Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 2!

+2
Isaac
Roh
6 posters

Go down

Genesis 2! Empty Genesis 2!

Post  Roh Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Hey guys! Today's Thursday, meaning that tomorrow is FRIDAY! I hope you're all ready for tomorrow and if you're not, please listen through the music and practise your parts! Cathy and Denise: I want you guys to work on more effective part-sharing too, so you can talk amongst yourselves throughout the week so you know what you're practising. I know that you guitarists have more burden because I tell you guys to practise, but the pianists should practise as well.

Anyhow, let's get into today's passage:

Adam and Eve are introduced in this chapter. In chapter 1, God created all the aspects of this world except for humans. So here it is. It seems like God created the garden of Eden and made it a VERY suitable place for humans to live in. I'm sure every part of the world must've been beautiful and more than suitable as well, but according to today's standards, the descriptions of this area sound really appealing.

I didn't get too much out of this chapter, but I got this: God really cares. Yes, this "c" word may be overused today and may be underrated. However, look at what God did for us. As mentioned yesterday as well, everything that God made is perfect. And look how much detail he paid attention to. Even in the garden of Eden, things were constructed so carefully. And he also said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." He really cared for us and didn't want us to be lonely, and even physically stressful for the man would have to work alone. And imagine a world without girls? That would be pretty gay. (no pun intended, haha)

Verse 25: "The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame." -- awesome.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Genesis 2! Empty Re: Genesis 2!

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:12 pm

alrighhhty then. Taking a break from the playoffs to do my devo. Very Happy

Genesis 2:
So i never knew that the names of the rivers were so specific and it told us where it winded off to.
I like reading Genesis. As a kid i got knew the stories but never appreciated Gods awesome design. Were from dirt. Thats awesome. Rohan you are dirt, so are you Denise and Hannah and everyone else....
Also how marriage is represented as women are "apart" of man and man is "apart" of women is quite awesome.
That would be sick though to walk around naked, eat all the fruit of the land, name stuff... i would however name the animals and plants differently....
Anywho not much to get moved by in this chapter but a lot of cool facts.

Hope you guys have a good Friday. Friday means PARTY not really... but practice... which is enough for moi.
P.S HAPPY FRIGGGGIN BIRTHDAY CATHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i say friggin?
Isaac out!
p.s.s I got a soccer ball from right under me kicked by a soccer player during gym. There was no ricochet or off my leg... it was pureee package attack... i was crying... like tears were comming out then it felt numb so i thought i popped a vessel or something... i actually thought my penis got cut off.... (great imagery eh?)... then to make it worse 2 min later i got hit harder... my teacher told me to go to the office but i stayed in net...
.... just thought you guys needed to know what happened to me this week....
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Happy Birthday Cashy. MONEY MONEY
Hope you guys had a good thursday. i bombed my math quiz.
study study is something i have to do

God rests? haha imagine him lying down, getting a tan and a foot massage.
One thing, God made the se7enth day holy, which is the Sabbath? To us Christians, Sabbath is Sunday right?
IS Sabbath just a day where we don't do work? or a specific reason not to. Cause i think we should have this set mind if we are to go to church on sundays because its our sabbath, shouldn't we go everyday? God isn't meant to be for one week. He's for every second of our life.
OK, so Basically God knew Adam was going to fall right? Pre-destination is pretty scary. Whats the difference between tree of life, and the one of knowledge and evil?
Oh, if Adama nd Eve were made perfect, imagine how HOT EVE WAS. Sexiest woman. like perfect EVERYTHING.
hahahahaha
so excited for tomorrow guys.
Only reason why my week goes by so fast!
Ciao
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:17 am

Hey guys.. I got so much work to do...
But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what God did lol.

I wonder why the rivers are so important...
Lol I smiled when I read, "I will make a HELPER suitable for him."
That's right.. a HELPER
Ya.. awkward turtle
Anyway, Verse 24 really hit me, because of how God thinks of, basically, marriage.
He says "a man will LEAVE his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will BECOME ONE FLESH."
Marriage nowadays, to a good amount of people (a statistic I just took in my head), thought of as not-so-important or not-so-holy.
But really, going out or dating someone is 180 degrees different from being married to someone; from being called wife, and from being called husband (not sure if I used the semi-colon there properly >_>). Also, God says you will become one in flesh (have kids)!! This is soooo serious and important, as we all know.
Marriage is a serious thing... yet it is taken pretty lightly by some people in the world... That's why there are divorces happening all around the globe right?
I hope when I grow up and get married, that it won't be like... that... Just as Sam's marriage with Esther won't be like that.
Anyway, that's what I took away from this Chapter...
SEE YOU TMR GUYS SO EXCITED TO ROCK IT YOO
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:29 am

Michael Ha wrote:

Marriage nowadays, to a good amount of people (a statistic I just took in my head), thought of as not-so-important or not-so-holy.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Smile
ah-hem... My partner, Michael, And I believe that , from this statistic i made up 3 seconds ago, that the profit margins will be through the roof!
yea..... its an inside joke... can you tell?
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:31 am

Isaac wrote:
Michael Ha wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Smile
ah-hem... My partner, Michael, And I believe that , from this statistic i made up 3 seconds ago, that the profit margins will be through the roof!
yea..... its an inside joke... can you tell?

Hahaha, that was a good day for mankind =]
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:35 am

no one else gets it mike... its ok we had our shits and giggles...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:43 am

Genesis 2:

Alright i didnt really get anything personal out of this, but I kinda really liked the marriage part. I know a lot of women think its degrading that wegot taken out of mans rib and a lotta guys try to use ti to be like 'YOO YOU WERE TAKEN FROM ME IM BETTER THAN YOU' but i ono. i really dont feel like God meant it in any way like that.
I think he weas trying to go for a 'we were formed from the same thing' thing. So becuase of this, when we get married we form one flesh..
SO yeah that pretty much makes marriage seem a lot more important than society makes it.
Society's just like. i love him now, so ill marry him. But i can always get a divorce..
But God really meant it to be one man, one woman together that come together as one.. until they die..
Guys i really hope i never have to get a divorce
dont let me get married off to a jerk im gonna wanna divorce later! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:05 am

Guess what I have on my feet right now?

socks?
shoes?

nope nope you're all wrong. FOOT BUTTER.. "great for dry cracked heels".
I'm going to have nice feet tomorrow..... hahha.......

okk moving on.

Genesis two two

I found the marriage idea really interesting too, but since you guys have already talked about it, I'll talk about the beginning of this chapter.

verses 2 & 3. "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blesssed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."

These days, a whole week goes by so fast because of all the assignments, tests, quizzes, presentations, etc. Then, on the weekends, I catch up on all the work that I didn't do over the week. In fact, this week was the worst. Right now, my eyes are becoming bloodshot red, and I am exhausted from school (soo nerdy). From this verse, however, I'm reminded of the purpose of the weekend (or Sunday): rest. God, who is the highest of the highest and the greatest of the greatest, even took the day off from creating the world. I find that doing devotions really helps me to be calm and rest.

During the school year, I'm sure things will only get busier and harder. As we keep up with devotions, I hope that this will be an escape from our daily routine of waking up, going to school, doing homework, and going to bed, and a chance for us to connect with God and find peace through Him.

TGIF.
au revoir.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:05 am

oh btwz

happy b-day cathy! =]