Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 23 - August 29, 2011.

Go down

Genesis 23 - August 29, 2011. Empty Genesis 23 - August 29, 2011.

Post  julian Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:11 am

Post here, all! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 23 - August 29, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 23 - August 29, 2011.

Post  julian Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 am

I hope you guys remember the sermon that might've been based off this, from what I remember - I believe Pastor John Kim talked about this one. I don't exactly remember what went on... but it's interesting to note a few things.

I can't believe 7 years passed like a dayfly... it really showed that Jacob was definitely in love with Rachel and wanted to do all that he could to have her; having that on his mind (maybe even more so than God), he continued to do all the work and it just went gone! But then he works again for another 7 years... it sounds very creepy reading this haha, and I could imagine from a girl's point-of-view that it'd be really weird...

The fact that Jacob is so obsessed with beauty might have offended God in the least... it's to say that Rachel didn't conceive any children but Leah did. Leah was almost like trash compared to Rachel in terms of beauty, or so it seems, but character isn't mentioned at all in this chapter. Did Rachel behave more to God's will than Leah? I'm not sure, that still may be a possibility. There's another thing to consider here as well - I'm sure Leah enjoyed being with Jacob for the night but when abandoned, God loved Leah, perhaps even more so than Rachel, so that Leah could bear children... I'm not even 100% sure what I'm getting at, but this is what I'm writing from reading this.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down