Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 22 - June 1.

5 posters

Go down

Luke 22 - June 1. Empty Luke 22 - June 1.

Post  julian Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Prom is tomorrow, sick! Very Happy Too bad I've gotta go to school in the morning to submit my paper...

Post here.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Luke 22 - June 1. Empty Re: Luke 22 - June 1.

Post  julian Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:12 pm

For today's readings, I found that there wasn't AS many things that were possible to relate to, considering a lot of it is story-based.

However, scripture hear discusses communion - especially remembering Bridgeway and how John will always invite everyone to participate in communion - funny how many people think of it as literal cannibalism (which I think is odd). In a sense, I guess it is weird because we are eating his body and drinking his blood - but rather he's just being a part of us on the inside, and communion is just a sacrement of that. It just helps to show that with putting Christ in us, we be able to put more of him and less of us, as I always like to say. It's a little difficult to explain this, but was totally a great reminder.

Another area where I learned was when Jesus was praying on the Mount of Olives:

44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. 45 When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. 46 “Why are you sleeping?” he asked them. “Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.”

Jesus continued to pray so hard where he was sweating where he was in awe - and truly sets a role-model example as to how our lives should be played out. It really tells me that if Jesus was able to do this, so we were able to - and so we ARE able to... and Jesus does say that when we pray, we should take it very seriously. It's the highest honour to be able to pray to him and to call out to him, as others just simply don't have that right, in certain areas. Especially verse 46 really tells me that even sleep shouldn't be bothering prayer - falling into temptation. It's making me reflect quite a bit right now.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:35 am

I'm so happy. I'm going to Wonderland tomorrow for a school band trip. It's gonna be fun.

25 But Jesus intervened: "Kings like to throw their weight around and people in authority like to give themselves fancy titles.26 It's not going to be that way with you. Let the senior among you become like the junior; let the leader act the part of the servant.

So this is a really important verse because it is one of those that remind us of what we should be. The same messages are repeated extensively throughout the bible, but this is one of the most important ones. When we start to create bigger selves, we start becoming distant from God. I'm too ____ to believe God or I'm too ____ to trust him... They are all excuses we make. We might try to make tall tales out of ourselves, but in the end, we are no better than the next person. To God, we are the same people. I am equal to anyone else, so just because God has assigned you to do something special, or because you can do things others can't, never boast or glorify yourself. It's extremely important to humble yourselves to each other's levels so because the fame we think we may deserve won't help us at all in the end. so... good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:18 am

Hey guys, I am so tired right now so I'm going to get right to the point.

In this chapter, nothing really... "spoke to me". I think it might be that we've seen the same lines read so many times and that it's too much of a story and so, I've got nothing much to say about it.
But what I can really say, is that we overlook how important this communion was.
Jesus was giving himself to us, sacrificing his own life, and sharing the holy spirit. He, in a way, showed us that by eating the body and blood of Christ, we were all united.

That's what I got! Goodnight!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Hey guys
So there were many little things that I got from this chapter.

52 Then Jesus spoke to the leading priests, the captains of the Temple guard, and the elders who had come for him. “Am I some dangerous revolutionary,” he asked, “that you come with swords and clubs to arrest me? 53 Why didn’t you arrest me in the Temple? I was there every day. But this is your moment, the time when the power of darkness reigns.”

In this passage, these people have come to arrest Jesus where no one but his men were around. In the beginning of the chapter, they were plotting ways to capture Jesus but were afraid of what the people would think. Here, behind closed doors, they captured him. These people in a sense were very 2 faced. They didn't approve of Jesus' teachings but they didn't want to do anything to upset that people that would bring down their status. These men want glory in their actions and their hearts aren't genuine. I reflected on this and will constantly keep in mind, it's not to receive glory from others, it's about God.

Another part I reflected was of Peter's denial. He thought he would do anything and lay his life down for Jesus but he denied him 3 times before the rooster rang. This made me think that Jesus puts faith into us all the time. Forever God is faithful, but much of the time, we are not. After reading this verse, I wanted to able to have MORE faith in God. It's not right that our God should place so much faith in us whereas we don't give even a small portion of that he gives us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey guys. As you can see i caught up but couldnt do yesterday cause i was actually toast.
So much memorizing buy luckily had another day. Its getting confusing for me so im gonna start from here.
I read all the other chapters.

wth i read it over twice and i honestly got nothing.
I read your devos over and i didnt understand.
so i think its jsut me lmao.
i dont udnerstand this chapter very well.
ill read it over.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down