Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What God Says About You - June 19, 2013

4 posters

Go down

What God Says About You - June 19, 2013 Empty What God Says About You - June 19, 2013

Post  James Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 am

Matthew 25:21
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

I read a book one time about how to figure out what your life's legacy should be. The book encouraged you to think of what you'd like people to say about you after you die; that becomes your legacy and you should spend the rest of your life living so that becomes true.

Taking that approach is better than nothing, but honestly, it doesn't matter what other people think of you. In the final analysis, when you die, the only thing that's going to matter is what God says about you.

I believe that God put you here on earth for a purpose. God has given you a special SHAPE - spiritual gifts, heart, abilities, personality, and experiences - that he wants you to use for his glory. And when we stand before him at the end of time, all that matters is what he's going to say about how you used your SHAPE.

Just like the servant in Matthew 25:23, I hope God says to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"

That's what you want said about you, and you want it said by God, not by other people.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

What God Says About You - June 19, 2013 Empty Re: What God Says About You - June 19, 2013

Post  michellee. Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm

The part where it talks about one's life legacy reminded me of this quote: 
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." - Cato the Elder 

I feel that even thought it's a good thing that one will have a legacy after they pass away, at the end, it doesn't matter. People's approval and opinions don't matter, it's God's judgement that will truly determine who we are. God has created us for a purpose (demonstrated by our spiritual gifts, personality etc.) to use them to do the right things. 

If we strive to honour and glorify God, and do the right things even in situations where it's not popular, our legacy that's determined by people should not matter at all. God will judge you and reward you for being morally just, and Christ-like, cause that's the approval people should strive for. 

michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

What God Says About You - June 19, 2013 Empty Re: What God Says About You - June 19, 2013

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:09 pm

I think that what most people do is worry about what others thing about them. Some are embarresed to sing out loud in front of others because they worry about what others will think about them. But what this devotional is telling us is that we should swallow our fears and worries and just use whatever our shape is to the fullest.

Everyone has a flaw and everyone will find it in some way uncomfortable to use their shape for God. Whatever our shape is, we should and must use it to the fullest. We shouldnt worry about what others think as they are not us. of course it is not easy and for sure is super uncomfortable, but we need to look at the bigger picture here which is when the day comes, we will be asked how we used our shape and what will you say?
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

This devo's message was short and simple!
God didn't just throw some random things together. He personally selected and planned out every single detail about you. From your nose, to your hair colour, to your personality and talents, God loves them all. Even the odd or quirky things that you dislike! If he worked that hard to make you, then clearly you are important and special!  Use everything that God gave you and don't be ashamed or embarrassed! In the end, only God's opinion will matter!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:31 am

This definitely gives the visualization of God waiting in open arms, telling me that I've finished the long and hard race. As Christians, we all await for that day. In the end, that's what it all comes down to. No other factor comes against it, no reason to feel discouraged. We already know deep down that he'll never leave us or forsake us. He's not going anywhere, rather us running, while we let other things come before Him. In this case, on how other's see us.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down