Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 14, Feb. 28

5 posters

Go down

Psalm 14, Feb. 28 Empty Psalm 14, Feb. 28

Post  jennifer Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Very Happy
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Psalm 14, Feb. 28 Empty Re: Psalm 14, Feb. 28

Post  jennifer Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm

4 Will those who do evil never learn?
They eat up my people like bread
and wouldn’t think of praying to the LORD.
5 Terror will grip them,
for God is with those who obey him.
the part that stuck out to me from these verses is the part that says God is with those who obey him.
It made me think about what it actually meant because i was thinking, doesnt God try to show everyone his love? and doesnt God keep people safe though theyve lost their faith?
but i think what the passage means is that yes, God can try and reach out to us if we fall from him, but he made us so that we have a choice! We make choices to put our faith in him or not, and strengthen our relationship with him. So the people who have chosen to be ignorant to God's will, and choose to not obey him, chooses not to acknowledge his presence as well.
So! its not like God just abandons everyone who doesnt obey him, its that the people who dont, choose to ignore God, and therefore don't feel the love and safety He gives us. Also! They don't believe that God has a plan for them (since they don't obey him), so that's why they get scared when bad things happen to them. They cannot accept that this is a part of God's plan, and whatever happens to them is meant to happen for a reason! They are terrified of things bigger than them because they dont have a figure behind them that is bigger than everything in the world!
Yeaaaah! so i think its our job to reintroduce God into peoples lives so they dont have to feel terrified anymore Smile
that is all! bye guys Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 am

EEEEEPS. Sorry for not posting in God knows how long! Seriously, I've been nowhere but school all days and nights. :I
ANYWHO
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.
You know, I'm not usually the one to be unsure of my faith.. but lately, it's been harder.
I mean, I guess it has something to do with the fact that I'm taking World Religions and I'm learning about how all religions are similar and different, and everything is looked at in a very non-biased and almost too nit-picky kind of way. It makes it harder to believe in what I should be and easier to fall into the idea that other religions have more "this" or "that". Sorry if that didn't make much sense. Anyway, yeah, when I read that FIRST verse, I have to admit I was a bit taken aback. I think it's safe to say it's a message from God reaching out to me but who knows!
So, I'll be praying for stronger faith and I'll be seeing you all on friday! -wink-
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Psalm 14, Feb. 28 Empty Psalm 14

Post  jaake kwon Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm

oh gawsh.. i should do this one b4 todayy's :/

2 The LORD looks down from heaven
on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.

i guess this verse is the only one that kinda gave me that "universal msg" o-o

sooooo yeahhh... just goes to show that Jesus and God's always looking down upon us.
annd yeah. just like a Father, he's always gonna keep watch.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm

2 the Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.
there are times when we dont even acknowledge Gods presence and his existence. God knows that and looks upon heaven, looking for those that believe in him and seek him. we should put our full hearts into everything that we do for God and remember our daily blessings from him. we tend to push God away and get too wrapped up in our problems that sometimes we dont even realize that God can help us. in order to be good christians, we should seek input from him and continue to communicate with him even not in prayer. i guess this is kind of like a reminder for us that God looks down from heaven and justifies whether or not we can live for enternal life in his kingdom.
thats it for today! well yesterdays devo...oh well! bye!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 pm

5 "There they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous"
I think verse 5 pretty much sums up the whole chapter.
Sometimes when i look at the people who aren't believers in Christ, I complain to God asking him why they have all the good qualities that i dont.
What i dont realize is that, i have something 10 times better then what they will ever have! I have Christ!
When the verse says, "There they are, overwhelmed with dread", i think it means that in the end the wicked wont seem to have such a great life because they dont have God on their side.
Instead, those who love and believe in the Lord will come out victorious and we will be the ones with the true reward.
& thats all that i got. Pretty short chapter.
Bye!!
-Sarah Smile
-P.S. i cant come on friday!!! Sorry!!!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content