want to do.
Obviously, Abraham didn't really want to do what was commanded of him, but he knew that God always did things with a purpose, even if we, ourselves, can't understand it.
We just have to trust in God and realize that what he does, may not seem helpful to us or the people around us, at the time.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down