Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 11

+5
DunNo
Pa Ta Rick
jaake kwon
Christine Kim
James
9 posters

Go down

Sept 11 Empty Sept 11

Post  James Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:36 am

Genesis 2:1-17
1 So the creation of the heavens and the earth and everything in them was completed.
2 On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work.
3 And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.
4 This is the account of the creation of the heavens and the earth.

When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth. For the LORD God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil.
6 Instead, springs came up from the ground and watered all the land.
7 Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.
8 Then the LORD God planted a garden in Eden in the east, and there he placed the man he had made.
9 The LORD God made all sorts of trees grow up from the ground—trees that were beautiful and that produced delicious fruit. In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10 A river flowed from the land of Eden, watering the garden and then dividing into four branches.
11 The first branch, called the Pishon, flowed around the entire land of Havilah, where gold is found.
12 The gold of that land is exceptionally pure; aromatic resin and onyx stone are also found there.
13 The second branch, called the Gihon, flowed around the entire land of Cush.14 The third branch, called the Tigris, flowed east of the land of Asshur. The fourth branch is called the Euphrates.
15 The LORD God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it.
16 But the LORD God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—
17 except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”

1. Which flavor ice cream is best? chocolate rocky road butter pecan strawberry vanilla min chocolate chip 2. Who was the greatest baseball player? Babe Ruth Willie Mays Whitney Ford Henry Aaron Ted Williams Leroy "Satchel" Paige 3. Which of these actions is wrong? eating meat water-skiing kissing lying singing sleeping Now, those questions may seem pretty dumb to you. But I ask them for a reason. Some people think there is no difference between questions #1 and #2 and question #3. But there is a huge difference. The first question asks you to make a choice based on your taste. You may like chocolate ice cream, but your sister or friend may like vanilla ice cream best. So who's right? Both of you, because it's a matter of taste. Whether you're talking about ice cream, favorite colors, or favorite songs, different people have different tastes. The second question asks you to make a choice based on opinion. You may have an opinion about who was the greatest ballplayer ever, but someone else who is equally informed may have a different opinion. But the third question is a different kind of question entirely, because it asks you to make a choice involving, not taste or opinion, but right and wrong. You see, some things are a matter of taste, some things are a matter of opinion, and others are true beyond a shadow of a doubt. Some things are absolute truths-that means they are true for all people, for all places, and for all time. Those things are true no matter what you like or don't like; they're true no matter what your opinion is; they're true absolutely. Now, there are some people today who claim that right and wrong are just a matter of taste or a matter of opinion. But God has already revealed to us in his Word what is absolutely right and what is absolutely wrong.

REFLECT: Some things are a matter of taste, some things are a matter of opinion, and others are true beyond a shadow of a doubt. Can you think of two actions or attitudes that belong to each category?

PRAY: "Thanks, God, for the way your Word makes the absolute truth absolutely clear."
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Sept 11 Empty Re: Sept 11

Post  Christine Kim Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 pm

i didn't really get anything out of today's devotion...the story confused me a bit and i kept erasing what i was going to type in. i will read it again to see what i have missed! sorry!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Somethingg that I got from this chapter....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Right.

Treat the Bible, like an actual Bible.
Exactly what I said; don't throw it around after church, don't just keep it lying around to sit and gather dust, don't just keep it because you're christian. Take the word, observe it, study it, and live it.

Pree short.
I'm a bit tired at the moment, but
KEVIN, is there anybody to cover for me this week?
My dad wants to go on a trip with a couple of family friends.
Pretty worried though. I missed out on alot.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Grade 11 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay exhausting than grade 10...
What i got from this chapter was that God made everyone different. Each person can have a different opinion, thought, and etc.. Imagine if everyone was the same that would get pretty boring soon.

16 But the LORD God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden—
From this verse i got that God gave us a choice from the very beginning and thus coming to the fact that Everyone one of us has the choice to do what is right and what is wrong. We can all tell what is right and what is wrong. And it is our choice to commit whatever action we want, BUT because of our knowledge and opinion we do not commit wrong deeds.

all i got gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:51 pm

When I'm not sure to something, the bible always tells me what the correct answer is.
The Word is never on-the-fence, always guiding us towards the direction that is the right way; God's way.
Our morals and our actions can't just be based upon our opinions, it has to be based upon Jesus.
He IS the true role model in our lives, as we strive to be more and more like him every day.
The bible is here for us to educate us upon God's understanding and HOW to follow Jesus.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:51 pm

This was like the other devo about right and wrong... i think there was one that was roughly along the same lines as that.

anywho, this devo was nice because it emphasizes a point that I tend to forget a lot. God's instructions are final. There are no by-laws and loopholes and ways to make any sin, less of one. In his eyes, there is no grey area. His ways are black or white. Right and wrong are definite and unchangeable. But like I said earlier, its easy to make things seem smaller by making excuses for it or trying to explain why you did it, but none of that can change anything. So though even our justice system can be swayed by opinion and taste, God is completely just in that there are no such things.

so night
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 am

I almost fell asleep in class today due to my lack of sleep the previous night... I felt so stupid -_-
Annnyywwaaay...
God is a forgiving a God. We all know that. Each time we commit a sin, we just have to pray and apologize and all is forgiven. However, our life is short and we only have so much time to prove we are worthy enough to enter the Lord's kingdom. Unfortunately, it's impossible for us not to sin. It's just something that is in our nature. But we do have the choice of thinking twice and deciding between right or wrong. My main point is, next time you're stuck in a situation where you must choose between right or wrong, think it over. Is it really worth it to choose the wrong decision and have the horrible feeling of guilt? Or would you rather choose the right decision, and feel like a good person?
Sorry if this doesn't make sense... my eyelids are like slowly closing while typing thuis.
Sleep tight everyone!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 am

I really don't know what to say for this one guys.....I'll write down what i've got so far.....

As I was reading today's, I thought about how God had set rules and made it clear that these were the rules that Adam had to follow. I don't even think it was even a rule. In the passage it says:
"don't eat from that tree or you will surely die."
Sometimes things like that tempt us.
Have you ever heard someone say, "Don't look behind you...."? That was also in the Bible when God had told (I forgot her name) to not look back at the city when it was being destroyed.
It feels as if we are being restricted from some advantages and there are deeper secrets behind the story. But God knows what's best for us and only wants what's best for us.

I better get some sleep......
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 am

Once again, I haven't got a thing from the actual devotional... but from the bible verses...

God gave us the ability to make our own choices.. He doesn't force us to do anything we don't want to do. He wants us to love him on our own, let him work through us on own on, do great things for him because we want to...
Of course he'll be there to help, but he won't be giving you a map or instruction manual as to how to live your life.

Being part of the praise team was a choice you all made. You stepped up to help lead the congregation into worship for God. But at least he gave you the option.

Be thankful he gave us the power to choose for ourselves!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:37 am

i dunno.. this one was kinda confusing for me
but uhhh.... i didnt get anything from the story... sometimes they are weird..LOL
But from the verses and the refleciton question.. i got that all creations are made by God but are changed by others.
In the beginning, everything was made holy and perfect, but through people surroundings and their opinions.... everything was changed...
so what i got was to never blame God for anything that happens to you, because God is only there to help you and if you are making mistakes, its your own fault.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down