Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 19 (October 6)

+3
Kevin
Grace
Cathy
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 19 (October 6) Empty 1 Samuel 19 (October 6)

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm

LALALALA
haha Saul's such a tool.. Johnathan was totally on David's side and convinced Saul not to kill David.. But, what I found really weird was that "An evil spirit from the LORD came upon Saul".. I don't really understand why God would do such a thing.. It sort of seems like he didn't even give Saul a chance to repent and change his ways, because it seemed that Saul was going to try to mend his relationship with David, but then God sends him an evil spirit and brings him back to his evil ways.. If anyone has an explanation or interpretation of that please share! I'm confused!
Anyhoo when David flees and Saul finds out and sends his men to go kill him, they keep prophesizing.. and Saul doesn't seem to understand that he's up against God.. Becuase he keeps trying and sending more men.. haha and then eventually Saul ends up going himself and he starts prophesizing too! wackk chapter, yo. But i guess this really shows us how stubborn we can be.. We may have our own goals in mind and keep trying and trying and trying, without realizing that all the obstacles are God-sent; that maybe it's not the direction that God wants us to go.. So let's remember to keep our hearts open to be able to know and accept God's will for us, and be able to change our 'life plan' in order to attain the purpose that God set out for us.. Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 19 (October 6) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 19 (October 6)

Post  Grace Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:03 pm

hiya Smile
so im pretty bummed that practice is cancelled.. cause i totally forgot that we have a joint service with the adults, and i actually was gonna go to practice this week.............. dang.
but im excited to see hannah and denise Very Happy

okaay so i didnt get anything specific from a certain verse, but i liked this chapter all around .

its basically sauls out to kill david, but because of God's grace, David makes it out okay cause he gets help from Jonathon, Samuel and Michal
it really shows me that when we're in trouble , God will get us out safely, unharmed
i love the fact and knowing that we have a God where He protects us 24/7, is with us every second of the day, and wont let anything bad happen to us!

hope your weeks are going good so far.
all of your txts are making my day Smile

man math was brutal today..... we had word problems, and i SOOOOO totally failed my quiz on substitution and elimination.
I CANT GET THE ANSWER RIGHTTT Sad
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:43 pm

It was unnecessary for Saul to strip down naked.

I pretty much got the same thing I usually do within the past few chapters. Saul's even more jealous of David, tries to kill him, but he always escapes. Johnathons such a good guy though. He tries to talk Saul out of having to assassinate David and saul agrees and says as long as the lord lives, david will be safe. But im confused, he hurls a spear at David later on. Sauls such a noob... cant even throw a spear right. ALSO he goes against his own word. He's so blinded by jealousy, he won't even think about the promise he made not to kill david. That reminds me of how sometimes when we're blinded by things in the world, we don't think about God but we really need to.

see you guys sunday.
ughhh i hate korean services cause i dont understand them too well and then i get tired and nearly fall asleep..
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 pm

OMG toilet overflowed and it is not becasue of #2 and our house does not have a plunger...Fail! So guess what I did for the past hour

I honestly did not get much in today's chapter as I would of liked. I understand what Cathy meant, and I am sure their is a deeper meaning behind God's "tormenting spirit" (NLT)

For Cathy's question this is one answer I've found.

God simple removed his "protective hand" from Saul. If you continue to disobey God, you will grow further away from him, and sin/evil spirits will come naturally. God allowed it yes, but we can't judge God, because our minds are clouded. It is just like with Job

lol NLT got me kind of confused

k that is all bi
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 pm

As David played his harp, 10 Saul hurled his spear at David. But David dodged out of the way, and leaving the spear stuck in the wall, he fled and escaped into the night.

oh man.... david is bad ass. He dodged something twice last chapter now this? matrix yo

Okay.... new rule. When you feel like you are filled with the holy spirit during worship, ripe off your clothes and just lay there. This does not apply to Grace and Cathy. just the GT boys. This should get the GT level skyrocketing!!!

i didnt get much from this chapter.
Maybe its because im not reading it thoroughly enough because i havent been getting a lot from Samuel...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Saul is a selfish jerk... He's willing to ruin all of israel hoping that if he did, people will start liking him again...
People didn't hate him, people jst liked david better... He was on he's way to kill david but johnathan was
nice enough to tell david that he's on he's way to kill him... He was a very loyal friend to david... he tried
killing david several more times but he either got aways at the last moment and or people told him about
saul's evil plan... Saul is being stupid because with god in david's side, david is basically considered invincible...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 am

i don't understand this evil spirit thing God is doing with Saul. Can someone try to explain?
Yah, i didn't really get too much, but i did learn to stay true to your word. Saul was very vulnerable to chaneg his mind very quickly.
As a result, he could not be trusted. Within our own team, please back up with the words you say and choose what you say very carefully.
I'm not goign to tell Isaac something, or promise him somethign and then never back it up. That's pointless. Let our words not be meaningless words, but wise ones.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down