Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 14

5 posters

Go down

Romans 14 Empty Romans 14

Post  julian Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Yes, I'm starting this topic... I have to do this early since I don't have time tomorrow, as I mentioned.

The Weak and the Strong:

The first thing that I see is that there are 2 kinds of people that Paul describes. One of them has a strong faith, while the other has a weaker one. The stronger one should not feel proud and look down upon the weaker one; really, verse 4 states the reason. What gives us the reason to judge someone else's servant... and I mean, we all fall down compared to God!

Verse 7 and 8 really made me feel that our lives should be pointed for God - in his direction. (For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.) It simply tells me that we are God's children, and we don't live for our own purposes or gains but for God's. That is what a true servant of God should emphasize in his or her life.

Verse 13 also sparked a few great things in me (Therefore, let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.) No matter what happens to our lives that WE think might be wrong, forgive that person rather than judging - leave the judging to God and let our mutual forgiveness share.

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Romans 14 Empty Re: Romans 14

Post  Billy Kim Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey guys, I'm in york right now studying, had some free time so I thought it was the perfect time to do my devos instead of doing them at like 2 aclock.

4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

To not to judge people, it was repeated quite a few times, actually many many times. This just goes to show how important it is. But the only reason I chose this verse was cuz this verse lays out a very important reason as to why we shouldn't judge.it says that because we are all servants of God that we shouldn't judge other servants. We are God's slave which is a blessing. It sounds horrible to be called a slave but being called a slave of God is something that we're not even worthy or being called. So because we are all slaves we shouldn't judge. God's our master and he will do the judging when the time comes.

6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Wow, powerful verses. Just like jacob and isaac said, whatever we do, we are doing for God. Our bodies belong to God, he created us so we belong to him, we are his slaves. Just like Romans Chapter 12, "offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship." Although our bodies might belong to God but we have a control on them so just like romans chapter 12, we should "worship". And I also like how jesus died and came back to life so that he will be the king of both the dead and the living. Verse 8 to 9 really blew my mind and I don't know how I can word it in another way.

15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.

I just love this verse. Do not destroy someone jesus died for. If someone was about to hurt me and jesus came and stop him saying I died for this kid over here, don't hurt him. It'll make me feel special and this verse already made me feel special. Aha iunno about you guys lol.

Wow this chapter has lots of messages and I know if you guys paid lots of to this chapter you can get anything from almost every verse written in this chapter. Well I'm heading back to study. Pce y'all
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:53 am

So today i have so much homework... cause i have this project.
And im grouped with 2 woman who are useless
jeez.

Romans 14

For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

This verse spoke to me because, Jesus is our Saviour and he died for us. We received a second chance to life but we still live with sin. Some people dont even believe he is our Saviour. So it is our job to change that! I think we should stand up for what we believe in and spread Gods word that Jesus is our one and only Saviour and he is the reason that we are standing today.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:05 am

hey im going to do a really quick one! im tired! D: but semi was alot of fun hehe Very Happy
Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
I like this because it says to live in a way that you can meet Christ and have a relationship with him, yet don't do anything that would hinder another believer to do the same. I thought, well wouldnt God want me to do my best to just get close to Him? yes, but in a bigger picture, God's will is to get as many of His children to love him as much as He loves them and to have a relationship with each and every one of them, so if you hinder one's progress towards the Lord, in doing so, you are essentially going against what God has intended for you and the world. youre going against His will.
YA! theres alot more from this Chapter that is share-able but ima share one tonight if thats alright!
kay! see yall tmr!
OH YEAH!
GUESS WHAT?!\
I HAVE A P A DAY TMRR Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D teehee i unno if you guys do or not, but im super excited!! hehe night! I love you cheers
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:22 am

10 So why do you condemn another believer? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

I know that it's so easy to judge. You see someone doing bad things, drugs, smoking and what not. But we are no place to judge others especially if they are another believer. We always need to keep in mind that the judging is for the one without sin. Anyone with sin falls short of the judgement seat of God. So it's not realistic for us sinners to judge other sinners.

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down