Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hebrews 4 Sept 15

5 posters

Go down

Hebrews 4 Sept 15 Empty Hebrews 4 Sept 15

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Happy Birthday Jennifer!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Hebrews 4 Sept 15 Empty Re: Hebrews 4 Sept 15

Post  jennifer Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:36 pm

GAH sorry guys i didnt have internet for the past two days and my laptops messed up so it doesnt have internet period Sad owell ahaha
anywho my devo Smile
i didnt really get the whole thing about God's place of rest and entering and not entering it and his anger and stuff o.o
but what i got from this chapter was where it makes a well known point!
that jesus endured everything we have, and even worse, yet still had not sinned. by trusting in God. hes still human! so that tells us that it is possible to not sin at all, and thats not even what Gods asking us to do or expecting us to do. but when we make a sin, it is not just for us to blame it on human weakness, because God proves to us by bringing Jesus to the earth that it is possible for a human being to not sin through hardships and whatnot.
i dont know if i sound crazy or not but yeah ahah
thatsss it Very Happy have a great rest-of-the-day!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:00 am

Wow... So many assignments already... Highschool is too tough...

Today's passage was kinda confusing... It said some stuff about resting and arriving and promises, but the one thing I did get from this passage is that on our walk with God, we can't just drop out or stop long enough so that we are too far behind to catch up. I guess the promise was to those who kept it up and kept walking through hardships with God. I wasn't really sure, but what I am sure of is that if we persevere on our journey with God, great things are to come, though we should not be loving God and working towards him for our personal gain. That's all I got from today's passage. Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 am

hey guys!
Happy Birthday Jen!

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Jesus, is the son of God. Hes been in the heavens and knows how to be accepted into the kingdom of heaven. Shouldnt we confess our faith towards him so that we may also be saved? We physically dont have a Leader that is perfect, but we have leaders that can also get tempted like us also. If we follow Jesus and pray for his calling, we should show our faith and confidence towards him and that we may recieve mercy and be saved.

Thats basically what i got. not much ://
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 am

Hey guys, had a pretty awesome day actually. Just school's kinda getting to me lol.

Well this chapter, I pretty much got the same thing as yesterday's chapter. About how we did hear the good news but we still wont go to heaven if we don't listen to it with our hearts.

2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

also in this verse, it talks about how the good news did not matter because they did not share it with other people with faith. Well I actually did not know the importance of sharing. Well I always knew sharing my personal experiences with God was important to share with you guys because it helps us bond but I didn't it actually affected our chances to go to heaven.

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

I just thought that this verse was very important. I don`t have to explain for you guys because it`s all self explanatory. But one thing you guys have to know is that, no matter how sharp a sword is, it wouldn`t really matter how sharp it is if we don`t use it. So if we hear the words of God but don`t take the words into our hearts, the bible is actually useless... That`s what I wanted to get across
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down