Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 17

+6
DunNo
Audrey Jong
James
Pa Ta Rick
jaake kwon
Kevin
10 posters

Go down

Sept 17 Empty Sept 17

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:04 am

1 John 3:18-20

18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
19 Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God.
20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.

Would you believe a person who claims to be a famous racecar driver but can't back his car out of his garage? Would you believe a person who tells you she is a trapeze artist in a world-famous circus but is afraid to climb a ladder to change a light bulb? Would you believe a person who claims to be the world's greatest psychic and then asks you what time it is? Probably not, right? Why not? Because their actions don't support their claims. It's no different when people say they love someone but don't show it by their actions. Such claims are hard to believe because there's no evidence to support their claims. You see, it's one thing to talk about love, to say we love each other. It's something else entirely to really show we love each other by our actions. For example, you might say you love others, but when's the last time you did something to help Mrs. McCready, the old lady who looks like she's about three hundred years old and lives alone down the street and has to shovel the snow off her sidewalk and mow the lawn herself? You might say you love pretty much everybody, but how long has it been since you showed your love for someone with your actions and not only with words? "It is by our actions," the apostle John said, "that we know we are living in the truth." Do your actions show your love for others?

REFLECT: Today's Scripture reading doesn't say that we should stop saying "I love you" to our parents, siblings, friends, and others we love; it says we should "stop just saying we love each other." In other words, we should say it and show it. Is there someone who needs to be reminded of your love? How can you do a better job of showing your love to others?

ACT: Suggest a family "project" to your parents to show God's love to someone outside your family (bake cookies for a shut-in, take the family pet to visit nursing home patients, send a card to a prisoner, baby-sit for a single parent, shovel snow for an elderly couple, or whatever).

PRAY: "God, I know that love comes from you. So please help me find a way to show love to... this week."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Sept 17 Empty Re: Sept 17

Post  jaake kwon Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Walk the walk, you know.

Want to share a little experiiieeeeeence from today. Where I kinda had that #win moment. You know, when you humble yourself and you do things like a ninja. Yeahhhhhh. That. Being humble, and getting exalted, but saying humble. First, we just talk. Then, when we walk the talk, we talk even more. Something we forget to do is to stay humble and to always look up and recognize, after walking for a mile, there's 11 more, after walking a dozen, there's 100.

There's too few days in our lives to take a stop to look down and say "We've come so far."
Keep walking. Less talking. Do something, or build something up for your children to come.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 pm

yeeee some jewish holiday at our school so like 50% of kids arent here same with teachers =) soooo chillllllls
ANYWAYS

The first thing i got after i read this was how we as Christians should act like Christians. I remember hearing this from somewhere but some people think that because we are "Christians" that is enough and it will be enough to get into heaven. But we should act upon becoming and being a follower of Christ. I remember Dan saying this that once we get baptized, our lives wont suddenly change all of a sudden and good thigns will happen to us. No, we will just act more accordingly towards God and our actions will be supervisedby God.

And i remember last week or last last week devotions about how we should repent the MOMENT we realize that we have sinned because there is no point hiding it because God knows everything and everyone.

=)
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Skipped all my classes cept bio, oh man, why'd she have to be Scottish. Skipped to study. Dayuuuum.

Heard from Pastor Dan Kim himself, faith and deeds always go hand in hand.
Kinda reminds me of what Kevin said on Saturday, when one is really and truly humble, that is when they will be exalted.
And when exalted, always humble.
With good faith, good deeds should be reflected from one's character and actions.
Vice-versa as well.
It's kinda weird when you don't exactly see it when you have one aspect and not the other.
Much like the examples given.

I just want to remind you guys how sacred family time is, we don't always recognize it, but it's so great having chill time with your family.

Last edited by James on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 pm

The verses that were given made me think about how christians should live a life of christ.
When some people think about this they think that they have been going to church regularly and doing well in school, stuff like that. But some don't think deeper into that statement. Is it only Sundays that we all go to church and sing and read the bible for a few hours and then move on with our daily lives like the others around us who don't follow God as well.
That is what God is trying to tell us. Living a life of god is something that is just on sundays, you must follow god and live a clean life every single day of the year.

I hope that makes sense.....I'm really confusing sometimes.
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:39 am

I personally think love is one of the easier things to do among what God has given us commands to do. After all he made us in his image, and the one thing God should be most known for is love. Even if we are hard wired sinners, a big part must also be love, considering that we were made to reflect a loving God. So when we are called to love, don't just say the words, but show them too. Love freely as well. It should never be something reserved for people that are easy to love, but Jesus has challenged us to love even though it may be difficult.

I struggle with loving. Even people close to me like my brothers don't quite receive as much as they should from me. And if I can't love my own blood, how can I love others. And like pastor k said, we have to love horizontally before we love vertically. So yea, always a struggle for me, but I've gotten better if I can say so myself.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:17 am

Hi everyone!
I'll be doing this devo tomorrow! Way to much homework. Mad
Sleep tight!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 am

18 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

James said it all haha
Because we're leaders. We lead through our actions. Of course saying certain things are one thing
But doing those those things is a completely different thang
If we claim to be follower's of christ, but we act like complete bad people, something must change!
People should see Christ in us
I'm gonna try to reflect that by fixing my bad habits!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

sorry for not posting yesterday...im sick Sad someone in my french class who had a sore throat coughed in my face so yeah...haha
we claim to be Christians but there are times when we don't live a life of Christ. we contradict ourselves by our words and actions. we say we will love everyone, but we have enemies. we say we will help everyone, but we ignore the ones truly in need. i remember hearing this from someone at school like a year ago and he said that Christians are the most hypocritical people in the world. :/ thinking upon that and todays message really shows us that our words and actions should go hand in hand so that we wont be viewed as "hypocrites". if we chose to live a life of Christ, we should act more like Christ.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

The story and verses kind of reminded me of the quote, "Actions speak louder than words."
It also reminded me of being a hypocrite. You shouldn't tell someone to do something and then you yourself doesn't do it either.
It is the same thing as saying I love you. I know when I was younger I use to say to my mom "I love you 엄마!" and then 10 minutes later I would be making a mess in my room and when she tells me to clean it up, I get mad at her and continue creating havoc. I said that I loved my mom, but I didn't show that I truly meant it.
To be honest, I still do that Razz Razz
That's all!
Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 am

I know we're supposed to reflect on the devo itself, but I found that it was pretty easy to understand and you all basically said anything and everything I would have, so I'm just going to expand a bit on what Kevin said.

There are too many times, considering my going to catholic school, participating in a youth group and going to our church, when I get close to someone who has been nothing but a model Christian whenever I see them, or talk to them, and the closer I get to them, the more things I'm told about how they do "this and this" after school, or before they came to church that morning, etc.
Of course, I'm happy you understand how important it is to maintain a good image around the people we meet at church and whatnot, but you can't pretend to be something you aren't.
If you have a responsibility to be a good role model, especially as praise team, be that ALL the time. Not just when you're around church people.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 am

I really like this devotion because i have problems showing exactly what i say.
I got that saying something, is so much more different than understanding it and showing others what you mean when you said it.
No matter where you are, we should act upon what we believe in and say espcially in the church because we are leaders to our congregation and they look up to us.
It should be in our conscious mind to always act the way we think.
Example being showig that you are enjoying and loving praise when you are up there and not feeling down when you see the rest of the congregation not praising. No matter how difficult the situation is, its would be best to continue to strive and try.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down