Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hebrews 8 sept 21

+2
DunNo
jennifer
6 posters

Go down

hebrews 8 sept 21 Empty hebrews 8 sept 21

Post  jennifer Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Like a Star @ heaven
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

hebrews 8 sept 21 Empty Re: hebrews 8 sept 21

Post  jennifer Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:28 pm

5 They serve in a system of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven
this verse stuck out to me because when we think about the best ever worship or best ever time weve had just talking to God, we think, ohman that was the best evverrr
but! here it says that this is only a shadow of what happens in heaven. that in heaven we get to experience this except absolutely perfect and close to God! this is exciting Smile
i know weve probably heard that before but this puts this into a different prespective yknowww they made a metaphor and i think that makes it more real to me.
night guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:32 am

1 So come on, let's leave the preschool fingerpainting exercises on Christ and get on with the grand work of art. Grow up in Christ. The basic foundational truths are in place: turning your back on "salvation by self-help" and turning in trust toward God;2 baptismal instructions; laying on of hands; resurrection of the dead; eternal judgment.3 God helping us, we'll stay true to all that. But there's so much more. Let's get on with it!

I remember Rev. John preaching about this at some retreat. It's relatively straightforward, but it's good motivation. Doing devo's, we might find the same messages. Every Sunday, we might receive many of the same messages. But it's important what we do with that message, or lesson learned. We are at the beginning stages of our walk with God, but we really need to keep walking forward. We need to make some progress, and this verse serves a perfect illustration. We need to stop fingerpainting. We can not continue to have primary thoughts and learn shallow lessons forever, but instead, go deeper into the text and try and find out what we can learn from God when we read the bible. Grow up and become mature in God. Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 am

5 These priests provide only a hint of what goes on in the true sanctuary of heaven, which Moses caught a glimpse of as he was about to set up the tent-shrine. It was then that God said, "Be careful to do it exactly as you saw it on the Mountain."

I got a little better understanding of this verse after reading "The Message version". hahaha. As I read this, I also read Jennifer's and I completely agree. We have nothing but a mere glimpse of what is yet to come. There are times when we are spiritually high, most likely after a retreat, but if that is considered a glimpse, imagine how amazing it is in heaven. The fact that we are actually going up to heaven is mind boggling for me. That we're so blessed to have such an amazing reward. I can say that I love worshipping, praising God, and having that feeling of a spiritual high and I can't even begin to comprehend how much I would love that same thing, but in heaven. I'm trying to imagine it but it seems too amazing to comprehend.
\
Gpopd mogjt
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:54 am

From the whole chapter it was a story of the first tabernacle wasn't faithful to and there was punishments of God. But near the end it states that no matter how big the mistake, gGod will forgive you and free you of all your sins ( create another tabernacle for you) Smile so don't worry if you make a mistake just pray, talk to God, and he will be there for you. And forgive you.
Sorry its short but the chapter was really short.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 am

Kevin wrote:\
Gpopd mogjt
Hahahahaha! I guess you know you're tired whennn? (:

Anyway! On to my devooo!
5 They serve in a system of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven.
Okay, Kevin and Jennifer basically said what I was going to say but, isn't it so exciting? Seriously! Think about how much fun you have when you're worshiping God (not just through song, but in your everyday life!). Now, multiply that by trillions!
That's how perfect life in heaven will be!

But there's still some things that I don't understand...
We know this information and yet we still continue our sinful lives. We swear, and disrespect each other, etcetc. knowing that that isn't what's going to get us into heaven!
I guess it's a kind of, "I want to be successful but I don't want to do my homework" type thing. :I hmph.

Well, I'm going to try to improve in those areas! Be nicer and what not, yenoo? (:

Okay, okay. I'm like, dead tired soooo
GOOD NIGHT!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:24 am

Strep throat goes for soo long. This is what I actually call agony. My dad's home these days cooking up the most delicious stuff and I can barely taste anything even if I go through the painful process of swallowing something.

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said[b]:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

These verses are actually sooo powerful. It talks about basically when Jesus dies. About how the tabernacle was destroyed and the curtains were ripped in half as soon as Jesus passed away from the cross. That symbolizes how Jesus broke down discrimination and defeated all our sins. Now we have a covenant in side our hearts and our minds. But one thing that really caught my attention was verse 7 about how it says the first covenant had no fault basically saying change was only necessary because of us. Because we couldn't follow up with the simple things God told us to follow that the only way we can stay connected was for Jesus to die for us and to create a covenant for each and every single one of us. What's more sad is that we can't even follow up with that... that's actually all I gotta say. Goodnight peopz. See you at practice
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down