Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 2 (Tues 16)

+3
Grace
Allan
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Luke 2 (Tues 16) Empty Luke 2 (Tues 16)

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Rolling Eyes
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 2 (Tues 16) Empty Re: Luke 2 (Tues 16)

Post  Allan Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Heads up I will be coming home very late, so the devo might be late! At north york library, and going to mom's store
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:59 pm

so i got my midterm today and i got a 90 averageee ! yeeeeeee now my dads pressuring me for a 95...... aieshh hahha
ANDD i hate running.... like legit..... we had to do interval run today.... 20 minutes of pure power running i thought i was going to die !

todays chapter reminded me of Christmas ^^ hehehe

40And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.
I remember ever since i was really little, my parents used to always pray to God saying stuff like " i pray Grace will grow up to be a daugther of God filled with knowledge and wisdom. Bless her with strong faith" and etc..... everytime my parents prayed for me.. i didnt really get what they were praying about. But like we're so lucky to be the children of God. In Him we are strong, and we are wise. We know what is evil and what is bad in God's sight, we have a chance to fix our mistakes. My prayer for all of you guys is that you will be filled with God's glory,that He will help you grow to be a strong chrisitan and will just cover you in His unfailing love Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Guys I might be having a very slight mental breakdown about scholarships. I misread the date for the queens one and I only gave my teacher advisor one week for my reference letter OMG im freaking out what do i do what if she's pissed and doesn't wanna write me one? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I will pray. very very hard. very hard.

Anyhoo
TODAY'S chapter is Jesus' birth. How exciting Smile
I'm not gonna lie I didn't really get that much from it to apply personally to my life, but I did enjoy reading the story of Jesus' early life. I think it's important that Luke wrote about Jesus' early life, because it allows us to relate more to Jesus as a PERSON. John starts out with the whole 'and the word is God' and all that and skips right to Jesus' adult life, where he's all holy and saviour like and saving the world already.. But I like the glimpses that we get into Jesus' childhood becuase otherwise, we forget the human part of Jesus and only rememeber the God-part, and I think it distances us from Jesus. But by remembering that Jesus was once a little baby, and he was once a 12 year old boy who got 'lost', it makes it easier to strive to be more like him. But yup. thats my two cents on t his chapter.

PS i love brooke fraser, i want to BE her. shes hot, eh? shes sort of got like latina fire even though shes australian.. it must be the big eyes and lips..
And I wanna save the world! I wanna go to Africa and help the little African children and write songs about it and SAVE THE WORLD! But that requires money. I need a job, or be a gold digger..
HAHHA GOLD DIGGER FOR CHRIST! im sorry you had to read that. haha im having a very strange and emotional day. good evening to you all
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 pm

TO
Allan: i changed the forum to your preference =D
Grace: GOOD JOB, not get a 95%
Cathy: you ll get scholarships, dont worry... and shes smoking hottttt
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 pm

"46 Three days later they finally discovered him in the Temple"
just thought that it was interesting that "three days" is so commonly brought up in the Bible.

"49 “But why did you need to search?” he asked. “Didn’t you know that I must be in my Father’s house?”[d] 50 But they didn’t understand what he meant."
if this didnt come from Jesus.... it would be ONE FREAKY ANSWER to get from a twelve year old... im just saying aha...
But its cool how he had such a direct connection to God from the start. This is a interesting chapter, and much like Cathy, i didnt get anything personally but to know of Jesus' early days is good to know.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:12 am

Ughh all my teachers are going crazy.... :@ 4 English assignments due in a week and a half... all you gr 12s are probably gonna tell me stop complaining and tell me its nothing? haha

I read this chapter but i didnt get anything to reflect on from it. I thought it was story telling about Jesus.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:04 am

YES THE FORUM IS BACK! Kevin stop complaining! Be a man! I have my old man beside me right now at the store lol. I bought resident evil darkside chronicle, "STOP MISSING!" "STOP SUCKING DAD!" "YOU STOP SUCKING!" see violence brings kids closer to their daddies . "Shoot the zombie on the head", never thought I would ever hear that coming from a Korean dad!

Something really stood out, "he is destined to cause the falling and rising of many Israelite. While many people were saved, many also fell. Jesus revealed the evil in many people's hearts, and he knew that they were going to be many who were going to oppose him. Jesus basically revealed that even the most religious looking man, can be influenced by sin. Many religious figures opposed him, and mocked him. Jesus saw right through them. Jesus was destined to cause both the fall and rise of many people. He did not deliberately cast these people down, instead he was just telling the truth, just as how he saw it.

that really just stood out k that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:05 am

WOW GOLD DIGGER FOR CHRIST! hahaha
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:35 am

Back from TKD and grocery Shopping with ma dad...
Dude, it's the most time wasting and embarassing thing to do...
this thing was on sale, and my dad keeps yelling at me to
ask if we can get a discount when it's ALREADY in sale...
SOOO EMBARASSING!! ARG!!!

29"Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you now dismiss[d] your servant in peace.
30For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31which you have prepared in the sight of all people,
32a light for revelation to the Gentiles
and for glory to your people Israel."

Wat a sick prayer... Simeon takes jesus and prays to god saying that he has
led the people to peace and that salvation is coming... Sick SICK prayer...

34Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."

DESTINED to cause falling and rising of many... SICK!! Jesus gave us the chance to go to heaven
and have enternal life but also, in the end, jesus will come back and judge who gets to fall also...
THOUGHTS OF MANY GEARTS WILL BE REAVEALED!!! jesus will see and reveal to EVERYONE about
theur deep dark secrets and everything that they have in their hearts that they might be hiding...
He will judge everybody by the end...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:41 am

Love is the Reversal is a sick song.

We should do songs like Lifeline again. i like them Smile

35so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed

This is pretty sick, but also pretty scary haha.

"But they did not understand what he was saying to them."

I tyhink this verse is pretty common for everyone. Nobody really understands God and probably never will.
However, we must try to accept the things he tells us to do and obey them, although we don't understand WHY or HOW
we need to understand WHAT God wants us to do.
something to be thinking about!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down