Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 9, August 10, 2011

3 posters

Go down

Genesis 9, August 10, 2011 Empty Genesis 9, August 10, 2011

Post  DunNo Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Post here!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 9, August 10, 2011 Empty Re: Genesis 9, August 10, 2011

Post  DunNo Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey guys... I'm kinda tired so I'll get straight to my devo.

6 Whoever sheds human blood, by humans let his blood be shed, Because God made humans in his image reflecting God's very nature.7 You're here to bear fruit, reproduce, lavish life on the Earth, live bountifully!"

These verses mean a lot to me because it states God's purpose for us. God made us to live for him and to reflect his nature. And he's there to protect us from each other. The reason he will avenge us is because if someone hurts us, it stops us from doing what God planned for us to do. Live in his name bountifully and populate his earth. And it's amazing that God, who is so great, has set out a purpose for us and he is willing to protect us and help us on the way, so I personally will try to keep up my end of our bargain, and live in his image and do what he gave me purpose for.

Good night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:50 am

I'll add a little more onto what Jeremy said. Thanks for starting the discussion tonight!

Recall Moses' sermon awhile back where he talked about the idea of self-portraits. Each of us are unique, but we all have some characteristic - some part of our image that was based on God himself! We are self-portraits of God! Our called procreation as Christians and as believers is what continues the diversity of images all across the Earth! And yet the deaths of so many people, especially murders, almost start to crumble God's image! We are here to make use of this earth and to continue going through generation and generation! Remember, all that God made was good - and that's certainly the case for us.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 am

3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Okay, so God gave us EVERYTHING. I'm sure he knew that we were going to make mistakes and that the things around us would effect us in good AND bad ways. Knowing this, he still gave us all that we have. I wonder why....

And can someone tell me why it was so bad for Ham to have told his two sons to go in and cover Noah's body?? :S
I don't really understand...
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down