Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 16 (October 2 )

4 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 16 (October 2 ) Empty 1 Samuel 16 (October 2 )

Post  Grace Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:05 am

hi hi hi Smile
how was practice ?
hope its was gooooooooooooooooood !
i got home from a bball tourny a couple hours ago, and man im so tired....
im gonna go to bed right after this cause i apperently have to go to orillia tomorrow to support our boys soccer team at their tourny .
so much for sleeping in this weekend -.-

8Jesse told his son Abinadab to go over to Samuel, but Samuel said, "No, the LORD hasn't chosen him." 9Next, Jesse sent his son Shammah to him, and Samuel said, "The LORD hasn't chosen him either." 10Jesse had all seven of his sons go over to Samuel. Finally, Samuel said, "Jesse, the LORD hasn't chosen any of these young men. 11Do you have any more sons?" "Yes," Jesse answered. "My youngest son David is out taking care of the sheep." "Send for him!" Samuel said. "We won't start the ceremony until he gets here." 12Jesse sent for David. He was a healthy, good-looking boy with a sparkle in his eyes. As soon as David came, the LORD told Samuel, "He's the one! Get up and pour the olive oil on his head." [e] 13Samuel poured the oil on David's head while his brothers watched. At that moment, the Spirit of the LORD took control of David and stayed with him from then on.

this reminded me of before i went to my first missions this year.
i shared with the mission team that God never sends someone who is fully qualified... ready. Because if they were ready, why would they need God? God never chooses the person who is "most likely" to be chosen by other people. God chooses the least expected and then blows them away by doing AMAZING things through them, and showing them His mighty power through someone.. who people thought couldnt do much. and thats what i got here. Samuel went to Jesse, and Jesse assumed that his eldest (good looking & tall) was the chosen one... but in the end it was the youngest son. David. Like back then, if you werent the first born... you werent that special. You didnt have much of a rank if you know what i mean, and as we know later in the bible... David does AMAZING things because God uses him to his full potential and makes him into a great leader.

It reminded me of the song Ready Now- Desperation Band. It has a REALLY powerful message in there.. and most of the time, we're not ready.. we have doubts, and we look back... but we need to TRUST God and let Him lead us. Where we lack, He will fill. And He knows what to do. He wont lead us into trouble, everything will work out in the end.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 16 (October 2 ) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 16 (October 2 )

Post  Billy Kim Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:47 am

this chapter had a rele BIG message... We talked about this a couple of times within our team and also with the congregation... God has lost faith in saul for not listening to wat god had told him... the spirit of god left saul and he becaome depressed after god's spirit left him... Samuel was sent to find the next rigtheous king and we was the son of jesse. Jesse had many sons and samuel was trying to find who god has chose... He didn't kno which one god chose. 7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." god doesn't care how u look like, or wat u do to ur physical appearance... What he looks at is the condition of ur heart... And david had a rele good heart that's commited to god. I hope our hearts are clear in the eyes of the lord...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Sorry this is late!
But God wanted to choose a new person to be king to replace Saul. Thus, Samuel brought to him all of the sons of Jesse.. Samuel thought for sure that Eliab would be the one chosen.. But the Lord instead chooses David, the youngest of them all. The Lord also said 'The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
This really reminds us that the criteria that we have for our 'leaders' is really quite different from the criteria that God has.. Remember that he uses the 'weak to lead the strong'.. So let's just keep in mind that God can call the most unexpected people to be his leaders.. And when he does so, it's up to the faith that that person has that enables them to stand and say yes to the Lord. So if God is calling any of us to follow him to a path that we never thought we'd be going to, I hope that every single one of us has the conviction in our hearts to be able to follow the Lord, instead of considering all of the worldly factors that would tell us otherwise Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:30 pm

k sry i didnt do devos yesterday
my grandma was watching her korean dramas and she said she'd be done in 15min and i fell asleep while waiting

so wat I got from this chapter was that God can use the weakest of people to take on the biggest roles. God chose David, the smallest and youngest of the sons of Jesse to be king. God doesn't need some huge or important guy to do his work for him. He chooses the weak just to show that God doesn't need the best of people. So I'm gonna try to have more confidence in myself and God. I'll try to think that i'm never too good enough for something that God wants because everyone is good enough.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down