Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Peter 5 Oct 13

+4
Pa Ta Rick
jennifer
Christine Kim
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

1 Peter 5 Oct 13 Empty 1 Peter 5 Oct 13

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 pm

mmm
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Peter 5 Oct 13 Empty Re: 1 Peter 5 Oct 13

Post  Christine Kim Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:45 pm

hi sorry for not posting in a looong time. so i thought that this chapter was very meaningful and can help us become better people in God's eyes. we can serve him with all of what is listed in this chapter like being eager to serve and be self-controlled and alert. this is pretty much what i got out of this chapter.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:07 pm

9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters[b] all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
i think this verse is really motivaating because even when youre suffering, and you thinnk youre alone, not only do you have God, but you also have theother Christians that are all around the world who are suffering as well!
Also, it says to stand firm against the devil and be strong in our faith with God, again reminding us that the core of our relationship lies in the faith we have in God, because if we dont have faith in God, its hard to love him, then it becomes unrequited love to God D: hahah
yeah thats what i got today! Smile byebyeee
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:16 pm

In this chapter verse 2-4 stood out. These 2 verses were saying how we should be shephards of God's flock and under our care. We should do what God wants us to do. We shouldnt be greddy for money, but eager to serve. Dont boss around everyone because your the leader but serve them and be an example for your them. And then when the Chief Shepard appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

Thaz it and so much homework cant wait for Friday:D
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 am

hey guys. sorry for not posting... i was at a school retreat for the last few days... but now i'm back! so here it is...

5 And you who are younger must follow your leaders. But all of you, leaders and followers alike, are to be down to earth with each other, for-God has had it with the proud, But takes delight in just plain people.

I felt that this verse spoke out a lot to me. It applies because as a praise team leading others into praise, technically we are leaders and they are followers, but we're all on the same level to God. We are all here to do what we are called to do: to glorify God. Being proud and boastful is not what it's about to God, it's about who can serve each other and put others higher even if it means going lower ourselves. So just wanted to share what I thought about this passage and I just thought it was a good reminder or a lesson to some... Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:49 am

sorry for nto psoting yesterdayy

1 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed: 2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

In my opinion this chapter relates with our congregation a whole bunch!
it says for the elders to be leaders and watch over Gods flock. I think that everyone on praise team, is a leader. I remember Moses once talked to us about how the first thing people see when they walk into the service, is the praise team. People look up to us and we should show them that we are worthy of looking up to. We are basically Gods extra helpers and leaders. We should lead his flock ( congregation) into his way and Glory will come to you.

5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”[a]

Also, in order for the younger kids to become more comfortable, we should step up first. Obviously they arent used to the hi-c service yet, so its our job to do so. If we interact with them with open arms, im sure they will open their arms too, but none of us do that from what i see aha. Me too Razz but i think we should all step up and carry our his family furthermore. God opposes people who think highly of themselves and treat themselves as a greater person when really we are all Gods children.
He shows favor towards teh humble, and we would be showing humbleness by spreading Gods glory to our congregation and to others. At the end of the chapter, it says greet one another with a kiss of love.
Dont literally..... then you're weird. but you know what the bible is saying! greet with respect, love, humbleness, FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT.. etc Very Happy

gnight.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:28 am

”6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.

Out of today's reading. I found this to be the most significant to me. Humility is something thhat we all need especially in our team yet I find that it's something that a lot of us lack. Especially since we have stepped up to praise team, it also means that we gotta step down and humble ourselves. If that makes sense. We can't go around walking like we're the situation because that's exactly what got hates ans opposes. Humility guys, always!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 am

2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

Wow. So, this caught my attention as SOON as I scanned the chapter.
Do good for god, not because you want praise and attention, but because you want to genuinely help God spread his message.
Your mindset when doing these things, could determine the follow-through!
After all, who do you really need to impress, other than God? No one! Very Happy

ALSO, I know it's hard to stay humble as a member of the praise team because everyone looks up to you and everyone is relying on you but remember what you're on that stage for and remember that you're not just performing; you're worshiping!

THAT'S IT! GOODNIGHT GUYS! Very Happy
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:30 am

Apologies for not posting for 2 days. I've passed out like right after I came home. Work is murking me like a gay buff guy in prsion.

2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;

This verse stood out to me. It's basically saying that you should be worshiping God because you want to serve, not because you are forced to serve. For example, if you only come to church because your parents are forcing you to, there's a problem there isn't it?? For me I feel very special that I get the privilege to worship God, especially through music. I remember, I was actually one of those people that were forced to come to church, but after getting to know God, Sundays felt more like a Funday instead of a torture day. LOL

3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.

A message that I got from this verse is this; because we are members of praise team, the whole congregation looks up to us. Just like any super hero movies, With great power comes great responsibility. I'm not saying that we are stronger or better than any members of the congregation but that we have the privilege to lead them to worship, help them call on to God. We need to try our best to show them how to worship (because some people don't even know what worship is, even in our church). We may have our own weaknesses and you guys might also feel that we are not fit enough to be leaders but that's why God chose us to lead the congregation. Because of our weaknesses that we get to lead the Strong (The Congregation).

Almost Every Single verses of this chapter had very meaningful messages and something we could apply to our daily lives but these are the verses that stuck out to me the most...

See you guys on Sat guys...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down