Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 24

+2
Kevin
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

October 24 Empty October 24

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:26 am

got nothing to read? AGAIN?? fine, i have one more up my sleeve... Song of Songs 1 ( or Song of Solomon)
that'll be interesting...
its practically erotica... ahahaha
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

October 24 Empty Re: October 24

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:15 pm

WHOOA ISAAAC..... SONG OF SONGS!! HAHA THIS CHAPTERS GONNA BE... different?
Song of Songs 1

5 I am dark but beautiful,............ EBONYKNIGHTS! HAHA JUST KIDDING

I really didn't get anything from this chapter although it was pretty jokes but kinda weird.

1 Peter 1

oh wow, I got alot more from this chapter.

8 You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.9 The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls.

THIS PASSAGE WAS ALL ABOUT FAITH! There's nothing better than knowing we are saved and redeemed. So if we KNOW for sure that God is here with us, and we trust in him fully, then we'll KNOW we're saved and we'll go to heaven. That's one of the greatest things to know, that we are safe and we're going to the right place.

WHOAA SEE U GUYS TOMORROW!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:29 pm

i suck at basketball...

i did proverbs 17. I just picked a random proverbs chapter to do and the first line just JUMPED out at me!
"1 Better a dry crust eaten in peace
than a house filled with feasting—and conflict."

When i was a kid, i thought my friend had it all. Money, more money, and disposable money. I went over to his house and as nice as it was, his family cant be considered a family. im glad i have the peace of a house... at times :p but all in all im blessed with what family i do have!

"10 A single rebuke does more for a person of understanding
than a hundred lashes on the back of a fool."

I also like this verse. Its very true, try talking to a "fool". Or correcting one. It takes forever if it ends at all. The best athletics are those who, in the midst of a game, can be sat down and taught. Cocky people dont want to hear it. Thats something we all need to work on. Mid practice, if we "yell" at you its not yelling. Its correcting over loud music.

GET EXCITTEDDD PEOPLE!!! we have a long and sick day tomorrow!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 am

Hi guys I did my devo yesterday on proverbs, but did not post it. Sry!

lol imagine a spanish kid in spanish class cheating of the asian kid...watching comedy network, trust me it is funny

I read Psalm 37, it has to be one of my favourite books to read. I can't post it becasue it is fairly long, but if you have the time Allan gives two thumbs up!

The wicked withers
Soon the wicked will disappear
The wicked plot aganist the godly; they snarl at them in defiance but the Lord just laughs

Don't fear about the wicked if you beleive in God. For they will lose. It is better to have god and little than to be evil and rich. It is saying that in the end God is the only thing that matters, and not to envy those who live in sin, for they will fade away.

It's a good chapter to read lol

k c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:00 am

LONNNNGGG Day . man im so tired.. and i hurt my back.... crap.... LOLLLLLLLL ggg
im sleeping right after this !

Habakkuk Complains to the LORD
2Our LORD, how long must I beg
for your help
before you listen?
How long before you save us
from all this violence?
3Why do you make me watch
such terrible injustice?
Why do you allow violence,
lawlessness,
crime, and cruelty
to spread everywhere?
4Laws cannot be enforced;
justice is always the loser;
criminals crowd out honest people
and twist the laws around.

We have to admit, a lot of the time... we complain. we can be SO negative and sometimes we blame it on God. "God why is this happening to me?" "why arent you doing this?" "why arent you doing that?" "you said that youll always help us... wheres the help" etc ive heard people say that a lot, and ive had my fair share. but recently... over the past year ive been recognizing more in this area of spiritual discipline. God is always working around us, some times we just dont see it.. or it doesnt come in the form you expect, so then it seems like God isnt doing anything. "how many times do i need to call out for help before you listen?" i get where habakkuk is going... but we also need to know that, God has specific timing for everything.. theres a reason for why He makes things happen when they do... He doesnt make mistakes. Secondly we need to realize HOW God is working around us. lastly, you need to be optimistic. If you get hurt its not "God why am i hurt?" it should be "thank you Lord, I was in a serious accident, but came out with only minor injuries" lets me thankful, not negative. look out for God. See how hes working

gooood night !
excited for tomorrow Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:07 am

Hey guys! Sorry this is so late but I just got back from the airport.. My brother is home! And I'm soo craving ramyun right now. oh mann

Anyhoo I read from 1 Timothy 1 today.. And it warned us of faulty lawmakers/law enforcers.. I thought it was very interesting when it said that laws are not made for the righteous, but for the sinners.. And then it went on to say that it's becuase God's command is for us to love - which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. So, in a way the chapter's kinda saying that the righteous dont need the law, because we live by God's commandment , which is much stronger than something that the law can tell us to do..
This doesnt' mean we should go around breaking the law, but its a nice reminder of what the real reason for abstaining from wrongdoings is - our desire to not commit crime or hurt others shouldnt be becuase the law told us to, but because it goes against God's commandment.

lalalala

im really excited for tmrw! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:10 am

U read Acts chapter 2 today and BOY!!! this chapter it FILLED with
messages...

This was basically the start of Christianity!!!
One day, all the jews were having a feast but a
Strong wind blew and the people started speaking the
SAME LANGUAGE!! at first people thought that people
were drunk but peter then stood up and told them that
jesus made this happen, nobody is drunk and he says
that God made jesus the king, MESSIAH, the master
that we killed in the cross!! People who were listening
to him asked him what we should do now and peter
answered this, We should change our lives, and turn to god!!
He also says that we are ALL invited to the kingdom or god
and it's our job is to take the invitation or not!!
This is sooo true cuz jesus even died for our sins
and gave us the chance, the invitation to heaven
and it's our job to turn to god and take the invitation!!
We all have the invitation, it's our own choice to do what
to do with it!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content