Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark 16

5 posters

Go down

Mark 16 Empty Mark 16

Post  Grace Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 pm

15Then he told them: Go and preach the good news to everyone in the world

I didnt get anything long from this chapter, but this one verse really stood out to me.
Right here, is what Jesus is still telling us to do today!
to spread the good news!!!

16Anyone who believes me and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe me will be condemned.

We cant force anyone to believe in the word, but we can try.
We can try and plant the seeds in their heats.
We need to reflect Jesus' words and actions through our own.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Mark 16 Empty Re: Mark 16

Post  julian Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 am

Hey guys. I apologize for not posting recently; graduation was yesterday, and definitely went well. I'm pretty glad of my overall achievements!

It's important to note, if you've never looked deep into this, that the endings of Mark are missing - it's weird, but yes, the ending of Mark isn't really the most valuable source of information, from what I've read. But let's dig in...

Jesus essentially makes it clear that we need to continue to proclaim his name; those who believe and have strong faith in Christ alone will really be saved, but whoever does not will be forever condemned for all of eternity. Note that we sing 'One Way' and say that Jesus is the one way to heaven, correct? That did serve as a great reminder, and definitely something to keep track of during the retreat!

I'm not too sure what to discuss about Mark 16. :S

But take care guys, God Bless!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 am

I couldn't find much, and sorry that I haven't been posting. It's been hectic, buttttttt...

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Like Grace was saying, this is it! That's what he wants us to do. Treat people with mercifully and preach.
I guess this is something to keep in mind as we're getting ready for the retreat! (:

Something I was also thinking about is how hard it is for us to actually preach about God.
Something that should be so easy for us, we're afraid to do outside of church.
I guess we're not always afraid, but the way the world views people who preach publically (as crazy people that should be avoided), is kinda... nerve racking, and it stops me from preaching, I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting there!
Starting with, not being too dlkvjlksjv about talking about God to people who don't believe in him.

Anyway, that's my little tidbit! Woooo! Retreat on Thursdaaay! Very Happy
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 am

chapter 16.

This chapter is basically about the ressurection of Jesus Christ.
So i guess there isnt very much on this chapter but to love Jesus because he went through so much and we will never be able to repay him back for waht he has done.
But we should at least try to our fullest extent until we cant any longer.
PEACE GUYS think about this lots!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 am

when the diciples were scolded for their lack of faith in believing others that Jesus had risen seems pretty bbad, but i think that if we were in the same situation, our reactions would be similar. because they knew of his past miracles and whatnot, but they never experienced sommething like this before! sooooo yeahhh thats what i got from today!
basically that faith is hard to maintain. there are manythigs that knock us down an make it waver so we have to work on itt with god Smile which is a good thing ahha
i didnt make sense o.O
see yall on thursday! Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content