Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 20 (October 7)

+2
Kevin
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 20 (October 7) Empty 1 Samuel 20 (October 7)

Post  Cathy Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:45 pm

LALALALA!
this chapter reminded me of hamlet.. with the whole.. judging if someone's guilty or not by their reaction to something.. haha King Claudius is totally Saul in this.. haha right, jacob, hamlet buddy? Smile
Anyhoo im not gonna lie i didnt get that much from this chapter.. but i do know that Saul is one stubborn man! Even though he knows he's up against God he just won't stop... Because God is with David, he won't allow any harm to come to him, and so Saul keeps failing at his attempts to kill him. Even his own son jonathan goes behind his back to save David..
But I did notice verse 17 where it said "And Jonathan had David reaffirm his oath out of love for him, because he loved him as he loved himself. " I thought that was really cute manlove.. Jonathan is really going to great lenghts to help David, beause he knows that he is righteous and that his father is acting out of evil and jealousy.. And because he loves David as much as himself, he risks his relationship with his father for him.. Not saying that we should go abandon our family relationships to help out our friends, but I'm just saying.. that it's really nice to see Jonathan really love David and wanting to help him.. I hope that we can do that for each other whenever we're going through times of struggle and need.
Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 20 (October 7) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 20 (October 7)

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:10 pm

man ahah wats wrong with saul? Trying to kill his own son.

So i saw how much Loyalty that johnathon shows to David. He goes against his own father and helps out johnathon because that's what he thinks is the right thing to do. I like that about him because he won't take sides as a biased opinion. He'll choose sides from what he thinks right. what I learned from this chapter is from verse 42.

42 At last Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn loyalty to each other in the Lord 's name. The Lord is the witness of a bond between us and our children forever." Then David left, and Jonathan returned to the town.

That verse showed me that God never misses anything. He's the witness for EVERYTHING I do. I'll try to keep in mind that God's always watching so ill try not to make dumb choices. ahah
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:20 pm

hello
so today was a wierd day .
it was cold . down... math is easier... up..... had bball practice... hard.... talked to my mentor.... mean. LOLLL
apperently im really easy to read....
so i tried to write a resume for my careers homework, and i failed . you know that expression "you probably never worked a day in your life" my work experience proved it.. HAHAHHAHA

so todays chapter was intense.
saul tried to kill his own son... and from the looks of it, when i read it.... i think saul forgot why he was so angry at David and why he wants to kill him

32"Why do you want to kill David?" Jonathan asked. "What has he done?"
33Saul threw his spear at Jonathan and tried to kill him. Then Jonathan was sure that his father really did want to kill David. 34Jonathan was angry that his father had insulted David [h] so terribly. He got up, left the table, and didn't eat anything all that day. 35In the morning, Jonathan went out to the field to meet David. He took a servant boy along 36and told him, "When I shoot the arrows, you run and find them for me."

id be so lucky to have a friend like Jonathon. He's so loyal to his friend, and knows whats right. Someone i could 200% rely on and trust. I felt like God really blessed David with a friend like that to get him through a problem like this...

once again God came through for david Smile

have you guys ever had a time when you feel like youre being called to do something.. but youre not sure if God's actually calling you... clearly... and youre so unsure of the timing. MAN im praying my heart out, and i ahvent been getting a clear answer..... i know i should be patient, but for this... i keep feeling like theres this deadline coming up fast... and i feel rushed.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:25 pm

ahha Grace!

I dont know if isaac told u yet, but he said u gotta spend time listening to god, not just praying. he said if your gonna spend time talking to god for 10 minutes, spend 5min praying and another 5min just to listen.

ahha hope it helps
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 pm

yeah I made my first guitar composition today...now what lol. Yah school is so chills, lol grade 12 isn't that bad. Going to see the dead sea scrolls at friday for a trip. Life is good lol

Wow Saul come on you noob! To the point of hurting your own son!

Didnt get much today but this came up

Wow I had the biggest gay discussion in social psychology class today and I learned that anything that has to do with love and 2 males is so taboo these days. I mean even showing affection towards another male is like NO! David and Jonathan is like a prefect example of a pure friendship, but these days people will probably crack a joke at it. Would you not hug God when you enter heaven...so what's wrong giving a hug to a friend. Yah I know it's weird but psychology class made me think.

anyways bi guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:16 am

hey guys.
i took a sick nap. now i have to study Sad arghhhhh starting at 11? not the best start...

" 4 “Tell me what I can do to help you,” Jonathan exclaimed."
I dont consider myself humble, but i do make a conscious effort daily to be humble. I DO however, know how exercise humility. One way is to ask for help. Asking for help is very difficult, especially for myself, but thats the best way of becoming better in anything you do.
Isaac Newton, one of two greatest "isaac" minds in history (other being myself) ahah, said "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants". That is one of my FAVORITE quotes. Sam always says to me "dont reinvent the wheel". That is also a common phrase.
Basically, dont waste time trying to learn something that has already been learnt. Dont waste time in trying to become a better person on your own, because i really believe that someone CANNOT grow on their own.
Like even hermits, they "live alone" but still become better people but by learning from nature and previous experiences that they have pondered.
Dont reinvent the wheel, and stand on shoulders of giants! We lucky to have faith in the greatest person in history... JESUSSSSSSS

have a good day guys! im going to go study now :S

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 am

lol, hey guys, came back from tae kwon do and I'm rele soar right now... HAHA got my butt kicked my many hyungs and ah jeoh shi's...
I hope all of u guys are precticing and it would be good if i get to know what we're playing in 2 weeks so i can practice like crazy!!!

lol... Man, this story is very interesting... I remember when paster susan showed us a movie of saul and david...
Altho it was very inapropriate, she showed us everything and i rele liked the story... On with this chapter,
Wow, David and johnathan. They are like brothers, maybe closer... The last chapter DID show the friendship
of david and johnathan but this chapter showed alot more than friendship, love... They were Very loyal to
each other and were willing to die for one each other... I kno i would take bullets for u guys... HAHA
I hope we can all take bullets for each other...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:47 am

packy attacky, i hate hamlet.
thats a lie i like mel gibson as hamlet... but i hate reading it in english classsss
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down