Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013

3 posters

Go down

Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013 Empty Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013

Post  James Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:36 am

Romans 15:2
2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.

I want to encourage you to become a people-builder. It is a gift you can give someone that will last forever.

The key to building up people is kindness -- giving them what they need and not what they deserve. Jesus did three things to build up people; he challenged, encouraged, and spoke honestly. He challenged people to be all God made them to be. God doesn't want you to waste your life!

Challenge your family and friends to live beyond themselves and to discover their strengths and abilities. God has given each of us some special abilities, and he wants us to use them to help each other. We're to pass on to others God's many kinds of blessings.

We all need somebody who will help us discover our gifts and who will challenge us to develop, strengthen, and use them. You can play a critical role in this way by helping the ones you love to discover their strengths and abilities, and then challenging them to use them.

And, help them understand how special their gifts are - that we will all miss out on a blessing if they don't use the gifts God has given them. It's like a singer who never sings; we miss out on the blessing that would come from hearing the voice. We are meant to be a blessing to others.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013 Empty Re: Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 am

One thing that God wants us to do is to love and help others.
Like this Sundays sermon: do the unexpected.
Always find someway to good something good and break out of your comfort zone.
There is always something that everyone can help eachother wih and that is what this devo focuses on. We can help eachother to use our special gifts. When we all work together using all these different skills that each of us have, we can do so many things!
It's always good to support one another. We can learn so much from eachother and grow in a healthy community.

I can't wait for the retreat! Very Happy
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013 Empty Re: Jesus Challenged People - August 7, 2013

Post  michellee. Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:05 pm

God called us to help others and build each other up. God wants us to try our best to try to bring out the best in people so we can see the what everyone is capable of. Our blessings, our talents can be used as a blessing to others. We never know what we can do to help others unless we try, and unless it is done we will never know how our positive actions can cause a great impact on others in a good way. God gave us all our talents, and blessings for a reason, and I think we can use them to benefit others, to build one another up,and to bring others closer to God.
We might never know how God is using us to bring happiness or help to another's person's life, and we just have to trust that God can do something amazing by using us to help others if we surrender to Him.
God knows how much we can help benefit another's life through our talents and blessings, supporting one another can help us grow together in Christ.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down