Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 24 June 3rd

+3
Grace
Billy Kim
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Luke 24 June 3rd Empty Luke 24 June 3rd

Post  Kevin Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 24 June 3rd Empty Re: Luke 24 June 3rd

Post  Billy Kim Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Hey guys, I'm gonna sleeping over at a camp for a cancer fundraiser called "relay for life" so I can't post tonight aha have a sick day bros
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:53 pm

OMG YOU GUYSSSSSS... the last few days have been CRAZY. and in all honesty... i didnt notice that i missed 2 devo postings.....
im so sorry ahahaha ... ill catch up soon~ but ill post todays first Smile
im SOOO soar... i was helping out with a track and field meet all day yesteday... and i was running around... and all this stuff..... ALL DAY . good workout XD

47They also say that all people of every nation must be told in my name to turn to God, in order to be forgiven. So beginning in Jerusalem, 48you must tell everything that has happened.
It tells us our purpose as Christians.
To tell others about Christ, so that they too can be saved and go to heaven Smile
I think that whether it is native missions, KODIA missions, or staying in our own community... each chance is an honour to be able to spread the word about Christ. It's hard saying it directly... but no matter where we are, lets show other's God's love and be Christ to those who do not know Him already... showing them love and compassion through our actions and words.
Because, we need to follow in Jesus' footsteps and live a life like he did!!! Bringing God glory~~~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:40 am

Luke 24.
Im really confused..
i think i did 22 yesterday o.o
and i dont know which chapter grace did LOOOL
well doing 24 now.
LAST CHAPTER!

This Chapter has the one of the most important scripture verse in the Bible.
It states the whole adventure of how Jesus was resurrected from the dead. To me, to really believe this story, you must have a lot of faith.
Sometimes, i am uneasy about this verse because in a non religeous view, this would not make sense at all.
So i think this chapter should be kept in our hearts so that whever we are feeling low in faith. We should read this really find that we truly do have lots of faith in our God.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:45 am

i did 24 you bum..... it was in the contemporary version.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:54 am

Hey guys!

Yes, I'm aware this late... wasn't very smart.
I did enjoy prom yesterday though, was definitely a blast, though I completely forgot about posting the other day after napping for a bit... definitely my fault on that one. I did read it though, but I'll be focusing on this one.

Verse 29 seemed to make me think about Jesus' presence - within us. In my version (HCSV), it says, ('But they urged him, Stay with us, because it's almost evening, and now the day is almost over.' So he went in to stay with them.) It just really shows that before the holy spirit really came into play, Jesus' physical presence was so important to the people - especially after being born again! People were treating this day as their last day being with Jesus - and I think that's definitely the attitude we should always have when giving him glory!

I got a chance to read what Grace got, and those verses definitely were important as well, no doubt. Verse 49 is one that I definitely do want to remember, for years to come. 'And look, I am sending you what my father promised. As for you, stay in the city until you are empowered from on high'. That's definitely the command we should be following - to wait until we're truly ready to enter in the kingdom of heaven, not knowing exactly WHEN that time is. But when the time does come, that's when we can truly rejoice, more so than here on earth.

See you tomorrow. Wink
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:58 am

im so tired :/
i think this chapter is really important because it is about the ressurection of christ, therefore one of the most told stories in the bible.
but today this verse stuck out to me: 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.
it shows us that if we are willing to understand where God is coming from and we ask for him to help us understand when were lost, God will-as this verse is- simply open our minds to the word. its as simple as that. everyone keeps talking about how ahrd christian's lives are and how we will suffer to get into heaven, but it is also very easy for us. when we are in need, we know who to turn to. when aethiests are lost in thier lives, theyre completely lost. if all people leave them, they dont know where to find love or mercy. We know where to go when were in need, when were lost, when we have no one and nothing. He is always there for us, all we have to do is ask. God WANTS to embrace us! were his kids and creations! he loves us unconditionally! even if we crawl back to him after weve done wrong, hell accept us and direct us onto the right path.
yeah! this small verse just stuck out to me today Smile haha
night guys
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:12 am

Okay, to be honest guys, I'm so excited for my camp thing tomorrow that I can barely focus.
And I couldn't find anything, actually. :S
But, while I'm at the camp, I'll try to see if there's anything I find. (:
Goodnight guys! Have fun tomorrow!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:02 am

Hey guys
Nothing much stuck out to me in this chapter but I'll share my thoughts.

21 We had hoped he was the Messiah who had come to rescue Israel. This all happened three days ago.

The part where the disciples said they HOPED that Jesus was the messiah kind of made me realize that at the time, their faith had been weak. They witnessed the person that they thought was their teacher, their savior die on the cross. They believed that death truly took down their saviour. The thing that I thought that we could all think of was that we can all keep in mind that nothing can hold our God down, not even death itself. We can all put our complete faith in him that nothing of this world holds Jesus down.

Good nightt
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down