Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 27 - Dec 7th

+2
Christine Kim
Audrey Jong
6 posters

Go down

Acts 27 - Dec 7th Empty Acts 27 - Dec 7th

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Sorry that I haven't been posting for a while.....my computer broke down..........

I didn't get much but this chapter mostly talked about how Paul was on a boat and how there was a huge storm and they had not hope getting anywhere on the ship. Then Paul had a dream about how an angel will protect them from danger. Verse 22, "Take courage! None of you will loose your lives, even though the ship will go down." The ship did go down as he said but everyone got to land (the island that Paul was talking about) safely.
So Paul believed in God's promise and later on they proved it to the men by him keeping his word. Although the men tried to get off the boat by throwing things off the boat to make it lighter, but as they were about to go on lifeboats, Paul said, "You will all die unless the sailors stay abord."

So that's all!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acts 27 - Dec 7th Empty Re: Acts 27 - Dec 7th

Post  Christine Kim Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 pm

hey guys! ummm....truthfully i really didnt get much out of this chapter. i will reread it again to see if i missed anything. sorry! well see you guys saturday! wish you all well ^^
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:05 am

srry guys i havent been active lately couldnt find my bible...
Anyways so what i got from todays chapter was that we should be like Paul and even if we were to be in trouble we should always forgive them and help them. As Paul did in this chapter he did the same thing as Jesus did with the bread. This shows how much faith he has in God and how he isnt afraid of anything else.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Acts 27 - Dec 7th Empty Acts 27

Post  jaake kwon Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 am

this chapter was a more exciting one than others if you ask me.
anywayy.
The Storm was basically Paul's message from God that there would be a storm, but the prisoners and Julius went on their way.
Later when the storm hit them, they probably felt deep regret and just wished it was all a dream.
I'm pretty sure we all had at least one of those moments.
When we just wish we could turn back time so that we could have back what we lost.
Or if we managed to mess up on something and we ruined a good future.
All because we didnt listen to that small voice deep inside our hearts (Jesus).

As Paul spread the GOOD NEWS of safety, everybody was relieved of their mental weights. This chapter, I think was meant for us to relate to Paul,
and spread Good News ( Gospel ) if we ever see somebody suffering. I think this chapter wasn't to relieve us who are already in the family, but other people who've been outcasted or excluded by themselves from His Kingdom.

I know a friend of mine who's an atheist and not really the happiest person I know. She gets angry at most of the stuff that happens and brushes it off saying stuff like "I did it on purpose" or "I knew it was coming." I'm gonna TRY to get her to believe at least a little. sooo yeah. wish me luck! >.<
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

Like Jake said, yeah it was more exciting ahah!

During the chapter, a ship with a crew of 200+ people, were out at sea, when a huge storm hit them and stranded them in the sea for days. With no hope and courage that they were gonna live after 3 days of heaving possesions off the boat, they gave up and sat off. Then Paul came before them and told them that an angel had talked to paul the night before. It said to be faithful and have courage that you will be saved. Through 14 days, they suffered with no food and through the waves of the storm. They finally were able to stabilize in one place with the help of 4 anchors near an island. I dont understand where the food came from but it was jsut there and they were replenished with joy and their faith had saved them.
Always be faithful, is the moral of this chapter. Even through the toughest times. Even if you're on the verge of death, be faithful and God will help.

Razz
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

The Ship Wreck
44 The others held on to planks or debris from the broken ship.t So everyone escaped safely to shore.

The parable named Ship wreck and this verse instantly made me think of a song called Ship Wreck by Starfield
It's an amazing song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wrqCuDJO8

We're all shipwrecks, WE;re all just a huge disaster living in this world.
In the end, God is the one who allows us to escape safely to shore.

The Chorus goes like this.

Cause I am just a beggar here at Your door
I am just a shipwreck here on Your shore
I come empty handed
Ready to see
Your life in me changing who I've been
To who I need to be

Just a good thang to reflect to!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903