Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 10 May 16th

4 posters

Go down

Luke 10 May 16th Empty Luke 10 May 16th

Post  Kevin Sun May 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Starfield - I will go
Siick song
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 10 May 16th Empty Re: Luke 10 May 16th

Post  julian Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 am

Hey guys! Now I've got 15 days, basically 2 more weeks until I hear from everyone, and then to make a decision. Please do continue to pray for me... again, frustration and impatience are starting to break out. It's not a good feeling, I kid you not..

When Jesus was sending out the seventy, it almost struck to me the idea of missions. Jesus had many clear instructions to do missions - not carrying any money, travel gear, or sandals... in other words, almost to put ourselves in the shoes of a poor individual, which many Israelites were at the time. Jesus wanted US to spread the good news and to continue to do good. Even in a town where bad things may happen, scripture tells us so to wipe off the dust - to make clean - of the people. And when these seventy individuals returned, they literally saw Satan's power just plummet. This tells me that missions can make or break lives... and it surely made me think whether or not I should take part in Native Missions this year - not just a visitation, but a proper week of missions.

The Parable of The Good Samaritan really also was another mouthful that I definitely took the time to think about. Without having the right hard and attitude, we aren't able to do missions with pure heart, mind, and soul. God doesn't want us just to slack off, but to really put in all our blood, sweat, and tears into every individual... and to really Love the Lord with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind, and to love our neighbour as ourselves. And that neighbour can be anyone, whoever God calls us to do something miraculous in their lives. As the expert in the law took Jesus as a counselor, we should also continue to seek his advice and realize that we're called to do the same as the Samaritan.

Good read for the night... take care guys. Sure calmed my heart down a LOT.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue May 17, 2011 12:21 am

I actually got so much from this chapter!! Smile
I lilove Luke 10 Smile
firstly I got that when judgment day comes, we will all bow down before God, and be humble before Him because there is no on greater or more perfect than God!
Second, it talks about who is a TRUE neighbor. It is the one who shows pity and love, and Jesus say to go do the same and be good neighbors to others!
And also I really like this one verse where jesus says that only the son knows the father, and that the son came down to earth and wants to share what he knows so that others can know the father as well. It applies so much to us! Spread God's word and love through actions and words so that others can also share what we share with God Smile
I was talking to my cousin about KODIA, and she knows so much about missions, and she gave me such good advice and I know it came from God~ what really stuck with me was when she said "See Jesus in, and be Jesus, to whoever you meet"
in the bible it says that we are to grow to be more like Christ, and until judgment day comes, we are to serve others an basically humble down and do God's work all for His greater glory Smile

Another thing in this chapter that really stood out to me was that one part about satan. It continues to amaze me how POWERFUL our God is, and how satan really... Can't touch God. In this chapter it says that Jesus saw satan fall from the heavens. It's beyond our capability to even imagine how awesome our God truly is. We have nothing to fear because with our God, we cannot be harmed Smile our names are written in the books of heaven, how cool is that Smile

Anyways I hope everyone had a good start to their week!
I for one... Failed my accounting test and ended up sleeping in by accident and missed my ride XD
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue May 17, 2011 12:28 am

Hey guys
Hope your mondays have been GREAT

10 “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.

Hahaha man, this verse says it all. This verse made me think this way, if we can't have faith in things that are easier to have faith than in something BIG like God, how can we have faith in God? There are many things in this world that we could have many doubts about but at least we may either see, hear, touch, i dont know about smell and taste.. but they are easier to detect with our 5 senses than it is to detect God. We don't see God, sometimes we may hear him, we definitely can't smell, touch, or taste God. That being said, isn't it MUCH harder to have faith in a God that we can not physically feel present? This verse REALLY reminds me, have MORE faith in simpler stuff so it'll be easier to have faith in the things that matter, like our God.

Haha also, this made me remember that we MUST love our neighbours. Why? Because same analogy as stated above. If we can't love our neighbours that we can clearly know they are there, how can we love God when we don't feel his physical presence. Just like our forum said, LOVE GOD, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURS. But to love god first, love your neighbours.

Hahaha have a great rest of the week!

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Basically, I learned that if you trust god, he'll give you everything you need. I didn't find a specific verse. You don't need to see or touch him to be able to get his blessings. Often times, I feel like we're all too dependent on our senses. If we can't see/feel/smell/etc it, it's not real and isn't possible. With faith, God's grace is shown.

Sorry that was so short, it's what I had last night. :$
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down