Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013

3 posters

Go down

God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013 Empty God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013

Post  James Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 am

Luke 12:24
Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

How much are you worth? I'm not talking about money. We confuse self-worth with net worth, but they are very different. Your value has nothing to do with your valuables.

How much are you worth?

I once read an article in the Journal of Hospital Practice that calculated how much each of the enzymes and hormones and all the different things in your body are worth. The author added them up and if you are an average size person you are worth six-million, fifteen dollars and forty-four cents ($6,ooo,o15.44) based on your weight. (Some of us are worth more!)

You're a six-million dollar man or a six-million dollar woman! The article's author also estimated that, if you calculate the cost of creating each cell in your body, it would be about six thousand trillion dollars.

You are priceless.

Jesus thought this was so important that he took a whole chapter of the Bible to talk about it. In Luke 15 he tells three stories -- the lost son, the lost coin, and the lost sheep. It's the same punch line in each story. Jesus says, "You matter!"

You matter to God. You are valuable. God says you are valuable because he loves you and he has accepted you in Christ.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013 Empty Re: God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013

Post  Esther Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:00 pm

"Your value has nothing to do with your valuables."

In my opinion, it's much too easy to feel that you are what you have; especially in such a material-focused world. You can hardly help yourself when you want the latest and greatest of everything. It's funny, though, because we keep looking for the best but the best isn't the latest, at all.
God really is the best and with everything else on our minds, it's difficult to truly understand how awe-some it is that God loves us. But God understands that and in his eyes, your value as nothing to do with your valuables. What a relief!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013 Empty Re: God Says I'm Valuable - June 24, 2013

Post  jaake kwon Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:35 am

I guess something that stuck out to me was how distorted our world is.

I think there is a problem when we have a habit to correlate things in our world with God, with the messed up state that the world is in; and I guess I can understand why we'd do so, considering our real bad habit of comparing things and putting two different subjects or what have you; side by side. So when God says; "You're worth something" we start chaining these thoughts together, such as for me; worth -> value -> trading -> currency -> money.

So yeah; we should stop that.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down