Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013

4 posters

Go down

How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013 Empty How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013

Post  James Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:33 am

Proverbs 27:9
Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.

One of the deepest needs God created in us is the need to connect with other people. We all desperately need to feel that somebody can feel what we're feeling and understand what we're thinking.

One study by the California Department of Health Mental found that if you're disconnected from other people -

You're two-to-three times more likely to die an early death; You're four times more likely to suffer from emotional burnout; You're five times more likely to suffer clinical depression, and; You're ten times more likely to be hospitalized for an emotional or mental disorder.

We need human connections for physical, emotional, spiritual health. Learning how to connect with people on a heart-to-heart, soul-to-soul level is one of life's most important skills.

The first principle for connecting with people is this: Be courageous and take the initiative!

Don't wait on somebody else to connect with you. You must take the initiative to connect with them. This often takes courage. Why? Because when we're full of fear and anxiety, we don't get close to each other. In fact, we back off from each other. We're afraid of being rejected, manipulated, hurt, or used.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013 Empty Re: How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013

Post  Kevin Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:27 am

Sorry I haven't been on top of things guys
It's been made clear that communicaiton with others are an essential part of our life.
Many things would go wrong regarding health issues.
But as a Christian, I think we'd see this "communicaiton topic" differently then, let's say athiests.
As christians, it is our JOB to reach out to individuals and simply communicate with them, and then hopefully talk about Christ.
I liked how this devo was really "real life application baseD"
We are afraid to do such things because we don't want to get rejected.
But how small are those things compared to knowing we changed lives for the better, and led them towards Christ.
And we should not misss out on our chance/
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013 Empty Re: How to Connect with People - June 26, 2013

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Sorry I've been missing for a while!

Like Kevin said, this devo is "real life application based".
This topic has been discussed within our team before but we have to be able to step out of our comfort zone.
Think about all the people in our ministry that you see on Sunday, yet you don't even know their name or have ever had any type of conversation with!
Whatever they're forced to be at church or they actually want to learn about God or whatever their reason is, we should always make them feel welcome so that they will like Church and keep coming out! After all, as Christians one of our jobs is to bring more people to Christ and show them God's love.
Also, because we are all part of a Praise team, we are seen and known by the whole congregation. If we are able to socialize with people outside of our usual "group" then maybe others will start to follow and do the same thing
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 am

The philosopher Aristotle based his whole belief system on the idea that we can only find 'the good' (or in our case, God and salvation) though community. The good can also be considered happiness. What he said obviously rings true to anyone (whether it's Christians or not) but for us, it's also something we need in order to thrive in our faith. If we're all part of one body, it only makes sense to communicate and love the rest of the body and not just yourself. The hands can't do what the hands need to do without the help of the eyes and so forth. We need each other and believe me when I say that disconnecting (however helpful you may think it is) is not that great for you. That is not to say that you should abandon everything else and put our social lives first. But other people nurture you and help you through problems that you may not be able to deal with on your own and that's an important thing to remember as you go about your life.

A sense of community nourishes you not only physically and mentally but also spiritually but it's all about balance, and finding your middle way as well!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down