Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philippians 3: July 27

3 posters

Go down

Philippians 3: July 27 Empty Philippians 3: July 27

Post  Esther Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:03 am

Uhh, I was waiting for someone else to make the post, because to be honest, I didn't really get muchh but I guess I'll be doing it today (or for yesterdaaay)!
So, here we go!

Yeah, like I said, I didn't get TOO much from this.
The overall message that I got was, you should always be happy to spread God's word (and "rejoice in the Lord") and that we should all constantly remember what God has done for us!

Arg, sorry! I know that was super short but what can I say? :$

Hahaha, goodnight guys!

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Philippians 3: July 27 Empty Re: Philippians 3: July 27

Post  jennifer Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 am

7 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. 8 Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ 9 and become one with him.
this verse stuck out to me because it summarizes how we should not worship idols and that everything we do is so miniscule compared to what God has done! its like we are collecting all of this candy we see around our house when we know that we can find the actual candy maker! if we get to know the candy maker then we get an abundance of candy! i think that's the same with God. we keep trying to do good things, and grasp righteousness through obeying the law and doing good things and we keep collecting all of the good things that happen to us in our lives, when we know that God is the one who gave it all to us and all we have to do is get to know God ad love him to achieve righteousness and be eternally happy Smile
its funny because i was thinking about this lately and how if we think about the best thing in the world is so small compared to what is to come for us ahah
that was quite short but i think important to me haah
gnight guys Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 am

Hey guys!
I felt... a little weird yesterday and the day before not posting... Having a 6 AM shift in Scarborough from where I live, I normally wake up at around 4:30 and bus, which was today - yesterday, I felt like I should've slept longer... but it didn't help! It was almost as if God told me to stay awake and get this devotion done first! Interesting how he intervenes in my life, it seems... I hope all is well! Smile

Verse 5 interested me a little, not knowing what I was hearing - circumcised the eighth day; of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew born of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee... and so on. The eighth day really questioned me a little bit, actually! There never was an eighth day of creation, as God's rest day was on the 7th, assuming all of his work was done. This almost told me that Israel was heading for a fresh start, and I can certainly agree with that.

Verse 7 stands as an important reminder for the day - But everything that was a gain to me, I have considered to be a loss because of Christ.

This really made me realize that at the end of the day, there are so many interesting things in the world. From new computers and tech to meeting different PEOPLE, there's a whole lot to do on Earth - but certainly, nothing is infinite. Everything on earth has a beginning and an ending - the alpha and the omega - and ultimately, we believe Christ has lived, always lives, and will continue to live in all of us. What we find to be our prides are truly nothing compared to the almighty creator who gave it all for us!

There was some more I got, but I'm saving that for maybe another time! Off to today's! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down