Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 11 May 17th

+3
julian
Grace
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Luke 11 May 17th Empty Luke 11 May 17th

Post  Kevin Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeee
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 11 May 17th Empty Re: Luke 11 May 17th

Post  Grace Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

dhjadhakjdhkjasd , my seasonal allergies are like out of control...... im pretty sure im like overdosing on allergy meds... however the package lies, it is not 24 hour relief LOLLLLLL XD
but yeahh, today was a pretty good day, not including my tests ... ahahaha ... yeah.... ill study hard ... from now to the end of the semester, i promise....

anyways ill be back to post my devo in a few... im gonna work out first!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Hey guys!

What I got from this chapter that especially us amongst other Christians should never have quarrels. Jesus used the civil war as an example, If one nation fights each other, that nation will defintiely fail. Same thing within the body of Christ, there are DEFINITELY times where we may not get along with each other but that's something we have to avoid. If the part of the church doesn't agree with the other part of the church, how can they focus on God? They can't, because they don't have the same vision. From this, I'm sure we can all learn how important it is to have a healthy relationship in the body of christ.

Yeahh, that's all i got
Hopefully I'll get more from tomorrows chapter!
Good nightt
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue May 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Will read more after done my economics assignment. (Maybe 3 hrs?)
I'm hanging in there, guys...
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue May 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Haha. I have new fish now! I'm so happy.

9 "Here's what I'm saying: Ask and you'll get; Seek and you'll find; Knock and the door will open.

So this verse spoke out a lot about seeking God's help. God won't forsake us and if we ask for him, he will never, not respond. If it doesn't seem like he's answering, or refusing your call at first, be persistent. If you "bother" him, he will eventually make things go your way as long as they're for the right reasons. In the message version, the title of this segment is called Ask For What You Need. If we need something, we can't expect God to just give it up. We need to ask for it. We ask through prayer, but after asking, we still can't just expect it. It's God's call. Beggars can't be choosers, so while God gives an answer, all we can do, and should do, is wait for his response. Like said in the previous verses, if we persist with good reason and open hearts, then God will choose the time best for us to get what we asked for.

Good night guys!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed May 18, 2011 12:09 am

I know I'm a day behind for all the devos but I've done them, I just have them on my blackberry and it takes a while for me to type it on the computer. haha ):
Anyway, sorry! I'll post this one tomorrow! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed May 18, 2011 12:34 am

What i think the most important part of this chapter was the BEGINNING.
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place.
Wen he finished, one of his disciples said to him, :Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
He said to them, "when you pray, say:
The Lord's Prayer.

Basically what i think was that Jesus was praying in a church because its the most logical place to be praying WITH all your disciples by your side. It also said, CERTAIN place, which gave me a hint of being Gods home.
When we pray we should pray for whatever is needed but always pray the Lords Prayer aswell.
This prayer will talk to us and guide us when we are in need becasue it is scripture. All the scripture inside it, will help you in many ways.
PRAY THE LORDS PRAYER AND YOU WILL HEAR GOD.
This is why Moses always ends off with We pray all these with the Prayer that you taught US to pray.
LETS DO ITT!Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed May 18, 2011 12:57 am

Esther wrote:I know I'm a day behind for all the devos but I've done them, I just have them on my blackberry and it takes a while for me to type it on the computer. haha ):
Anyway, sorry! I'll post this one tomorrow! (:

Esther, You can send your devo's from your devo to your email and copy n paste them here. It's easy
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 am

Okay, I just realized I could copy and paste and post through my phone. Haha my bad!
Here's last nights devo!

8 But I tell you this—though he won’t do it for friendship’s sake, if you keep knocking long enough, he will get up and give you whatever you need because of your shameless persistence.

For some reason, this sounded so different from the rest of the things the bible teaches us. I know it has the same meaning but I felt that this was such a different way to say it. Be persistent, and whatever the reason and consequences, you'll get what you want. I guess, it just sounds a little... selfish to me? It's a good point but I don't know... maybe a different translation says it better but as of right now, the only way I can think about how "shameless persistence" would work is if we were to talk about spreading God's word.

Anyway, that's what I got. Goodnight guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down