Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 19

+3
Grace
Kevin
Cathy
7 posters

Go down

Luke 19 Empty Luke 19

Post  Cathy Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm having a weird day. Weird as in bitter and hostile. haha so i thought id come and do devos during my spare to make myself chill before i go and encounter more people again. haha

"Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."
Jesus seeks and saves what was lost. I really like the last part of that verse. Especially the word 'seek'. It really shows us that Jesus even SEEKS us to try to save us, even though we totally don't deserve it. Because really, Jesus does us a HUGE FAVOR by bringing us salvation and saving us from our sin. And in this world, the people that need it are the ones that seek the favors. But it looks like Jesus is doing the opposite. He's seeking us, he's seeking sinnners all so that he can die FOR us. Isn't that crazy? God really is a gracious God - doesn't matter if we're sinners, cause it's the sinners that he seeks to save.

As for the Parable of the Ten Minas, I really liked how it said that Jesus told this story because people thought that the Kingdom of God was coming right away. It's telling us that we have all this time - even though our lives are really so short in comparison to God's time - but for us, we have our whole lives - but for what purpose? So that we can simply take what God gave us, hide it and produce nothing in our lives? No - the parable tells us that we need to USE what God gave us - whether it be our passions, strengths, gifts, or even weaknesses. haha i like how Jesus made it sound like an investment. "Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?" Our lives are an INVESTMENT, my friends. Because when you invest, you take something small and make it into something bigger. (Or at least, if you're a SMART investor) Which is exactly what God does with what little sacrifice and praise we bring him. In turn, we should be doing the same to take the gifts God gives us and turn it into something so much greater for his glory.

Have a grrreat monday, everyone! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 19 Empty Re: Luke 19

Post  Kevin Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:23 pm

7 But the people were displeased. "He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner," they grumbled.
8 Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood before the Lord and said, "I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!"
9 Jesus responded, "Salvation has come to this home today, for this man has shown himself to be a true son of Abraham.10 For the Son of Mans came to seek and save those who are lost.

Jesus uses the weak to lead the strong. I'm pretty sure Zaccheaus ends up being a disciple of Jesus. What's more surprising to me is that Tax collector were considered very bad people back in that day and all of a sudden, he's willing to be a giver, not a taker. Jesus works miracles and changes in people that you'd probably least expect. Who knows... Isaac might stop sacking one day....
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:04 pm

7All the people saw this and began to mutter, "He has gone to be the guest of a 'sinner.' " i found this verse a little ironic. Like do any of us really have to right to say something like this? We are ALL sinners. None of us are perfect, we all sin one way or another. But Jesus came down to save ALL of us, no matter who we are, what we do, becuase God loves us ALL.
10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

The Parable of the Ten Minas
In this parable, the king gives 3 servants a certain amount of minas. When they bring it back after a certain amount of time they say "i brang back double what you trusted me with" The king was proud and rewarded them fully. But the last servant didnt do the same as the first two. He hid it, didnt even try. He just came back the last day and went on with excuses.
This has a lot to do with our spiritual walk with God. Our lives as Christians.
I often said in my devos "God gives us so many years to live, to reach out to others, to introduce them to God, and we need to use those years to help them see God. Even if we do not change them right away, we can plant seeds in their hearts and God will take care of the rest." ITS RIGHT HERE IN THE BIBLE! woaah haha
God can send 10 people into our lives, to change, so many of our own friends who are not Christian might be those people God is sending for us to help. God trusts us with that many hearts. SHouldnt we make Him proud and go beyond that? WHats the worst that could happen? them saying no? Like we cant force them into faith... but we atleast have to TRY! We have to have that faith that God will use us to reach out to them. We need to do all that we can, because God will give us to tools we need, He will provide where we lack. Like when you go to missions, when you share the gospel with 10 of your friends.. dont you think that atleast ONE will be touched by God?

Revolution-Starfield. this song really came to mind. It has strong lyricss !
We need to rise above the odds! Lets rep our God! Make Him proudddd Smile

have a good day guysss
its so cold eh ? wow its snowing :S
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:07 am

nom nom nom nom

"‘and to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given."
This is a character of God, one who rewards those who use what they are given . We get to give back what he gave us through praise team.

i like your devos today guys! Love reading them before/during/after work :p
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:43 am

Replying to Grace, It's Supposed to snow cuz it's winter!!
But atleast it's snowing b4 Christmas. I remember it was
raining in Christmas last year... and it didnt even snow B4....
Good sign!!! today was fun, Was in a project meeting and
things turned out RELE GOOD!! The last meeting was HORRIBLE!!

10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

Rele sick. it's true because as time goes by, we do lose something that we used to have.
Innocence from sin. In order for us to regain our innocence, we have to repent and ask for
forgiveness. We have to take action for a sins. The Cheif tax collector started to take action
from he's sin and told jesus that he want to get what he has lost and he did regain it...

26"He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."

HMMMmmmmm.... That's pretty hard core. I couldnt see any lessons from it but think about it.
In the dictionary, mina is basically money. And lets represent money as the amount of god's word
that we had spread. We were given the word of god and our job was to spread them to people.
The more words that we spread the better. the people that have not spread any wont get any
and the people that are against the word of god will perish in hell... That's wat i got... HAHA

Have a SICK week guys...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 am

Zacchaeus the Tax Collector

I almost forgot about Zacchaeus the Tax Collector, it is one of those passages they taught you in sunday school lol. How badly do we want to see God? We say we want to see God, and hell I want to see God too, but sometimes it seems impossible to see God in the world we live in, and that is far from the truth. God is everywhere, but the problem we don't seek him out, becasue we have this mentality of God being invisible in the world we live in. We just have to be like Zacchaeus, and try to seek God. We have to try. God is not going to pop a houdini and say whats up homie. lol

that is all bi
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 am

Hey Great Devos guys! Keep it up!

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost"
A pretty encouraging verse, God is the solution to our problems, the provider of our needs and sometimes we forget that. We forget to tell him things and therefore We become lost in the process. We need to continue to pray to God and acknowledge that he can do anything!

From verse 11 to 26 it's a parable about God giving us gifts and using them!
God gives everyone gifts, and i don't mean gifts as in to impress people but using them to glorify God! Some people have more gifts than others, but it's how you use them to it's fullest potential that counts. If God has given us and called us to do something we must try to make more out of it, instead of being timid and hiding God's gift. Because in OUR reality, our gifts are God's and they can't be called gifts if they're not meant to be given back to God.

34They replied, "The Lord needs it."
Everything under his command eh? The LORD needs it, so booyah there it is. It's like a master key for every door.
Jesus said "I need it" therefore it works Smile

40"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."
Powerful and majestic? He says that even if the people become quiet, the things he has created will not. So it means nature will literally worship Him. Interesting eh?

Jesus does travel alot.
Imagine the pain he must of felt when he was crying over Jerusalem. Jesus can LOOK into the future, but he's also human.
Imagine how much anguish and pain he saw for his people, like a father looking over his son. But this is the whole world we're talking about!

Jesus is sick.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down