Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

colossians 4

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

colossians 4 Empty colossians 4

Post  Isaac Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:44 pm

sorry i havent been posting my devos, ill be posting tonight after work
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

colossians 4 Empty Re: colossians 4

Post  Grace Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:38 pm

hihihi Smile
okaaaay , so history test and friend novel study test downnn, french&science unit test and science retake to go xD
i got lotsa homework and studying to do..... so after this im gonna get back to work ? Smile

PS. THE WEATHER IS SO GORGEOUSSSSS. its like tshirt weatherrrrr ~

2Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
prayer is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important.
people call it "our telephone with God" but thats not a joke its how we build a relationship with God, its how we spend legit time with Him, just you and God.
you could read the scriptures 100 times, sing 239290302 praise songs, but none of that matters if you dont build your relationship with God too. It is how we worship Him, prayer is KEY .
we pray for others, knowing that God is with us, knowing that He will answer and that He is listening .
it says so in revelations.
God is always listening, when we pray the heavens go to a still. whenever a prayer goes up to heaven, HEAVEN GOES STILL. woaah, a place where there is never ending praise, goes silent. It just means that whenever you pray God gives you ALL of his attention. Not part of it. He doest go "oh your prayer isnt as important, im not gonna listen to it" He gives you 1000% i thought about this, and it made me want to put more effort, more heart into my prayers, because if He is giving us his full attention, shouldnt we atleast WANT to talk to Him? Not out of habit... saying "Dear God, thank you for this wonderful weather"when you truly dont mean it? Its like saying "Hey God, uhm, to be honest... i dont want to do this... but i have to so..." know what im sayinn? LOLL

kaay so i hope you all had a good tuesdayyy, 3 more days till the march breaaaak ! count downnnnnn ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 am

2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
3 Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains

When we pray to God, like it says, we should really be thankful.
Thankful that we get to talk to him, and like Grace said, thankful that can build a relationship.
Most of the time when I pray, it's usually for stuff like God i need this, God help me with this,
It's sometimes that i ask God for forgiveness and for thankfulness. But these should be our first devotions and priorities.

Verse 3 stuck out to me alot. When it said, "That is why I am here in chains"
It reminded me the true purpose of our lives. That God will give us chances to spread the word about God and that we will take those opportunities.
When it says That is why i am here in chains, it means we're not free yet. And the reason why we are not free and bound to our world,
is to spread the word of God. Sorry if im making it kind of confusing but it's a bit hard to explain but i hope u guys understand! ^^
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 am

hey guys im so sick and i have so many things to doo
helpp my throat is killing meeee Crying or Very sad

Colossians 4
Woah crazy chapter today totally relates to me and God is reminding me " Devote yourslves to Prayer" I dont take enough of my time on praying but as a praise team i should more often. Everytime im doing a devo and i go across the word prayer I keep saying that i should pray more often but I just dont spend enough time for it. But now on i should try to devote myself to prayer..
Have a great week 3more days till march break
i love you sexyy
8--- bom
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 am

Ughh when I was holding him...prowhhhh! God he took a crap while I was holding him, I swear he did that on purpose. He smiled after

Prayer. Simple in concept, but difficult in practice. We are taught from day one to pray. We go through so many evolutions of prayer, from our youth days to teen, etc. There is so many things to be learned about prayer, but when we do decide to pray, it sometimes becomes the hardest and most complex thing in the world. There is so man interpretation to what a prayer is today, but all it really is in the core, is spending personal time with God. It is just having a relationship with God.

That is all!

c ya guys. Oh yah I seriously don't thing
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 am

3 days yeee~
does anybody have skype????

yea, I read this and the greeting thing, i didnt get anything from...
this chapter focuses on others, not you... You need to know that u can't
walk alone... There's a reason why we're not alone in this world u kno??
We always pray and ask god to help ME with this and help ME with that...
The word me, I, myself, mine, etc can be a dangerous word. it shows greed
but it says to pray for others and make sure when u talk to others, you think
about it and answer with grace... I didnt get what it meant by for I am in chains...
If anybody reads this can they answer it for me??
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 am

the forum is being shotty. cathy cant get on and my internet is weird... im posting this before i disconnect
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:43 am

"6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive[a] so that you will have the right response for everyone."
i know a guy named allan. Not our allan, another one. He is probably the most charismatic guy youll ever meet. I wondered what he could do if he used his social ability to make people laugh, and generally feel better, for God. The main reason why he was so great to talk to was because he was humble but joking at the same time.

anyway, i just wanted to share that because this verse will get you far in life!

-isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down