Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Peter 3

+7
jaake kwon
DunNo
James
Christine Kim
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
Kevin
11 posters

Go down

2 Peter 3 Empty 2 Peter 3

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 pm

a
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Peter 3 Empty 2 James 3

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:45 pm

The beging of this chapter is also talking about the day of judgement. Because it explains that on the day of judgement, God will destroy only the people who have not followed God but instead followed their own rules.

I also like this verse beacuse it makes a strong point. Verse 5-8: "They diliberately forget that God made the heavens by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. Then he usedthe water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. and by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgement, when ungodly people will be destroyed." This means to me that God has made the earth and will destroy it. It does seem a bit scary to me but I think it's trying to explain that he is preparing for the day of judgement.

As I was reading this, I was a bit worried about when the day of judgement is comming. No one knows but God. But he can decide whenever he wants to so how long will it be? But this verse made me understand better: "But you must remember: a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn't really slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient. He does not want anyone to be destroyed but wants everyone to repent."

Alright! We're done 2 Peter! On to 1 John tomorow!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

2 Peter 3 Empty Re: 2 Peter 3

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:42 pm

It's been a while since i've done my last devo... Sorry Sad I feel really bad. I promise I'll stop slacking off and try my bets to do this every day. So anyway...

I think Pastor Moses preached about this once and I remember him talking about if a robber was to come into your house and rob you he would do it when you would least expect it. That robber is like Jesus coming down to earth. "But the day of the Lord will come like a theif", this line in the verse reminds me that I should try to extend my Faith in God, so that on the day Jesus comes i will be "[F]ound spotless, blameless and at peace with him".
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 pm

this chapter seems to be talking about the day of judgement as audrey mentioned. i pretty much got the same thing as audrey and sarah about how God will only steal those who believe in Him. one verse tht really stood out to me was verse 10: But the day of the Lord will comeblike a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. this verse is telling you how serious the day of the Lord as the chapter says, and how God is going to really show us to believe in Him and to not turn back on Him. but to make God "steal" you as verse 18 says: but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. This is just like our ending song and to grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ and you will be stolen to heaven with God. last chapter of 2 Peter is done! on to 1 John now! Smile
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm really excited about the new song Smile

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief." Like Pastor Moses said, a thief wouldn't let the home-owners know when he's coming.
We should all be eager, but not eager in an impatient way, if that makes sense. As the Lord is patient with us, we should be patient as well. To be honest, this scares me a little. Everything and everyone would be gone from this earth. Tomorrow may be our last day, perhaps next week. All non-followers of Christ descend to hell, as followers rejoice in heaven. I shouldn't be afraid, but of course continue my path with Jesus.

Mark 13:32 However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Hey guys. Monday i was really busy and then yesterday... i totally forgot... i'm sooo sorry.... i'll keep up..

10 But when the Day of God's Judgment does come, it will be unannounced, like a thief. The sky will collapse with a thunderous bang, everything disintegrating in a huge conflagration, earth and all its works exposed to the scrutiny of Judgment.

So today I didn't get much. As much as the warnings and everything about the futures of our world are important, I didn't find much of it applies daily to our lives, but this one verse I think is important. I remember Pastor Moses made a sermon about it once and it was about our importance. If we would be worth taking on the day of judgment. It won't be a gradual thing, but suddenly the chosen people will leave, but if we aren't worth going to heaven, it is unlikely that we will pass judgment. So work hard so that we will also be worth taking to heaven at time of judgement. Good night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

2 Peter 3 Empty 2 Peter 3

Post  jaake kwon Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:11 am

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day" verse 8 btw.

I decided to do this verse cuz i had a hard time understanding it.
so yeah.
From what I'm guessing, this is saying God can make one day seem eternal, and make eternity seem like a day. And Not a combined meaning.(prolly gonna google after just to be safe)
The next verse states that God doesnt stall promises, but he waits for us. From that, I can tell that quarter of verse 8 refers to the waiting part of God's promise.
Basically saying that although we may be waiting, we're not ready at that moment, and therefore He is waiting for US to be ready.

Now the "thousand years = 1 day" is much more easier to understand.
Verse 9 refers to God's firm patience, and adding that with "WWJD" can put a clear message saying,
We should be patient and wary of ourselves. To prepare to be able to not be ashamed if Jesus ever came to your place right now. BUT, "we should always take things one step at a time."
Step 1: Readying OURSELVES.
^once thats done, however long that we have to wait, can be as short as a wink.

Last edited by jaake kwon on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add the thing about thousand years = 1 day.)
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 am

hey guys i just did sooo much work and i dont think i can wrap my head around this chapter today Sad
im really tired so i will do my devo tomorrow!
goodnight guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:11 am

Guys, I'm up to my neck in homework and I have a test tomorrow AND I'm already pretty tired so yeah. But I'll post tomorrow for sure!
Haha, night!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:26 am

Wallah this makes me look like copycat but I just finished a project now.
And I'm dead. I read over the chapter but didn't get anything. I guess its cause I'm brain dead!
I will reread it tomorrow.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

15 And remember, the Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
this paragraph stuck out to me because of two things! number one, that God is waiting for us and giving us time to actually become saved and live a life blameless in His eyes, because he really doesnt want to destroy his children because he loves us so much. its not like God's going to pick a random day to come down on earth to destroy things, hes waiting until there is no more hope left for evil people and there are no more potential christians that will be destroyed out of spite. The purpose of him coming down from heaven is to separate the evil from the good and destroy all of the evil once and for all! Thus! God is good.
second, i saw that it said that many people twist his letters to mean different things and whatnot, but they are doing evvil! this tells me that the bible is meant for us to understand, so why would there be some hidden meaning that we look for? User-manuals dont have their instructions in encryptions so why should the bible, when its the manual of our life? So in this, we shouldnt fret about if we are understanding it or not, because God will make it be when he wants to communicate something to you! However, we should still meditate in our readings and think about them and apply them to our lives Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:59 pm

In my opinion, this chapter was pretty self-explanitory. All it was saying was that we should always be prepared for when Jesus will return in verse 10 But the day of the will come like a theif. this is saying that the Lord will come silently and we will be unaware of it so we should always be prepared.
This is pretty much all i got
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down