Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 18 - August 22, 2011.

Go down

Genesis 18 - August 22, 2011. Empty Genesis 18 - August 22, 2011.

Post  julian Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Post here.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 18 - August 22, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 18 - August 22, 2011.

Post  julian Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:35 pm

As with many of the other chapters we've discussed thus far, I find several interesting things I can think about;

The first has to do with how God knows everything - the one who is omniscient (all-knowing); When Sarah was afraid, she did lie, but God knew exactly about it... no matter how much we can attempt to conceal information, God will find out in an instant, checking the condition of our hearts - and I firmly believe that separates truth from lies... simple as it sounds, but powerful when you see that we lie almost on a daily basis... and I have to say, it's still a big struggle from time to time.

I'm not 100% sure, but looking at the context, if there's at least ONE righteous person, God will spare the lives of the whole community - however, why God might have been firm on this was because of a verse we talked about once; Romans 3:10; No one is righteous, not even one. In fact, if all of us are sinners, there's no way that we can be righteous or 'good' - God is the only one who we believe to be righteous... I'm not sure where I'm leading to exactly... but I'm having mixed thoughts about the second part of this chapter.

Please catch up guys, for those of you who missed nearly a week...!

Setlist should be sent tomorrow. Time for another 6 AM shift........
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down