Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus Encouraged People - August 8, 2013

2 posters

Go down

Jesus Encouraged People - August 8, 2013 Empty Jesus Encouraged People - August 8, 2013

Post  James Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:37 am

Romans 15:1
1 We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves.

Jesus encouraged people, and he told those who are strong in faith to make a point of encouraging others in their faith.

You should encourage the people around you, too.

For one thing, we all need confidence. When you know that someone believes in you, it brings out your best. Jesus did this with the Apostle Peter. "Petros," Peter's name, meant pebble. But Jesus said, "Pebble, you're going to be a rock. I'm giving you a new name."

When Jesus said that to Peter, the apostle was anything but a rock. He was Mr. Impulsive, Mr. Foot-in-Mouth. But Jesus didn't tell him what he WAS - He told him what he could BE. He gave him confidence to live up to his potential.

But when you give encouragement, it needs to be genuine. So, give from the heart and with sincerity. Encouragement also needs to be regular - don't be stingy with your encouragement.

And encouragement needs to be specific. Instead of saying, "I enjoyed the meal," say, "I can tell you put a lot of effort into this meal and the seasoning you chose was perfect."
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Jesus Encouraged People - August 8, 2013 Empty Re: Jesus Encouraged People - August 8, 2013

Post  michellee. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

We have to attempt on building each other up, just like Jesus did so that we can help in bringing out someone's true potential. If we continuously try to bring out the best in one another, their potential and involvement in God's will be more clear. Genuine and positive encouragement can bring out confidence in another to want to advance their potential and grow as a person in Christ.
Sincere encouragement from the heart sounds more true, and real which can help another know that they have and can do. True encouragement also allows more confidence to be built, because one can see that someone believes in them, when they do not believe in themselves.
Encouragement shouldn't be unrealistic, because then a person might set expectations instead of goals which can falter their journey of faith and potential in Christ. Being honest in our encouragements gives a good sense of support from others, that helps one feel more confident in heightening their faith to the next level.

8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
-1 Peter 4:8
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down