Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hebrews 2 Sept 13

5 posters

Go down

Hebrews 2 Sept 13 Empty Hebrews 2 Sept 13

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 pm

It seems like a lot of us haven't been getting anything out of the past few chapters
Some tips are READ the chapter first and if you can't get anything. Try switching from NLT, NIV, or The Message to gain a better understanding. It often helps a lot.
If that fails, try reading someone elses devotion to see if you can relate/elaborate on it.

Remember, there's ALWAYS something to get out of EVERY reading.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Hebrews 2 Sept 13 Empty Re: Hebrews 2 Sept 13

Post  DunNo Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 am

I'm so tired.... I'm gonna die tomorrow...

So today's passage meant a lot to me. It talks about how God made man, though imperfect, and how through Jesus Christ, we were saved. We are not as holy or even as worthy of God's love as angels. God has no good reason to love us. He has his angels to praise him and they are all holy and good, but God still chose to care for us and love us, through all our imperfections. In fact, he loved us up to a point where he sent down Jesus to free us from death through his own death/resurrection and he became our bridge to salvation. I think that this chapter was a great reminder of why and how we were saved from death and how God always loves us, though we have no reason to be loved.

Good night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:28 am

Sorry for not always following up with you guys... university frosh week's done, but now the real thing came... and boy, is it not by any means easy... so many readings..

Verse 3 spells out a good reminder, especially to me - will we escape the clutches of Satan if we continue to neglect the salvation of Christ; the news; the message; the gospel.... it really gave me the chills, thinking about this - salvation is a gift that we have on this Earth, and it's what we have, regardless of what we do, so long as we do our best and continue to worship God with everything we have. And verse 16 shows just how blessed we are, in every way possible - (For it is clear that he does not reach out to help angels, but to help Abraham's offspring). This one definitely spoke out to me in this way - if God is able to help us out but we choose to not seek him, then really it's a waste; there's an opportunity and a right moment to seek for help, and yet there's only so much time in this world...

It's getting kinda late. I'll see if I can do more things tomorrow. Great work, guys.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:02 am

Right form the beginning of the chapter all the way to verse 4.

1 We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. 2 For since the message spoken through angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, 3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. 4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

This is warning for all of us. just like the subheading. "Warning to Pay Attention"
WE have to pay careful attention to waht God is calling us to do and what the Devil is calling us to do. If we make the wrong decision we will drift away. If we are strong in faith we will continue to grow. It says that for every violationa and disobedience there will be punishment. I think the punishments we are given is the pain we go through when we dont have Jesus in our lives at that moment. There is no escape to Gods punishments and the more pain we are given, the more we doubt. We should never blame God because he knows whats right and everything happens for a reason. God first gives signs to show his words but if we dont repsond, what is God for? if we dont believe him, why do we try? we should always listen to what God has to say and follow into his kingdom and then we wont suffer, but we will be saved.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 am

Hey guys
Jenn doesn't have internet access so she will be posting tomorrow!

1 So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. 2 For the message God delivered through angels has always stood firm, and every violation of the law and every act of disobedience was punished.3 So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered to us by those who heard him speak?

The first part summed up the main point of the verse four verses. We must listen carefully to the truth or we'll turn away. We must constantly listen to God and always keep his teachings in mind so that we may not go to the darkness but stay in the light. How can we run away from the truth if our Lord had been the one who taught it to us. It's much easier to turn away from the truth from an average person but JEsus is no average person. He is our savior so we'll never have that conscience to think that we are able to ignore his salvation that he has given everything up for. The word became flesh, he bore our sin and death. Jesus was completely set apart, he was divine but he became flesh JUST to die for us. That was the salvation he announced and we should always remember the truth we have heard.

Man its 2am
Ive been working on my assignments and homework
Goood nigihtttttt
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:40 pm

I came home early to do this. LOLOLOL, DEDICATION, RIGHT, RIGGGGHT? ;D
anywhooo, yeah, school is so.... lawd, I always have so much homework. -.-' it's ridiculous.
BUT UHM, YEAH, HERE'S MY DEVO! Very Happy

1 We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

This is definitely one of those "easy said than done" things. Of course, we need to stay with God and be as consistently... "up there" as we can but I think we all know how hard it can be.
And I think it gets harder and harder to do this, as we grow up, because eventually, we've heard almost everything a pastor or priest can throw at us. We've just gotten so used to everything.
I guess we just have to keep being attentive, and pay attention to the little details!

2 For since the message spoken through angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment,
This just reminded me of a sermon I heard about how God shows us tough love.
I really don't have much to say about this verse but that the hardships that we go through, are trials because God puts us in situations we aren't comfortable in, to bring us closer to him.

Yikes, I'm getting so tired. Eeep.. Anywaay, I'm going to go take a nap. Teehehe Very Happy
I'll post the next one, later tonight! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down