Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sunday reflection

3 posters

Go down

sunday reflection Empty sunday reflection

Post  Kevin Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

so sam shared today that when we ask god for forgiveness, we are forgiven. There's no point of giving a "but" or excuses to god
he doesnt need any of that stuff.
all he needs is our repentaqnce and we are forgiven after.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

sunday reflection Empty Re: sunday reflection

Post  Cathy Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:52 am

Today, I learned that Sam steals candy from babies.

haha jokes.
I thoroughly enjoyed sam's sermon today. he taught us that there is no forgiveness if you don't actually accept your wrongdoings and repent, or if you continue to do the same thing over again (which, in a way means that you really didn't repent in the first place).
Sam says that this explains why sometimes we don't really feel like we're forgiven. which I can say that ive felt many times. Esp in the area of habitual sin, it becomes such a regular part of your daily life that you don't even NOTICE that you're doing it, or feel bad about it. And when you do, its hard to go back and put an end to it because its such a habit. Its like muscle memory. Like when we learn to play instruments - (perfect analogy for praise team! teeehee). When you practice an instrument, most of it just becomes muscle memory. I bet Jacob doesn't even think about what G is when he has to play G, just to use an example. But when we sin habitually the same thing happens - most of the times we aren't even conscious that we're doing it. And even if Jacob for some reason quits and doesn't play the guitar for a whole year, when he picks up a guitar again he will still remember. In the same way sin is ingrained into us. Partly cause we're naturally sinners, but also because we've let our body and mind become used to it. It's crazy and surprising how 'programmed' our bodies and minds can become.
HAHHAHA wow totally going off on a sidenote but i swear it relates. for this law project im researching a case where this guy suffers from sexsomnia - where he has sex in his sleep. And so one day at a party he fell asleep and he had an episode of his sexsomnia so he raped the woman that was sleeping on another couch in the same room. But he didn't know that he was doing it, because he was actually physically alseep. It's like sleepwalking but sex. But the funny thing is, that when he woke up he was wearing a condom. For him, putting on a condom before sex was so habitual that he naturally did it before sex, even though he was asleep! Good for him, he must've practiced safe sex all his life. Except for when he subconsciously rapes innocent women. that's not safe sex.

Anyways back to God. So we really need to reflect on what we want to let our bodies and minds get used to. If we keep indulging in sin than it's going to become a natural reaction for us. But if we make the effort to do good things and produce good fruit, than that becomes a natural reaction for us too. We always talk about habitual sin, but we never talk about habitual goodness to replace the habitual sin. (Like at the Kellogg Briand pact when 65 countries agreed to never use war again after the disastrous consequences of WWI. But the pact disintegrated so quickly cause they never thought of an alternative to war. DUM DUM DUM)
Anyways my point is that we need to start programming our bodies to do good, to replace the habitual sin.

hahahgood night everyone!
have a WONDERFUL WEEK! and GOOD LUCK ON EXAMS
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 am

Came from work!!! and i have to say for the first time,
I liked working... LOL and i was rele happy today cuz i thought
when we play every sunday, i thought people didnt care about us
a whole lot but when i came home today, somebody asked me wat
the songs were today saying they rele liked it and stuff and like
i think god was jst rewarding the praise team today. altho we want
our congregation to be like the "Church on the Rock" but we rele
shouldn't give up hope. I kno it seems like it's impossible but all we
can do it try our best and hope for the best... LOL

yo today's sermone was RELE sick.. I'm not saying like i do everyday,
it was ACTUALLY sick... It rele got me today cuz like my friend got rele
mad at me last night and i didnt apologize to her cuz i was kinda mad too.
I felt like horrible after. and i went to sleep. i kne i did something wrong to
her so sam was talking about asking for forgiveness and no "But"s and today
so right after, i called her but obviously, she didnt pick up. GUYS, CHILLS!!!!
IT'S NOT A GF!! I DONT HAVE ONE!!!! CHILL PEOPLZZ!!! so after, i called her
with my phone and she picked up and i apologized to her and boy that felt GOOD!!!!
also, "But Now" that was sick... We always need a "But Now" moment in our life...
I kno we have those moments in the last day of retreats but we cant jst say
"But Now" and after, jst go back to our old selves right away...
We all did it but like we have to strive to jst stick with "But Now" man wat
am I saying?? If u manage to read this and not understand wat i'm saying,
I dont blame you... LOL i have many ENGRISH PROBREMS!!!

Last edited by BirrieKimber on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:58 am

Cathy wrote:Today, I learned that Sam steals candy from babies.

haha jokes.
I thoroughly enjoyed sam's sermon today. he taught us that there is no forgiveness if you don't actually accept your wrongdoings and repent, or if you continue to do the same thing over again (which, in a way means that you really didn't repent in the first place).
Sam says that this explains why sometimes we don't really feel like we're forgiven. which I can say that ive felt many times. Esp in the area of habitual sin, it becomes such a regular part of your daily life that you don't even NOTICE that you're doing it, or feel bad about it. And when you do, its hard to go back and put an end to it because its such a habit. Its like muscle memory. Like when we learn to play instruments - (perfect analogy for praise team! teeehee). When you practice an instrument, most of it just becomes muscle memory. I bet Jacob doesn't even think about what G is when he has to play G, just to use an example. But when we sin habitually the same thing happens - most of the times we aren't even conscious that we're doing it. And even if Jacob for some reason quits and doesn't play the guitar for a whole year, when he picks up a guitar again he will still remember. In the same way sin is ingrained into us. Partly cause we're naturally sinners, but also because we've let our body and mind become used to it. It's crazy and surprising how 'programmed' our bodies and minds can become.
HAHHAHA wow totally going off on a sidenote but i swear it relates. for this law project im researching a case where this guy suffers from sexsomnia - where he has sex in his sleep. And so one day at a party he fell asleep and he had an episode of his sexsomnia so he raped the woman that was sleeping on another couch in the same room. But he didn't know that he was doing it, because he was actually physically alseep. It's like sleepwalking but sex. But the funny thing is, that when he woke up he was wearing a condom. For him, putting on a condom before sex was so habitual that he naturally did it before sex, even though he was asleep! Good for him, he must've practiced safe sex all his life. Except for when he subconsciously rapes innocent women. that's not safe sex.

Anyways back to God. So we really need to reflect on what we want to let our bodies and minds get used to. If we keep indulging in sin than it's going to become a natural reaction for us. But if we make the effort to do good things and produce good fruit, than that becomes a natural reaction for us too. We always talk about habitual sin, but we never talk about habitual goodness to replace the habitual sin. (Like at the Kellogg Briand pact when 65 countries agreed to never use war again after the disastrous consequences of WWI. But the pact disintegrated so quickly cause they never thought of an alternative to war. DUM DUM DUM)
Anyways my point is that we need to start programming our bodies to do good, to replace the habitual sin.

hahahgood night everyone!
have a WONDERFUL WEEK! and GOOD LUCK ON EXAMS
MAN!! SAM STEALS CANDIES FROM BABIES!! CANT BELIEVE SAME DIDNT SEE THAT!! And he thought we were laughin at his jks!! LOL
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down