Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 16th

+2
James
jaake kwon
6 posters

Go down

Sept 16th Empty Sept 16th

Post  jaake kwon Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:51 pm

OK, so what I want to focus on today is what we come to church for.

Sure we come to church to praise God, and lead the congregation, but what do WE come to church for. When we come to church to kinda refresh our lives as a Christian, I think what we often forget is that our "hunger" to be more Christ-like is filled by giving. We often forget that the thing about Christianity is that we are filled the more we give, and the more we keep to ourselves induces our hunger.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Sept 16th Empty Re: Sept 16th

Post  James Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 pm

To be honest, I never recalled the story that was shared today. As a child, I was never aware of it.
But it really struck me, how the son's father just instantly forgave him.
And he proved his unconditional love by ordering one of his servants to kill the fattened calf.
Right after, the eldest son started to get jealous, and started building up hatred towards the younger son.
The story meant of us to be more like Christ and less like worshippers of God's creations.
I loved hearing it from Pastor Dan.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 am

Amazing well known parable!
In this story, we should take note that the First son, who is seen as "the perfect son", is JUST as rotten as the second son. The only true GOOD character in this parable was the father. The younger one yolo'ed it out and blew ALL his money, disrespected his father. The older one didn't have respect enough for his father and was bitter that his younger brother was being welcomed back. He felt no mercy, no grace for his younger brother. That's why the PERFECT example today, was The Father. He shares very God-like traits doesn't he? The younger one was SEEN as not good to his father, and the older one was SEEN as good, but was bad on the inside. He got shafted by his younger son, yet took him back, gave all these amazing things for him. That's the grace that God gives in our lives.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

oh oops forgot about this again!
i do recall this story being told to me over and over again. i remember Pastor Moses even preached on the parable of the lose son with the same message as Sunday's service. okay so in this story, the younger son completely disrespected his own FATHER by indirectly saying that he wants him dead and like what Kevin said "yolo'ed it out". he eventually came to his senses and went back home and was welcomed by his father, but judged by his older brother. the father had done the right thing in this situation by welcoming his younger son back home and celebrated because of it. whereas the older brother couldn't even acknowledge the younger son as his own brother. the father had taken the role that God would have done for us if we were either the younger or older son. He loves us all the same.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 pm

i remember hearing this awhile ago or something and it really is amazing how the father can instantly forgive someone who did something like that. the younger brother is the definition of yolo and to me, i dont see how anyone could forgive him. He didnt care about his father but just wanted his inheritance and jsut left, blew it all and came back planning to be a slave for his pops but his dad forgave him. WOW just amazing. But after thinking about for abit the father is sort of like God. God forgives us all the time even after we do terrible things. We are like the younger or older brotther. Either disrespectful and selffish or envious and bitter. But our God forgives us even if we do these terrible deeds.
How Great is Our God=)
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:22 am

time for a catching up streak

Was a Sunday 2 weeks ago, so not to clear on the details, but I guess it's about the prodigal son. I actually have the picture at home, but I never knew what it was of until the sermon. This is one of the most famous parables from the bible. It shows us an example of what God's love for us is like. We took just what we wanted from God, we went out, lived our own lives, and when we want to come back, he accepts us without hesitation. That is just the grace of God and it is amazing. Though we try, I don't know of many people who can love unconditionally to the point where even big things like being disowned could just become water under the bridge. So be thankful for his grace and love.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down