Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 8!

+3
dennis
Isaac
Roh
7 posters

Go down

Genesis 8! Empty Genesis 8!

Post  Roh Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey guys! I hope your weeks are going well. It's almost over already...crazy, isn't it? Maybe it's just me, but my weeks go by really fast these days. That's partly because I have no life, and partly because 5 days aren't THAT long I guess. Plus, looking forward to Fridays really help.

Genesis 8

The story of Noah and the Ark has conitnued. So now the flood is over and the ark lands on the top of this mountain. Isaac, I don't think God landed the ark right at this narrow "tip" of the mountain to create this see-saw effect with the ark and using the mountain-top as the base. The top of the mountain could have been enormous and very flat. Crazy though...archaeologically speaking, Even if the water went down, it rained HARD for so many days that the sea level back then might have been a lot lower, for most of the water during the flood stayed on the earth. Perhaps this can be an explanation of how climate was so different back then. Since they were lower in general, the sun had to be farther away, changing a lot of the vegetation and lifestyles. But then again, where the earth was situated compared to the sun could have been very different as well.

Another interesting question...if the rain was pouring down so heavily day and night for 150 days, what about the ark? Would IT have flooded?

Anyway. It says that God smelled the pleasing aroma and said that he'd never destroy the earth again. Once again, I'm going to challenge this again and it's hard for me to grasp. I can't even imaging killing so many people, including powerless children and less-sinful individuals and then being pleased about it. There HAD to be a part of God that made him frown about the whole situation. But at the same time, they could have been VERY sinful. Who knows. It does say that these people's hearts were probably evil from childhood. But so are we, right? From infanthood, we develop rage and become violent and sinful. If you observe infants, they are pretty violent. They go CRAZY. If infants had my jacked, muscular body, what would the world be like?

This has been more of a scientific analysis and questionnaire. But I hope you found it interesting and try to answer some of my questions!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Genesis 8! Empty Re: Genesis 8!

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:18 pm

m sure the ark was built waterproof. According to some pics it had like a house shape entrance atthe top of the ark. I'm so hyper now.... Never had so much caffine in my system before
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:28 pm

Have you ever tasted playdough?
Try it- it's disgusting.

In chem class, we were making our own "atom" with playdough. I kind of got carried away with the squishiness, and decided to cover my whole right hand with it. Being the baptong that I am, I didn't wash my hands and came home. I was so hungry that I dug my hand into a piece of bread and ate it, and I almost immediately gagged. The taste lasted for an hour, even though I brushed my teeth.. how pleasant...

Anyhooooo

Genesis 8

v.1 "But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark..."
This verse reminded me that God cares for each and every one of us, and thinks of us all the time. I'm sure bringing the flood to His own creations, and watching His children drown were not easy for God to oversee. However, in the midst of all this chaos, God remembered those who were good to Him and saved them.

v.10 "He [Noah] waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark."
Noah first sent out a raven, then a dove three more times to see if the water had dried up from the earth; he was waiting to see if God's work had been complete. From reading this part of the passage, I realized how impatient I was today; I yelled at Grace for stealing my eraser and taking it to school, and I'm sure there were other situations resembling this one. Actually, I'm so impatient all the time. I need to learn from Noah and wait. When I pray for something, I normally expect God to give me a sign that He's going to answer me in one or two days. For Noah, he waited for way more than a week, and God did end up sending him a signal that everything was done.

v.20 "...he sacrificed burnt offerings on it."
The "ark ride" was probably not the most pleasant experience for Noah- smelly animals, annoying family members, etc. So, the first thing I expected Noah to do when he got out of the ark was for him to be so happy that he was out of the ark for his own reasons and perhaps have a little party. However, what he actually did was to build an alter to the Lord, and taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, sacrificed burnt offerings on it because he was thankful for everything God had done for him. How many of us give thanks to God first when something amazing happens in our lives? Do we always do this? When I overcome a struggle or find something awesome in my life, I hope that I will think of God first and thank Him for moving in my life.

ciao amigos
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Can't wait for tomorrow because then it's just one more day til' Friday! And Friday's my school's "Oktoberfest", which is my school's attempt at rounding up school spirit with those big inflatable games and dinky booths. On the plus side, my classes are all like an hour long that day, so I have a good free 3+hours of going wild. I hope I get to paint a pumpkin. And then, not long after that, I'll go PUMP SOME IRON beside jacked elderly men, (take a shower...actually), and then see all your faces. Mwuhaha. Y'all better be coming...

Genesis 8

This story's so crazy. Seriously, in all honesty, even having learned from this bible story as an example, if someone in today's day and age had gone and said, "God told me to build a..cruise ship because He's going to send a flood over the whole earth", I'd probably think he/she was a little bit off. So the magnitude of the faith that Noah showed is still astounding to me, and we read in today's chapter that it was this faith that carried his family to safety.
Referring to my soft example though (weaksauce), that never could happen again, because....
v.21 Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.
God makes this covenant with Noah. As I was reading this, I thought about what it would be like if God hadn't made this promise and His sending of a disastrous flood were still a possibility. Would we not live in that much more fear of God and try our best every day to live with pure hearts, leading lives that were pleasing to Him? I think the majority of people's answers would be 100% yes. But He once again, demonstrated His amazing grace by creating this covenant with man, and that much more, I think we should try to live our best on a daily basis, simply because we get to. We know what our God is capable but seeing as how He chose to be so merciful, we shouldn't take advantage of that fact but all the more try to push ourselves to lead the best lives we can, as a kind of response - of our thanksgiving, etc. (Roh's used the word "response" to really well-describe what praise/worship should essentially be, and I think it's a word that's very applicable to a lot of other areas of a relationship with God. Yup, I like it..good word..Haha.)

Have great almost-Thursdays, everybody!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Genesis 8! Empty Genesis 8

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:47 pm

First actual day of teaching popping to girls. They are so complicated. " I don't want to do it" the complaints but in the end it was realllly good. So i could've got perfect on a math quiz today but i thought i did one question wrong, so i erasded it.but i was actually doing it RIGHT. goshhhhh. troublesome.

This reminds me of Missions. Their hygene must've been pretty bad, but what the heck. Go for a shower/swim whenever they feel like it, and i have to say, taht's pretty sick! Anyway, Starting a new sprout, new life, I wonder what God was thinking at that time. The olive branch that the Dove brings back is a symbol that respresents a new start. WHere are times where God has told you "It's okay, Start Fresh." ? ALso i want to make out one point taht caught my attention. In verse 20, it says that Noah made an altar and gave thanks to the Lord. I mean when do we Christians ever do that? Whenever God does something for us, do we actually say thank you? The first thing Noah did was give thanks. Often times, when a problem of mine is resolved, i tell my friends, family, have fun, and do whatever, but i never take the time to say "thank You". I learned that God is the one who controls my life and makes things happen in my life. So as a result, i've learned to go to God FIRST, during the bad time, but more importantly the Good times.
SOrry i'm everywhere in this Devo.
Cheeers!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:58 pm

[img]Genesis 8! Motiva10[/img]
My work of art.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:03 am

So i was totally healing
and then I think I got sick again. or relapsed or ssomething
I feel like POOOOO
and ive had a very unproductive week and therefore, my thanksgiving weekend is going to SUCKKKK
ohh man
i need to chill
and vacation in the bahamas
who wants in? Smile

kk so Genesis 8: The water recedes after a pretty long time, and the earth is all dried up, and humans and birds and animals can go repopulate again. haha th is means that we're all seriously related. we go way back, homes
kk so i think that the most important part of this chapter is when God makes a covenant with man. "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood."
Well firstly, God states that humans have a naturally tendency to do evil things, even as we are children. This is becuase we are born sinners, and it is in our human nature to sin. None of us are perfect - in fact, most of us are far from it, because we continue to sin and sin and sin. This sorta reminds me of the book im doing in english right now, its called mad shadows and its about all these mesesd up characters that are really sinful and they just keep getting worse and worse. But the book is based on more of a classical idea of sin and hell, where the more sin you do, the farther in you are and is pretyt much impossible to get out once you've committed some really bad things. But because of God's grace, Christians arent' doomed to hell becuase of our ability and natural inclination to sin. Instead, Christians are able to be delivered from our sin, which can only be done through faith and repentance. So even though we screw up SO MUCH and we keep sinning, God knwos that we are sinners and that we are not perfect; he forgives us and loves us. Therefore, he promised that he wouldnt iwpe out humans again just becuase we sin a lot, but that he will save us from it.
Man our God is awesome
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:26 am

Admin wrote:
Another interesting question...if the rain was pouring down so heavily day and night for 150 days, what about the ark? Would IT have flooded?
Anyway. It says that God smelled the pleasing aroma and said that he'd never destroy the earth again. Once again, I'm going to challenge this again and it's hard for me to grasp. I can't even imaging killing so many people, including powerless children and less-sinful individuals and then being pleased about it. There HAD to be a part of God that made him frown about the whole situation. But at the same time, they could have been VERY sinful. Who knows. It does say that these people's hearts were probably evil from childhood. But so are we, right? From infanthood, we develop rage and become violent and sinful. If you observe infants, they are pretty violent. They go CRAZY. If infants had my jacked, muscular body, what would the world be like?
This has been more of a scientific analysis and questionnaire. But I hope you found it interesting and try to answer some of my questions!
dennis wrote:Have you ever tasted playdough?
Try it- it's disgusting.
v.1 "But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark..."
This verse reminded me that God cares for each and every one of us, and thinks of us all the time. I'm sure bringing the flood to His own creations, and watching His children drown were not easy for God to oversee. However, in the midst of all this chaos, God remembered those who were good to Him and saved them.

well.. they DID have elephants on the ark Roh, they're like uber pumps
ya, unless the ark had a giant umbrella on top.. i guess it's really plausible that the ark itself would have flooded
you're a smart man roh... a smart man =]
ya.. i don't like the whole killing everybody business either; u can't just kill your problems away right? haha, unless ur God XD
also.. we became like this as a result of adam and eve eating the forbidden fruit, and God specifically said, "if they eat the fruit from the other tree, they will become exactly like me" does that mean God Himself is sinful? but if God is sinful.. then.. we.. what.. my.. head.. hurts.. and.. i.. need.. sleep.. kaboom?

ya.. i had playdough before..
WHEN I WAS LIKE 5 Laughing
jks jks.. it cud've happened to even the best of us...
at first when I read that verse: v.1 "But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark..."
I cudn't believe the fact that God forgot about Noah and about the animals.. I found it interesting also that this was the very first verse in the chapter, it kinda shunned me away from reading the rest of it, but of course i did it, and of course it was worth it.
but then i read what you wrote denise and i realized it's not about the fact that God forgot about us.. it's about the fact that He remembered about us in the end; I'm ever so grateful of this fact... thanks denise for straightening this out for me!
alrito.. talk to you gangstaz afro 깡패 (Ggang pae) laterzz
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down