Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis 20 - August 24, 2011.

2 posters

Go down

Genesis 20 - August 24, 2011. Empty Genesis 20 - August 24, 2011.

Post  julian Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Post here!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Genesis 20 - August 24, 2011. Empty Re: Genesis 20 - August 24, 2011.

Post  julian Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:31 pm

I didn't seem to find a whole lot that I could get out of this chapter; however, that's not to say I can't talk about anything else!
Abimelech seems to feel he's morally correct, and from reading until later, I felt he should've been correct, hearing the words of Sarah and Abraham very carefully, but in reality, I guess things can be more complicated and more technical than what it seems to be - who would've known that Abraham and Sarah were married and were half-siblings (same father, different mothers), just from saying 'sister and brother'?

Thankfully, Abimelech is faithful and continues to be fearful of the Lord as we all should be - being in fear is to be in awe of God! It's a good thing, and we all know this!

julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 am

Hey guys... my bb is really messing up my computer typing habits... haha.

Today I didn't get much because it was a narrative about Abraham and his wife, but one thing I noticed was that because Abraham did not trust God, he risked losing his own wife. Like it says or implies in many places in the bible, if we trust in God and put ourselves in his hands, he will take care of us. In this Abraham took matters into his own hands telling God that he would be okay without him, but in the end, it was God who helped him out of the situation, so we should always trust in God and give ourselves to him because he will always be caring for us.

good night...
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down