Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 23

5 posters

Go down

October 23 Empty October 23

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 am

if you cant think of something to read, read Ephesians 2
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

October 23 Empty Re: October 23

Post  Cathy Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 pm

I might have just destroyed an english test, but i equally could have bombed it... haha oh the ambiguities of English. I sort of miss math. Everything had an answer Sad Now im just conflicted and don't know anything for certain.. ANSWER ME GODDD ahhaha jokes. im not actually having a philosophical breakdown.. ive been talking weird for the past couple of days though. maybe im going mad like hamlet... or DID HE GO MAD? haha k im doing it again. no more ranting. devos

so i read Ephesians 2: and I remember having to memorize the verse about how we are saved through God's grace for missions.. haha but im going to talk about another verse:
14"For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations."
I think that this is a very powerful verse, and im surprised that i dont remember it from my previous times reading this chapter... It's very epic and it really talks about how Jesus IS the peace - that whatever divisions that there may be that it is he who destroys the barrier. In this particular case he's talking about the visions between the Jews and the Gentiles.. But we can apply this to any sort of division that we see. It's funny because we always see Jesus as a 'dividing factor' in our relationship with the rest of society - because we belive in Jesus, it divides us from the rest of society. Although this is true to some extent, this verse really reminds us that Jesus unites us all - we all share a desire for love, community, purpose - all of which is found in Jesus. So whether or not the rest of the world has found him yet, it doesn't really matter. Because it's still a commonality that we all share, and that we should all work towards - so that they CAN find Jesus and be unified with the rest of God's body.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

AHAH im at home right now cuz im sick!!~yeeee.

Ephesians 2

What i got from this chapter was that we are part of God's family because of Jesus. Because Jesus died on the cross, we are saved and we're able to have eternal life with God. I need to try to be more thankful for what Jesus did and not take it for granted. We can do that by thanking him in prayer and living a life that Jesus would want us to.

SEE U GUYS TODAY
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 pm

i did my devos on chapter 10 of proverbs
"7 We have happy memories of the godly,
but the name of a wicked person rots away."

I like this verse because it says, to me, to be good to people so they remember you with good memories. If youre bad, they wont remember you and as christians we should be memorable in a good way.

YOU GUYS WERE ALL GREAT TODAYYY

-isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 am

KEVIN . if you miss school cause youre sick, what does that make me... LOLLLL hahahahhaa
praise practice was some awesoem stuff, i had fun Smile
the weathers crap, but it was worth going ~
i have a bball at 8 30 tomorrow, so im gonna post and go to bed.
(ps. cathy is like working so hard on her debate speech... and im here... chilling... oi so full from food..) HAHA

i read habakkuk 3.
i loved the whole chapter, but you guys can read it for yourselves.. im just going to post up 1 section.

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

Even though liife gets tough, even when everything feels like its crumbling in front of you, God is our strength, we should go to Him in times of stress, frustration, sadness, anger because God is our strength. Even when all else fails, we should rejoice in the Lord, because He is all we need (all we need- Hillsong). Like we sing that song, saying that HE is all we need, yet we get so caught up with other things and forget whats most important, i mean Why should worldly things bring us down? Why should we praise and worship less because our emotions arent up and happy... we should ALWAYS go to the Lord, and nothing should affect our worship. Jesus worshiped God more and more even when He was distressed, and had bad things coming his ways.... we should do the same. no ?

good night guys Smile ill see you sundaayy ^^
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:12 am

hey guys, doing it on Psaln chapter 90!! WOW 90!!

well, this one is about moses's prayer to god...
He says that god has been here since forever!!
B4 even time began and he will never dissapear...
He knows everything, past, present, and also the futur...
he knows when we will die! Creepy, and he can do anything
jst like wat i said in many of my past devos that he can
do anything and also we can do anything through him...
Moses asks god to teach us to get a wise heart, JST LIKE TODAY!!
Being wise is different than being intelligent!!! and also to
have unfailing love to god and everybody!! He also asks
that he may work through us!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content