Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 peter 4

+2
josephpaik
jennifer
6 posters

Go down

1 peter 4  Empty 1 peter 4

Post  jennifer Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:17 pm

i found a baby kevin today on the sidewalk just lying there and it was cold and stuff so i brought him home and wrapped him up in a guh lae and put him in a shoebox Smile now i dont know what to do with him....
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

1 peter 4  Empty Re: 1 peter 4

Post  jennifer Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 pm

I think i got something from every sentence of this chapter! however i think that today's passage was really straight forward and i dont know how to explain what i interpreted to you guys without copying the whole chapter o.O
it was a really good chapter though Smile i liked it! very relatable to our lives and gives us things to actually do in our day to day lives.
byeee guyyssss
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:59 pm

LOL WHAT THE HECK ^^
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Jennifer you're a dead man.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 am

In chapter four, it says that we will be suffer for being a Christian. "Rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed."
Instead of feeling down when we're made fun of praising the Lord, we are reminded that we are truly blessed. Smile

We shouldn't be ashamed and the same suffering that we felt was what Jesus felt, but in a minor way. He truly knows what we go through each and everyday. Sometimes, when I get into a spiritual debate with one of my classmates, I feel embarrassed to say that faith is what we Christian's got. But, Jesus knows how we feel and he will always comfort us.

Tomorrows thursday already... What a quick week!
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 am

Esther's not feeling her best but she'll be doing both todays and tomorrows devo tomorrow.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 am

8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.

Things like this are stuff we hear ALL the time I find that sometimes we disregard it now because it seems so repetitive and common. Love is something we ALL need and it's something we need to give to each other and to show others. Short but very meaningful.

11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen

I don't think about this so often but I never realized how lucky I am that I'm not physically disabled or less able than the average person. It's such a blessing that we have normal traits. But because we are able, we can do whatever little we can to do God's work. This passage spoke to me because it really shows that because I am able to do things, really use it for the right things.

MAN SO MANY TESTS TO STUDY for
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 pm

This chapter is sayting that we should not live the rest of our lives on earth for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. this verse, 2, stood out to me because most people, even christans live their lives for evil human desires such as wealth, fame, and etc... We should put aside those feelings and focus only on God because God gave us a second chance by making Jesus suffer all our sins instead us suffering.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 am

Oh man, sooooo I don't have school tomorrow because it's our school's 70th anniversary. EHEHEH.
U MAD?! Very Happy

Anyyywhooo, here we go!
4 They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you.
We're always going to be tempted. We're always going to be tested.
But we have to keep in mind that we can't fall into temptation.
It may seem worth it now, to sin and "join in their reckless, wild living", but remember!
Eternal life > the material/sinful joys of this world.

Yeah, that's what I got. I know it's short but it's something that got me thinking.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down